When gay people find out they are gay, if they could have surgery to become heterosexual then they would choose to become straight.

• Not everyone would.

There are some, I won't lie, that would choose that route. With people ridiculing them, demeaning them, etc., then they will feel that they shouldn't be alive. There are a few out there, and not everyone of this nature end up feeling that way, but there are some that do. Those that do would probably take the surgery and become straight if they could. But those are not all homosexuals. There are many that embrace who they are and wouldn't change themselves for anything: they accepted that they are not hetero, and they are fine with it. This question itself is a generalization and is not applicable to all homosexuals. Therefore, I have to say no to this question, because not all homosexuals would do this.