Which book do you believe is more representative of China in World War II: 'The Rape of Nanking' (yes) or 'China Marine' (no)?

• Yes, the Rape of Nanking is more representative of Chine during WW2.

I think that the horrific crimes and tragedy of the Rape of Nanking is more representative of China during World War 2. I think that no other even during World War 2 is more notorious that than of what happened to China in Nanking. That is why that till this day, the Chinese have still not forgiven the Japanese.

• The Rape of Nanking is more representative of China.

I feel that 'The Rape of Nanking' is more representative of China in World War II than 'China Marine'. Both books provide exceptional insight on what life was like in China during the war but 'The Rape of Nanking' really paints a portrait that hits home for many readers alike.

• Yes: The Rape of Nanking is More Representative of WWII China

Both books are important in their own right for offering historical perspectives of China during the second world war. The Rape of Nanking, however, is a piece based on documentation and interviews and with survivors of the genocidal practices of the Japanese during the war. As such, this book offers more of a window into the world of the Chinese, rather than the American perspective featured in China Marine.

• The Rape of Nanking

I believe China in World War II is be represented through The Rape of Nanking. I believe it illustrates the true nature of China in war time and of course the circumstance show that they can do this without much repercussion from the world. I think China Marine is also representative, but not to the same degree.

• Was a true account.

I believe that China Marine is more representative of China in World War II, because China Marine is a first hand account of the things that happened in China during and after the War. E.B. Sledge was actually there. He writes about the things that he saw and experienced. It can't get any more representative than someone who lived it.