What do you think of NWA? Good (yes) or meaningless (no)? Why?

Asked by: Adam2
  • Because Willy Wonka...

See NWA has 3 letters and Willy Wonka has 10. 10+3 is 13 what has 13 letters you may ask? Iridocyclitis. Iridocyclitis is defined as an inflammation of the iris and ciliary body of the eye. Inflammation has 12 letters. What else has 12 letters? Great Britain. Now back to the 10 and 3. 10/3 is 3 and 1/3. 1/3. 3 is the number of sides on a triangle. 1 is the number of eyes in the Illuminati. Wake up America NWA is in the Illuminati based in Great Britain.

• Because Willy Wonka...

• NWA was a good group.

NWA was a very talented and influential hip hop group from the mid 1980s. Their talent brought them success but also their brutal honesty and freedom of speech. They spoke about their lifestyle and problems around them. A quote from a member of NWA is "Our art is a reflection of our reality".

• NWA was a good group.

• Yes, NWA was a very influentual rap and hip hop group.

No other musical group has had quite an impact like NWA. The members of NWA have become some of the best well known artists in rap music. Dr Dre, Ice Cube, and Eazy E revolutionized the music industry with their solo work and collaborations after the group. Unfortunately Eazy E is no longer with us.

• What good came from NWA?

I was a teenager in the 80's. I was heavily influenced by hip hop culture and rap artists whose objective was to raise consciousness: mental, spiritual, physical, social, political, health, human awareness, for the purpose of facilitating positive change individually and collectively. The theme of the movement was "Knowledge of Self". NWA boldly represented the opposite of the movement. I recall two songs, " F--- the police" and "Express Yourself" that spoke to social awareness and self development...The other songs I recall spoke to the glorification of street/gang culture, crack sales, mysogeny, vulgar sexuality, and killing "niggas". Were they talented? Yes! Were they influential? Yes! But was that talent and influence used in a positive manner? Does anyone want their kids walking around with those lyrics germinating in their subconscious mind? " We don't just say no, we're too busy saying 'Yeah!'...About drinkin' straight out the 8 bottle- do I look like a mothafuckin' role model- to a kid lookin' up to me; life ain't nothing but bitches and money!". To their defense, NWA did not create the extremely negative environmental conditions that produced "NWA"... Besides their talent, one of the reasons they were so influential is because those conditions exist all over this country. All I'm saying is, NWA did/does not offer any solutions/positive alternatives that I could see. But maybe that speaks to the diversity of the black experience in America. In my humble opinion NWA was a talented, influential force that ultimately was used to degenerate rap music and the mentality of black teens/youth through the glorification of gang culture, crack sales, mysogeny, black on black crime, and the depiction of black males as sex crazed, morally deficient, "menaces to society"...But again, they did not create that image, they were used to perpetuate it.

• What good came from NWA?

• Their music is bla, bla, blah

More of the whinefest I was talking about earlier. We get it, blacks were oppressed and in some cases still are. There are other groups, too, you know. It's not just blacks. Hispanics, Italians, Germans, are not very much liked in this country. They still called Jew-killers and Hiterlites. It's not like blacks are the only ones.