• There Will Always Be Atheists

Jesus said the poor you shall have with you always. I think there will always be atheists who suffer before they learn what God is and why God doesn't need to perform magic tricks to be real. Elijah did magic tricks and Jezebel still tried to kill him. God did magic tricks for Jews and they disobeyed Him, He kept his promise to preserve Jews because of Abraham and many Jews are atheists. One has to ask: how many magic tricks does God have to do to f*cked up people who'd take Him for a ride?

God can wait a couple 1000 years more. There's a trillion years left to do magic tricks. Eternal life knocks at the door. Believe and live or doubt it and go to eternal death.

• Nothing really no

The truth is is that we have been wrong so many times before, in the 1950's for example, we actually thought that black holes are science fiction, why- because we didn't have any proof, it was not that there was no proof, it was that we were not advanced enough to detect that proof.

• Why does it matter

But im just saying why is this a debate topic. God to everyone who believes he is real but to all who dont he doe not exist its up to you. So if you believe in him thats cool if you dont cool. Its just a wierd topic to do

• This is not an opinion debate

This debate isn't even in yes or no format what side am I supposed to answer on also I would believe in god if he made sense and there was evidence however the concept of God makes no sense and there is no evidence and the God of bible is contradictory if he can do anything why can't he stop iron chariots which the bible says he cant

• Nothing prevents me from wanting to know God.

God is self effulgent and is present every where if one really wants to know about him. Like sun does not need a candle to be shown like that for believer does need knowledge about God as he already exists in his faith. He is self evident evidence and requires no more truth or information to be manifested. We have to sense God to be convinced that there is a God. We must sense the facts of religion to know that they are facts. Nothing else, and no amount of reasoning, but our own perceptions can make these things real to us, can make my belief firm as a rock.

Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'. Speaking at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, the Pope made comments which experts said put an end to the “pseudo theories” of creationism and intelligent design that some argue were encouraged by his predecessor, Benedict XVI.“When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so,” Francis said.

He created human beings and let them develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one so they would reach their fulfilment. “The Big Bang, which today we hold to be the origin of the world, does not contradict the intervention of the divine creator but, rather, requires it.

“Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”

The Catholic Church has long had a reputation for being anti-science – most famously when Galileo faced the inquisition and was forced to retract his “heretic” theory that the Earth revolved around the Sun.

But Pope Francis’s comments were more in keeping with the progressive work of Pope Pius XII, who opened the door to the idea of evolution and actively welcomed the Big Bang theory. In 1996, John Paul II went further and suggested evolution was “more than a hypothesis” and “effectively proven fact”.

Yet more recently, Benedict XVI and his close advisors have apparently endorsed the idea that intelligent design underpins evolution – the idea that natural selection on its own is insufficient to explain the complexity of the world. In 2005, his close associate Cardinal Schoenborn wrote an article saying “evolution in the sense of common ancestry might be true, but evolution in the neo-Darwinian sense – an unguided, unplanned process – is not”.

• His nonexistence prevents me from knowing.

Just like I'm prevented from wanting to know the tooth fairy, leprechauns, and fairies, nonexistence lends itself to lack of information. I argue that information allows for knowing things, so if there is a lack of information on something, because it hasn't been shown to exist, then this is ample prevention for knowing it.

• I would accept the existence of god if

There weren't so many repulsive things about this so called god. Why is this god relying on humans to communicate and spread the knowledge of his existence? It is obvious that these gods are made up because of this. If I wanted a fast growing cult I would need people to spread the word because I would know this god I just made up did not actually exist. I would also add the fear of not believing, brainwashing every Sunday of every week, and false benefit to believing.
    Now that I think about it why wouldn't you want to know about someone who allows for a place of infinite torcher, lets death into the universe, and makes people unable to think for themselves?
    O wait...

• He hasn't texted me back yet :/

You know, God seems like a real swell fellow. He used to call me one my cell phone.

You used to call me on my
    You used to, you used to
    Yeah

You used to call me on my cell phone
    Late night when you need my love
    Call me on my cell phone
    Late night when you need my love
    And I know when that hotline bling
    That can only mean one thing
    I know when that hotline bling
    That can only mean one thing

Ever since I left the city,
    You got a reputation for yourself now
    Everybody knows and I feel left out
    Girl you got me down, you got me stressed out
    'Cause ever since I left the city,
    you started wearing less and goin' out more
    Glasses of champagne out on the dance floor
    Hangin' with some girls I've never seen before

You used to call me on my cell phone
    Late night when you need my love
    Call me on my cell phone
    Late night when you need my love
    I know when that hotline bling
    That can only mean one thing
    I know when that hotline bling
    That can only mean one thing

Ever since I left the city, you, you, you
    You and me we just don't get along
    You make me feel like I did you wrong
    Going places where you don't belong
    Ever since I left the city,
    you, you got exactly what you asked for
    Running out of pages in your passport
    Hanging with some girls I've never seen before

You used to call me on my cell phone
    Late night when you need my love
    Call me on my cell phone
    Late night when you need my love
    And I know when that hotline bling
    That can only mean one thing
    I know when that hotline bling
    That can only mean one thing

These days, all I do is
    Wonder if you bendin' over backwards for someone else
    Wonder if you're rollin' up a backwoods for someone else
    Doing things I taught you, gettin' nasty for someone else
    You don't need no one else
    You don't need nobody else, no
    Why you never alone
    Why you always touching road
    Used to always stay at home, be a good girl
    You was in a zone, yeah
    You should just be yourself
    Right now, you're someone else

You used to call me on my cell phone
    Late night when you need my love
    Call me on my cell phone
    Late night when you need my love
    And I know when that hotline bling
    That can only mean one thing
    I know when that hotline bling
    That can only mean one thing

Ever since I left the city

• I would accept the existence of a god

If there was any proof. My rejection of the existence of a god is based on the fact that there's no objective evidence for the existence of a god. Religious people often say belief is a choice, but it's really not. No one can force themselves to believe something that they doubt. It's like asking someone to force themselves to believe in leprechauns. It can't be done, because inside yourself you will always know it's BS. You can lie to others,but you can't lie to yourself.

• What an odd statement.

I'm sure you mean this. I bet you even offer it in some compassionate way. This is not how anyone who does not believe things of god. Its not about " wanting ". That makes no scene from my perspective. Wanting to is like wishing, why would I wish for it?

Posted by: TBR