Can schools do anything about littering problems on campus?

• Yes, Schools can do things to help the littering problems

What schools could do is they could make 1 period a day, and 1 grade a day to do a whole period of cleaning up rubbish. Also we can punish the groups who are doing it by detentions and cleaning up rubbish during there lunch breaks. This can easily be fixed by these situations and if everyone in a school can just pick up 1 bit of rubbish a day, out schools will never be better

• Punish The Littering Students

If a student litters tell them to pick up the trash, and give them a warning. In future events have the students pick trash up around the classroom/outside!! I think that schools can easily do something about littering problems on campus. Teach the students how important it is to pick up after yourself.

• Less litter less problems

Schools can do whatever they want. During recess they could pick up after themselves. But as you can see they do it again and again. So the principle can shut down all extracurricular activities. Do these kids want to go that far? Unfortunately yes they do. Less litter, less problems.

• I like this

I agree with everything said said . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• We can put our back into it and sucseed

We can do this because we can put up rerving the enviroment posters stop littering. Put trash cans in every corner we can buae txgxh xfxystfx ggfdh hyyu gfggft hffhg bttyg yyg hggh bb h bhb hb bb bbbg b b b jb b jbjb jb jb jb j j

• Fine students heavily

If a student is caught littering on a campus, if there's an authority around to catch them, they should be fined relatively heavily. It'll seem ridiculous and way over the top when it happens, but I bet whoever is on the paying end of that fine isn't going to publicly litter again.

• Of course they can

Of course they can do something about it. It is whether or not they choose to is the problem. Schools have very busy schediules and I get that but that does not mean that they can no do after school activity's to help the cause. Heck I would come to it every day if I had a choice.

• Yes, schools can do things about the littering problems on campus.

I believe that schools can do things about the littering problems on campus. I think the biggest help is to make sure there are plenty of trash cans around, as well as well marked places for recycling. Also, schools could have a contest among other colleges as to who has the cleanest campus and the most trash. I know our local college has a similar contest with recycling, and it has been a big success.

• Punishments will just go to waste!

When students get a punishment, they will just get it and do it again. The punishments don't work and will never get it into their brains that littering is wrong! The punishments just come and go, and with all the new rubbish that schools create there is bound to be a never ending flow of rubbish coming around. So unless schools allocate one teacher for each person and watch them all the time to make sure that they put their rubbish in the bin, the rubbish problems will never stop!

• Schools can stay clean, Students can't!

Basically if a school was willing to stay clean they would be able to do it but the students have to be committed to stay clean also and some students just aren't that committed as some of the others. If more people litter then the same people clean it up, the clean committed people will eventually get fed up and start littering too, thinking that it is OK to litter because someone else will pick it up for them.

• Schools Can't Stay Clean

Yes, schools can try and stay clean, but students will still litter. There are people who will throw away their trash, but they will also have to pick up other people's trash. It is just people do not care, and chances of them changing are slim. It is just a fact.