When children inherit vast wealth, does this inheritance damage themselves and society?

• Yes, inherited wealth is damaging.

Personally, I do believe that people shouldn't inherit vast amounts of wealth. They need to learn how to take care of themselves and make their own money. Getting a lot of money without earning it is something that will spoil them. They won't necessarily know the value of money, and may waste it on things. I don't know that I can say it damages society, but it can definitely damage the person who inherits it, because they will not have learned the value of money and of earning it.

• Yes, it does.

This inheritance damages the children more because they become spoiled, greedy, and judge the rest of the poor by their standards, which are obviously far higher than everyone Else's. It is also really bad for society because they get screwed by a young kid that can afford something they cannot.

• No, vast wealth inheritance does not damage children or society.

I do not believe that when children inherit vast wealth, that it damages them and society. Of course not all people are the same. Some children will grow up and do something that will benefit society. While others will probably more destructive. But I think that it is the right of every citizen to choose how their money is taken cared of when they die.

• It gives them opportunity.

No, when children inherit vast wealth, this does not damage themselves and society, because they use the money for opportunities. The Kennedys are a perfect example of that. All of those children, even if they weren't very smart, great up and did wonderful things because they took advantage of the opportunities given to them.

• No, they had mentors

No, when children inherit vast wealth it was because their immediate ancestors were able to gain it. Wise businessmen and investors are focused on the long-term, and will teach their children to continue their success. Additionally, their wealth is theirs to do with as they please, and no one has a stronger claim on it than their immediate heirs.