Which is better: Family Guy (yes) or South Park (no)?

• Family Guy is way funnier than South Park

I think there might be an IQ gap between these two fan bases. That would explain why 83% have thus far voted in favor of South Park. I think a lot of people don't really get Family Guy's humor; maybe on a superficial level, but there are multiple layers to it. South Park is infantile in comparison; there is no subtlety. For me, It barely manages to evoke the slightest chuckle. The writing is insipid and its target audience is probably around the same age as its characters. Family Guy delivers more humor in one-liners than South Park does in entire episodes.

• Real Plot Line

South Park has good jokes and plots that make sense. Family Guy is just stupid and throws in jokes for the heck of it. Sometimes the jokes thrown in do not even make sense. South Park sticks to a single plot and always delivers. Family Guy is not funny, AT ALL!

• Family Guy is better.

I personally think that Family Guy is better than South Park. This comes from someone who has only seen bits and pieces of each show and is not a regular viewer of either. From what I have seen, Family Guy is a lot funnier and more entertaining than South Park.

• A realistic view on society.

Family Guy gives a realistic view into the lives of an American family home. Meanwhile, South Park focuses on ignorant children who not only enjoy using profanity, but are also disrespectful to their elders. It teaches our children that this kind of behavior is okay. I believe Family Guy is more child appropriate and teaches better values, making it a better television show.

• Yes Family Guy is better than South Park.

Family guy is better than South Park because of Family Guy's characters, the writers and content. Family guy is about the Griffin family. The dad, Peter is just crazy. He is not the smartest guy but he is a stereotypical overweight guy who thinks he is hot, likes to drink excessively (he does everything excessively), and is all about himself. The mom, Lois, is a good mom but is self centered. She is a typical bored housewife who is trying to run her family and find herself. She tolerates, accepts and loves her crazy husband. Meg is a shy nerdy kid who is trying to fit in and get a date. She is not pretty and knows it so settles for what she can get. Chris is the eldest son. He is not very smart but has odd talents. He has a good heart. Stewie is the baby and evil genesis. He is actually a scary little boy. The family dog, Brian talks, who wouldn't like a talking dog. Family guy talks about the issues and sometimes has a message. It is not always the right message but if you listen it is there. The writer of family guy is highly creative in a crude way which makes the show funny. He explores real issues and explains them in a funny entertaining way.
    South Park is a show about children who are just rude, overbearing and trouble makers. While the show has some humor, it always has gross content. The writers make fun of real people they dislike and this is obvious. Issues are discussed but give warped messages. People who like South Park like gross, disturbing and weird issues and characters.

• Family Guy has overtaken South Park

I used to be massively in favour of South Park over Family Guy. But in the last 5 or so years my opinion has steadily changed. I think year on year family guy has been getting funnier and better written, whereas South Park have been trying too hard for bigger and better story arcs which don't work.
    Ultimately I still watch both, but I get bigger laughs now from watching a recent Family Guy episode to watching a recent South Park episode.

• Doesn't take itself too seriously and points out the absurdity of all.

Although South Park is quite a good show, well it was at least before 2006ish or so, when it itself didn't take itself seriously. There are underlining messages about family and friendship that you find within all the ridiculousness. It's not nearly as shallow of a show that most people think it is.

• Family Guy is way ahead of South Park

I've never even been able to sit through an entire episode of the poor excuse of a "funny" show South Park. Tried a few different times and I can't even stand it for more that 5 minutes before I have to shut it off. Been watching Family Guy for years and that's all I will be watching. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't like it tough shit!

• Family guy is better.

To be honest i've never been able to finish any of the south park episodes cause i just turn it off cause i get to bored. I can never turn off family guy its the best show there is right now and has always been i love the creater Seth macfarlane.

• Family guy is better.

• Overall, South Park is better.

The first 5 maybe 6 seasons of South Park were original, creative, clever and very down-to-Earth. Family Guy started as basically a more obscene version of The Simpsons, even though it was good and it was clever in its own way. Some of the jokes in Family Guy wer poor in taste (domestic violence jokes, holocaust jokes, pedophile jokes) while South Park jokes were both better in taste and funnier. All of the recent seasons of both series completely suck, but South Park was better to start with and took longer to decline. Family Guy is too poor in taste along with not funny and has no plot now, South Park is now too political and is just random instead of funny and original.

• South Park stays far more relevant to current times while family guy is random.

I not going to say I've never laughed at an episode of family guy I'm just saying if you held a gun to my head and asked me which one I want to watch it would be south Park. To me south Park stays more current and in touch while family guy uses random humor that is sometimes funny while other times not.

• South Park is better

The word "depth" and "Family Guy" doesn't belong in the same sentence. Anybody who thinks Family Guy has multi-layered humor is probably high on med at their local asylum. People laugh at Family Guy because of the cheap jokes and random stupidity of it. It has no well meaning message or social commentary that people can sympathize with. It's just foolish for the sake of being foolish. South Park has a longer run than Family Guy and it ages well through the past couple season. Family Guy got repetitive and fell flat very quick, it's like watching the same shtick over and over again. At least South Park has real social and political commentaries while Family Guy has 80s pop culture that nobody remembers and little to no plot development.

• South Park is Better and More Mature

South Park is better because it is more on point with its humor. Though Family Guy does have a "few" good jokes and one-liners, South Park could take that joke and make it even funnier. Some people may think that South Park is about rude and vulgar children, but this is not the case. It's about a crazy town with a bunch of different things going on (realistic things). It is mainly centered on the children, though. Yes, they do use "profane" words, but that is actually an accurate description of older children/young teens these days. Also, Family Guys views and humor are one-sided and are based on Seth MacFarlene's views, whereas South Park has multiple views on different topics. South Park is also more realistic than Family Guy, since it actually has current events. Family Guy's storylines are always usually all fictional. And for all the dickheads saying,"People who watch and like South Park are gross and idiotic human beings.", go f**k yourself. I think I have clearly stated my argument.

• South park is better

South park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is bettersouth park is better

• South park is better

• South park is better

• South Park is Better.

South Park is unique in its ability to bring perspective to current events, since each show is made within a week of its air date. In doing this, the content of South Park actually carries some weight, as it actually can influence social perspective on its issues. It is also more layered than Family Guy, and satirizes everyone, including themselves on occasion. It's ability to be more unbiased than most shows while still providing political commentary really sets it apart.

• South park is better

South park is a lot funnier and better written, has better plots and more elaborate stories and characters. Characters of South park are more in depth and the jokes and plots are very funny and controversial. South Park also has "lessons" for lack of a better word and messages that are satirical of real issues but with serious topics. Family guy is funny and I watch both but it relies on cut aways instead of plots. Also family guy is usually all fiction not based on real issues.

• South Park has no limits

South park makes fun of both political parties, family guy just promotes liberals (like we have enough of that) but talks shit about conservatives, And I am not no conservative but that is kinda fucked up! Family guy goes for a point of view of the creator Seth Macfarlane, So the viewers have to laugh on behalf of the creator's point of view but not of theirs, so the people get brainwashed to think like the creator. Matt and Trey do go 1000% farther into trying to offend people but fact is when South Park made a joke about Muhammad Family creator Seth Macfarlane was pissed about south park! And he almost got killed in 9/11 so he should be happy about it.
    Family guy has some good flashbacks and stuff but i think that the characters are better and even the outside characters are better, The chicken fight is funny for a while but when it is half the show then it gets annoying as hell, south park has had a lot more things that when you get annoyed they move on to something else. The shows themselves are good but thinking about the creators I think South Park is better.