Can schools do anything about littering problems on campus?

• Littering can be stopped!

Most of our littering problems develop at a young age. If the young were educated on the fact that littering negatively impacts our environment and we supported them in learning this and rewarded them for proper disposal of rubbish then we could stop littering. Just because it is a current trend and those certain kids deem littering as ¨cool¨ does not make it right.

• Hey I say yes

Why is the same argument copied and pasted multiple times? And who gave an eight-year-old a computer? The young people need to learn not to litter, so they make life long skills about it. That´s the main way to make it stop. Oh, one last thing. GIVE A HOOT, AND DON´T POLLUTE!!!

• We all are part of it

What the schools don't realize is that everyone litters, so take away that possibility and keep all the food in one area and supervise that area to make sure that kids aren't littering. Even the teachers must be watched because they too will litter when they think no one is looking.

• Less littering at schools

Littering at schools makes the school look horrible and nobody wants to go to that school because of all the trash. Some schools barley has any students or teachers anymore because of people littering. Stop littering it affects the world. It affects people lives. Littering makes our country look bad so stop littering and help clean the world.

• I think schools can stop kids littering because kids have more power of what is in the school.

Everyone thinks that teachers and staff control the school. But they are wrong. Kids have a lot of power over what goes on during school. They may not have power over the lessons and academic stuff, but they can control what goes on after the lessons. If the school and staff can control what the students do, America's school's can look much cleaner.

• Just stop littering

If you could older in have kids will they think they're saying the same thing you do during trash and to the world but if animals eat that static get ill very ill and die because of all that trash in the air pollution is really decrease because the trash this messed up the nutrition and if it goes into the sea the fish will die

• I think litter is a big problem. Me and my class are already finding solutions to this problem.

I think this is a humongous problem because when you litter your making your school look like the trash can exploded. Littering is also a problem because of what it does to the environment. Birds can eat them and get very ill or even die. My class is already trying to solve this problem and the more people the better

• Yes,Yes and Yes

Yes you can fix it. All everyone just needs is a community like the best community in R.C Garnet. I think we should all just use containers or just unwrap the snack first, throw it, then go on with your day. I really think we should stop this, that's why R.C. Garnett created a team to stop litter. In there school of course. If you want to get rid of litter, you are doing a great job for your community. You live on this planet too, and if you keep littering, you are not going to see the ground of this world. So I believe that you can stop it.

• Yes, lets make animal die

Littering is a bad things, the trash can go into streams and kill animals. And it is also ugly to see trash on the streets. Schools and places can do punishments, like forcing to clean and more. So they can make plans and programs to stop littering all over the place.

• You are only hurting yourself

The problem with kids and students littering is that they are often not thinking long term. They are littering the very same planet they have to live on and the result of all this pollution is health issues, degradation of quality of life and potential food contamination issues, et al.

Regret is the worst emotion to endure, but one that will probably be a reality for most of these kids. And if they ever have families of their own...What kind of planet are they leaving to them?

Short sighted and stupid, and all avoidable.

• Litterbugs can’t be stopped

Littering is fun it makes people feel trashy. I like the smell of dirty trash in the morning. It makes the school look like trash and I really hate school. And in fact, littering makes birds choke and die. And a bird bit my moms nose off. According to my callculations littering can not be stopped and people should stop saying that phrase. "Give a hoot don't pollute" "Don't give a hoot please pollute!!!!!"

• Litterbugs can't be stopped

• Litterbugs can't be stopped

• Litterbugs can't be stopped

• Litterbugs can't be stopped

• Litterbugs can't be stopped

• Litterbugs can't be stopped

• Litterbugs can't be stopped

• Litterbugs can't be stopped

• Punishments will just go to waste!

When students get a punishment, they will just get it and do it again. The punishments don't work and will never get it into their brains that littering is wrong! The punishments just come and go, and with all the new rubbish that schools create there is bound to be a never ending flow of rubbish coming around. So unless schools allocate one teacher for each person and watch them all the time to make sure that they put their rubbish in the bin, the rubbish problems will never stop!