What requires more physical effort: ballet (yes) or jazz (no)?

• Jazz is great

Jazz makes you have to express feelings and emotion in in every movement. U have to use vocals and instruments an be physical in soul mind and body all at the same time. We all love jazz, it makes us laugh,dance,think and move.So in my opinion, I think jazz is most physical.

• Ballet is harder by far

Ballet you need oh so much more muscular endurance than jazz you need very strong ankles for pointe as well you need to be very slow at times or very very fast at times seriously you have to be positively strong for ballet to work out for you ps Jazz NO POINTE!!!!

• Ballet requires a tremendous amount of strength, stamina and discipline.

Although jazz and ballet both require a considerable amount of physical exertion, ballet requires precision that can only be achieved through a lot of strength and stamina. Jazz, on the other hand, is more improvisational, which gives the artist more control over how and when to effectively pace oneself. Therefore, a jazz musician has the liberty of pulling back to rest for a few chords whereas a ballerina does not.

• Ballet by far!

Jazz dance does not meet up to ballet, although is it fun. Ballet needs so much physical movement-from your turnout, pointed toes, various styles of ballet, strong muscles, etc.- and it requires more dedication!! Ballet dancers have to work through pain. And ballet is the best soooo!!! Yaya yaya yaya

• Ballet requires more physical effort

I take both and ballet requires EVERY mustle in ur body to be working you need to have upper body strength, quad and calf strength, and arm strength. Ballet burns 266 calories an hour ( if ur on pointe 290 ) while jazz burns 233. I should know I take 33 hours of dance a week:)

• I know it is jazz 4 sure!

JjAZZ requires a tremendous amount of strength, stamina and discipline. Although jazz and ballet both require a considerable amount of physical exertion, ballet requires precision that can only Ballet requires a certain amount of strength, stamina and discipline. Although jazz and ballet both require a considerable amount of physical exertion, JAZZ requires precision that can only be achieved through a lot of strength and stamina. Jazz, on the other hand, is more improvisational, which gives the artist more control over how and when to effectively pace oneself. Therefore, a BALLET DANCER has the liberty of pulling back to rest for a few chords whereas a ballerina does not.

• Jazz requires more physical effort.

Jazz requires more physical effort. When people dance jazz, they are often required to do quick, choppy movements, requiring a lot of physical exertion. Also, jazz burns significantly more calories because you have to move a lot fast er than ballet, so that just adds to the fact that jazz requires more physical effort.