Which is a more significant determinant of health: a person's individual characteristics and behaviors (yes) or a person's social, economic, and physical environments (no)?

• Yes, a person's personal actions are more responsible for their lack of health.

I definitely think that a person's choices in their personal life is something that has more of an effect in their lives than the limitations they have in their financial and social issues. I think that a person should not blame their situation for their lack of health since it is something that can be fixed.

• Money does not buy health.

I think that it is much more important to live a healthy lifestyle than to be rich to be healthy. While being rich or in a good environment can certainly help you be healthy, it is not the determining factor of it. One could be the most wealthy person but if they eat five Big Macs for every meal they will not be healthy.

• Not All The Same

I believe the biggest determinant of heal is a persons individual characteristics and behaviors, however there are cases when a persons social, economic, and physical environments can make a huge difference. There's no way to lump everyone into one of the two groups supposed. Everyone has different life experiences and everyone is exposed to different things in life.

• A person can work.

A more significant determinant of health is a person's individual characteristics and behaviors, rather than their social, economic, and physical environments, because a person can work hard, no matter what situation they have come from. You can lead a horse to water, and a rich child with no accountability will still be a mess.