When someone dies by accident on the set of a movie being made, should the film company be required to give a portion of the profits away?

• Yes, they should.

They should be required to give the entire salary of the dead actor to his or her family, and then they should have to pay restitution. If you are going to take risks to entertain, then you better make sure it is fool proof. There's no need for these deaths.

• No, I don't think if someone was to die by accident on a movie set the company should be required to give a portion of the profits away.

Having someone die while making a movie is a very unfortunate thing to happen but there is probably a detailed section in the contract that person had signed to work on the movie dealing with what happens in the event of injury or death, I believe the persons family deserves compensation but I don't believe they should get a portion of the profits.

• not at all

no, it is not the film makers fault that the person was killed, and they do not need to pay any person any of their profits. it is all just an accident, and there is not a thing that they need to do to try to make it all up.

• Film studios should not be required to give a portion of profits away when someone dies on the set

The film studio should not be required to give a portion of the profits away when someone dies on the set of a movie that is made. Film studios already spend a sizable amount of money providing insurance for actors and other works on site should they be injured or killed. This already covers any liability that they may incur, they shouldn't have to pay more by donating profits.

• No, a movie company shouldn't have to donate some of the portion of the profits due to a death.

I do not think that a movie company should feel the need to have to give away a portion of the profits made from the film to a cause or charity just because a person who is a part of the production dies. I think that most people who sign on to a film knows the risks that are associated sometimes with filming a movie.