Which is better: Family Guy (yes) or South Park (no)?

• Family Guy is way funnier than South Park

I think there might be an IQ gap between these two fan bases. That would explain why 83% have thus far voted in favor of South Park. I think a lot of people don't really get Family Guy's humor; maybe on a superficial level, but there are multiple layers to it. South Park is infantile in comparison; there is no subtlety. For me, It barely manages to evoke the slightest chuckle. The writing is insipid and its target audience is probably around the same age as its characters. Family Guy delivers more humor in one-liners than South Park does in entire episodes.

• Real Plot Line

South Park has good jokes and plots that make sense. Family Guy is just stupid and throws in jokes for the heck of it. Sometimes the jokes thrown in do not even make sense. South Park sticks to a single plot and always delivers. Family Guy is not funny, AT ALL!

• A realistic view on society.

Family Guy gives a realistic view into the lives of an American family home. Meanwhile, South Park focuses on ignorant children who not only enjoy using profanity, but are also disrespectful to their elders. It teaches our children that this kind of behavior is okay. I believe Family Guy is more child appropriate and teaches better values, making it a better television show.

• Yes Family Guy is better than South Park.

Family guy is better than South Park because of Family Guy's characters, the writers and content. Family guy is about the Griffin family. The dad, Peter is just crazy. He is not the smartest guy but he is a stereotypical overweight guy who thinks he is hot, likes to drink excessively (he does everything excessively), and is all about himself. The mom, Lois, is a good mom but is self centered. She is a typical bored housewife who is trying to run her family and find herself. She tolerates, accepts and loves her crazy husband. Meg is a shy nerdy kid who is trying to fit in and get a date. She is not pretty and knows it so settles for what she can get. Chris is the eldest son. He is not very smart but has odd talents. He has a good heart. Stewie is the baby and evil genesis. He is actually a scary little boy. The family dog, Brian talks, who wouldn't like a talking dog. Family guy talks about the issues and sometimes has a message. It is not always the right message but if you listen it is there. The writer of family guy is highly creative in a crude way which makes the show funny. He explores real issues and explains them in a funny entertaining way.
    South Park is a show about children who are just rude, overbearing and trouble makers. While the show has some humor, it always has gross content. The writers make fun of real people they dislike and this is obvious. Issues are discussed but give warped messages. People who like South Park like gross, disturbing and weird issues and characters.

• Family Guy is better.

I personally think that Family Guy is better than South Park. This comes from someone who has only seen bits and pieces of each show and is not a regular viewer of either. From what I have seen, Family Guy is a lot funnier and more entertaining than South Park.

• Are you kidding me

Everyone saying South Park fans don't understand family guys humour is being stupid....... I like family guy as well but South Park is a lot better than family guy could ever be. South Park has an actual message and actual jokes about the plot not just random pointless stuff. South Park is the winner

• Family Guy is funnier

Family Guy's every episode is a self contained (generally), the humor requires one to think in extremes and is very intelligent. I know lots of people who don't seem to 'Get' it and although I would not say they are dumb but they are not as imaginative as I am. In short the humor is Fluid and genius in some parts but mostly good.

• Family Guy has overtaken South Park

I used to be massively in favour of South Park over Family Guy. But in the last 5 or so years my opinion has steadily changed. I think year on year family guy has been getting funnier and better written, whereas South Park have been trying too hard for bigger and better story arcs which don't work.
    Ultimately I still watch both, but I get bigger laughs now from watching a recent Family Guy episode to watching a recent South Park episode.

• Doesn't take itself too seriously and points out the absurdity of all.

Although South Park is quite a good show, well it was at least before 2006ish or so, when it itself didn't take itself seriously. There are underlining messages about family and friendship that you find within all the ridiculousness. It's not nearly as shallow of a show that most people think it is.

• Family Guy is way ahead of South Park

I've never even been able to sit through an entire episode of the poor excuse of a "funny" show South Park. Tried a few different times and I can't even stand it for more that 5 minutes before I have to shut it off. Been watching Family Guy for years and that's all I will be watching. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't like it tough shit!

• Are you kidding me

• People Just Don't Get South Park

People think South Park is just kids swearing? That is the reason people watch Family Guy. They don't understand any morals or lesson, so they watch stupid joke after joke shows. South Park teaches important lessons and morals that people normally don't talk about. They mention modern day activity in a funny way. Family Guy fans don't understand South Park's mature humor.

• South Park has infinitely better writing

The first few seasons of Family Guy were fantastic, as were the first few seasons of South Park. Then Family Guy began to dip in the quality of its jokes and writing while South Park did not. It has gotten to the point where Family Guy seems to think that it needs to clearly and loudly explain their typically obvious and cliched jokes to the audience, or that having characters scream at each other is automatically funny. They expect their audience to laugh on cue rather than respond to actual comedy.