What are your opinions on Satanism? Is it moral? Or not?

Asked by: AleksAK
  • Very much so

Anyone who has actually read through the Satanic Bible will see that their statements are much better than the Christian bible's. They do not require blind following to a ruthless god who will send them to a flaming lake if they don't follow him directly. You are free to make your own choices and do your own thing instead of following some god.

• Satanism can be misunderstood

Satanism is commonly misunderstood. People say that satanists are evil people and immoral. But, they release their judgemental and unfair opinions without knowing what it actually means. Satanism is not a worshiping of the devil...That is known as luciferism (or something) satanism respects and worships every living creature and is against killing any animal or person against their will, smoking is unsatanic, murder is unsatanic...

• Moral, but not virtuous

The Satanist Bible has a bunch of technically moral statements, but has no room for forgiveness. It's of the lower breed of morality, the "what you are obligated to do, and nothing more" mentality. It's not that hard to be a Satanist. You could just as easily be an Atheist.

Thus, it is moral, but not virtuous.

• Freedom of Religion

I grew up a Jehovah's Witness, but my family got out after they realized that they were all a bunch of judgmental idiots who didn't know what they were talking about. They all said that Satanists were terrible people, but after getting out of that group, I explored and met new and interesting people, a few of which were Satanists. These people are not judgmental, and despite what everyone says, they are pretty relaxed, and interesting to talk to. As long as they aren't hurting other people, I have nothing against their religion.

• The religion is, the people who follow are not allows

The religion is not as evil and terrible as most people assume. The media frames Satanist as horrible killers and disgraces to humanity. While some followers are, other Satanists just believe in the religion. If everybody thought that god was evil, and Satan was the good guy, everybody would agree with me. See what I mean.

• Satanism is ethically wrong.

Satanism does not deserve to be called a belief/religion. No other religion in this world continues to grow with evil. Every other religion focuses on doing good (even though they serve different gods). How can it be justified to (for example) to kill human being, and use the excuse that "Satan told you to do it"? You don't see any other person from another believe, that does something wrong and blames their god for it. The things Satanism involves can never be justified, in any way what so ever.

• Worshiping a demon.

There's a difference between the posers who want to rebel against religion and the hard core satanists who sacrifice new borns and dance around fires. They believe in killing people who harm you in any way. They worship a demon for gods sake (pun not intended). Satanists are all idiots or evil and demonic (literally).

• Morally, it is wrong

To worship a being that tried to take over heaven, got banished, and is now seen as something affiliated with destruction and torture is already, right off the bat seen as something immoral.

Putting your faith into a being almost always affiliated with destruction, fire, torture, and overall hell is, never was, and never will be right.

• I don't see how it's moral.

I've done some research on Satanism and all I saw were stuff about hatred.
    "Why should I not hate mine enemies―if I 'love' them does that not place me at their mercy?" Clearly this does not encourage forgiveness and only adds fuel to a dispute.
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him." That's pretty harsh, considering the person is only bothering you.
    "Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal." So it's okay to cheat on your spouse if you're given the mating signal by someone else?

LostintheEcho1498 says2014-12-11T23:20:30.590
The whole idea of Satanism is against all morals, so why even post this? To see how many trolls are going to say yes? Oi