When females sexually harass, is it taken as seriously when men sexually harass?

• Yes if reported.

Men are far more open to rude jokes and things that some women would consider sexual harassment. As such a lot of it goes unreported. If however, everything was reported I believe it would be addressed properly. Its really a case of not reporting, and for that I applaud the people who don't get their sensitivities offended too easily.

• In all honesty it isn't the double standards it is the difference in standards that women and men have.

Let’s get something straight the whole double standard thing isn't "society’s” way of thinking it double standards are actions individuals make. Now I am not going to continue talking about the double standard and continue with what my headline suggests. Women turn down guys a lot more then guys turn down women. I don't know how true this statement is but I am going with it anyways. Now imagine someone really attractive guy or girl whatever you prefer. Imagine them talking to you hinting towards something more giving you friendly taps and such getting cozy with you. Now imagine someone you find utterly repulsive a person that makes you want to head to the hills. Now imagine that person making the same moves towards you. Doesn't that seem like sexual harassment? Sexually harassment tends to be when someone you don't like does something you wouldn't normally care about if you did like them. I mean is your partner sexually harassing you when they try to kiss you? No of course not they are your partner that is what they are supposed to do. But if some person you’re not really into but are dating cause I don't know you lost a bet or something tried to make the same move. I wouldn't call that sexual harassment but it would have the same feel.

• Men are not taken seriously when women sexually harass them

A woman is sexually harassed and the entire office hears about it, and the man is put on display. However, if a woman sexually harasses and man, the office never hears about it. The man is questioned about the situation as though he misunderstood the advances. Oftentimes, men will not report it because they feel shame and inadequacy.

• Yes, harrasing is a horrible act regredless of gender.

Yes, harassing is a horrible act and should be taken seriously no matter which gender was responsible for it. Sexuality is a general term and it is not only included to define women; it defines men as well. That being set, when females sexually harass, it is offensive and not acceptable, same when me sexually harass women. Sexual harassment is causing harm to someone's sexual privacy regardless of gender.

• No but females sexually harassing men should be taken just as seriously as males sexually harassing females

I have seen many women sexually harass men and get away with it. One time, when I was in church, I saw a woman squeeze a man's butt. A lot of people saw it and didn't even bother to bat an eye. I was disgusted at this woman because she sexually humiliated the man next to her by squeezing his butt. There was also a time in school when I saw a girl grab a man's crotch. The girls looked at the guy but didn't even bother to help him. Unfortunately, if it was a man sexually harassing a woman, people would automatically come to the woman's rescue and ask if she's okay. There are many sexual harassment social experiment videos on YouTube that prove this. Society assumes that men always have sex on their mind and are addicted to sex so when they see a woman sexually harassing a man, they assume that the man was aroused by the sexual harassment and liked it but that is simply far from the case. If a woman grabbed my butt, my crotch, or my balls or tried to sexually seduce me, I would absolutely NOT like it at all. People who are sexually harassed, regardless of whether they are male or female, should not be afraid to use self-defense and punch the harasser who is sexually harassing them. The truth is if a woman sexually harasses a man, then there should be people who come up to the woman and tell her to knock it off, just like people do when they see a man sexually harass a woman. Women are allowed to sexually harass any man they want and just be seen as "a little flirty" but when the genders are reversed, the man is automatically tackled down. Sexual harassment is absolutely disgusting and it should not be happening at all, regardless of what gender the person is. It is a very extreme invasion of one's own privacy.

• No, but it should be

I think that the seriousness of female perpetrators of harassment are often underplayed. Our society's typically view on gender roles includes that men typically welcome all sexual advances from females, and that if they don't then they are more than capable of bringing the harassment to a quick end. This is not the case, and we need to recognize that women are equally as capable of victimizing as men.

• The Double-Standard Continues...:

In many industrialized countries males still cannot be "raped", "molested", or "harassed" by females if of legal age. It is a social stigma that has persisted for as long as anyone can really remember with very few exceptions barring extreme cases or repetitious persons who assaulted multiple people with their behaviors.

• Sexual harassment of men is not taken as seriously.

Our culture has a "toughen" up mentality towards men, encouraging them to hide their feelings while demonstrating their masculinity. This conflicts with the rising notion that both genders be treated equally. I think that while we are behind the ball when it comes to men's rights (pun intended), we are making headway (pun intended).

• No. Sexual Harassment by a Female is not Taken as Seriously

Women who sexually harass men in the worst place are often times given very less severe consequences than the opposite scenario. While the harassment is real the frailty and other stereotypes in which women are viewed under in the work place, lack the strength of them to carry out or act on said harassment.