When two people below the age of consent have sex, should the girl also be punished?

Asked by: Diqiucun_Cunmin
  • Sexism, pure sexism.

Why would we punish only the guy and not the girl? It is sexist and cruel. The other person that said no is being sexist, a girl could have been the aggressor and a guy could easily be a victim. Only punishing the guy and not the girl is pure feminazi propaganda.

• Legally, Both Are Guilty

Assuming that both parties are of equal age, and have both agreed to the act, then they are both equally guilty of the crime. So, logically, they should face the same degree of legal punishment. A girl has no obligation to agree to sex if they don't want to, so it would be plainly unfair to charge the boy and not the girl, when the girl assumes the same level of guilt.

• Why is this even a debate???

Why is this even a question? This is the most sexist thing I can even imagine. If they BOTH CONSENTED, it is both of their faults.

What if I said, "What if a man and women rob a store, should only the man be punished?"

If they both committed the crime, they both need to be punished. No question.

• Yes, she's an individual who made that choice and is responsible for her own actions.

I'm assuming from the "also" bit that the premise of this question is that the boy is punished, and that both parties consented. In that case, the girl should be punished as well, as she is an individual with the capability to make her own choice. Now, if she was forced or coerced, that's another matter entirely and I'd say no, she should not be punished.

• Yes punish her

However it does not have to be the same punishment the boy received nor does the boy have to be punished for the girl to receive correction. The girl is guilty of underage sexual intercourse. When correction is being administered to her it is to punish and reform her and to deter other underage women from the same temptations

• Both of them do sex together

They must get punishment, both of them is fals, not just man, but girls also. Because ussually the girl that make man become want to do that. So the girl should be punished. If girl protect her self and keep the body so the man will not have passion with her self because the man is not interested

• Both of them do sex together

• If the boy is punished, so should the girl.

Even if the girl was pressured into sex, she still made the choice of her own accord, and therefore should be held just as accountable as the boy. Although, I do not feel as though anyone should be punished, for the sake of equality, if the man is punished, so should the woman.

• If both agree to have sex

If a person rapes another, that is a completely different story, but if two or more choose to have sex together, than they are all guilty of the crime. I agree with pretty much everyone above, and their opinions. I do not think it is fair to punish one for an action two willingly take part in.

• It is not necessary.

I hear this being suggested every time an underage couple is caught having sex. There are usually heated comments which claim the law is 'sexist' for not punishing both parties. I don't believe the girl should be punished. Firstly, it is usually the boy who suggests the activity, and the girl simply complies. If the girl is also punished, we are punishing both the aggressor and the victim. Secondly, the girl already receives a lot of punishment: social stigma for losing her virginity, the possibility of pregnancy, and so on. It should be punishment enough - there is no need to add to it with a criminal record and jail time.

• The girl should be punished and taught what is right. The boy should be punished twice as hard as the girl.

When a guy has intercourse with another girl, he has nothing to lose at all. But the girl may get pregnant. The guy knows that the girl may get pregnant but does it anyway. A couple of idiots if you ask me. They should know better and be taught what is right and why it's right.

• None of the parties should be punished

There's no need to punish any of the party in case both of them are below the age of consent. Question for invoking penal action arises only when one of the party is a major. In case the sex is forceful then appropriate action should be taken under the respective provision of law.

• Why would the male be punished in the first place?

If they're both guilty of having sex before the consensual age, then there's no victim, and no need for punishment on either side. Maybe their parents would want to break things up, educated them on the risks, or inform them of birth control options, but there's nothing that legally needs to be done here. Having underage sex with no adults involved doesn't warrant legal repercussions anywhere in the US or UK.

Vox_Veritas says2015-04-18T17:34:15.457
That depends; is the boy or the girl overage?
Vox_Veritas says2015-04-18T17:34:51.370
If the girl's over 18 and the boy's under 18, then heck yeah.
Diqiucun_Cunmin says2015-04-18T17:35:01.980
@Vox: I'm assuming both parties are underage.
Vox_Veritas says2015-04-18T17:36:07.707
Whoops; I misread the question. There really is no reason to not punish both. I mean, it's only fair if both receive some kind of punishment, or not at all.
Stefy says2015-04-18T23:03:15.323
The are punished equally by the parents usually. The girl is invariabky punished more by society though whereas the guy is more iften congratulated.
Stefy says2015-04-18T23:03:35.507
Also why would you punish either?
Diqiucun_Cunmin says2015-04-19T01:00:26.060
I was talking about legal consequences.
Diqiucun_Cunmin says2015-04-19T01:04:26.950
I ask that everyone imagine this scenario for the moment (it's a piece of news from a while ago - around a year): You're a mother who have just come home from work, and you open your 15-year-old daughter's room, just to find her in bed, naked, with two 14-year-old boys with her. Angrily, you tell off all three, and then you call the police. Would you like them to arrest your daughter as well? (In the actual news, the two boys were promptly arrested, while the girl wasn't - as I've said, laws in my area don't allow the girl to be arrested when both parties are underage.)
Stefy says2015-04-19T01:06:26.927
Well thats unfair! Most areas that would be considered a crazy injustice and the laws would not be gendered thats very rare and strange. I think that your areas just has outdated laws.