What is flattery? Christian answer (yes) Atheist answer (no)

Asked by: Gamapo
  • To Praise Someone

Flattery is simply praising someone for something they did or achieved. It can easily be used to show love to someone, building up confidence in someone, or if one is religious; praising God him or herself.

Pretty much it... I don't know what else to say. Hmm, well how is byour day going? Good, good well I'm doing alright. Just posting this and trying to kill some time. Your still reading this right? Umm... How do i entertain someone. I could dance, but you can't see me. How about, no that won't work. Man being a guest for the reader is tough. I don't know what to do, but just sit here until you finish reading. I'm just going to wait.

Waiting.
    Waiting..
    Waiting...

You done? Good, well have a good day; and "May <Insert Reference Here> ever being in your favor"!

• Hmm, an interesting question!

I would answer my own very thoughtful question-
    oh stop, im blushing!
    Yes, yes, quite right. I would say that flattery is language intended for causing others to like you, or to pay attention to you.

Ya, now i just need 8 more words. I am very close now! Just-

• Guys please stop cursing, thanks.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• God isn't REAL!

Sorry i dont believe in a guy who killed more people than the devil. God is a damn dog spelled backwards! I mean god damn who would believe in him he is like santa not real but creepy as crap, which is what god really is deep down in his heart.

• God isn't REAL!

• God never existed (non of them did or do)

Flattery is a form of boosting someones ego. Could be for your own gain that they feel good and want to give you want you ask for, or could be that you don't want to see anyone sad or down on them selves. Flattery is a form or lying, harmful, or not is dependent on purpose.

Diqiucun_Cunmin says2016-02-04T14:41:06.483
Why would atheists and Christians have different answers to this?