Which is better patriarchy (yes) or matriarchy (no)? (I am pro-patriarchy, but I want to hear from both on why)

Asked by: Adam2
  • In the long run.

While I support gender equality in its most extreme interpretation and implementations, I would agree that in the long run, patriarchy is better. Women, who are the vessels of life are capable of basically being incapacitated during gestation. This is why in nature, we observe female animals choosing the strongest mates to defend themselves. Men have and always will toil endlessly to provide for females by providing food and shelter. While women are perfectly capable of doing this, the physical demands of life without modern conveniences would prove to be too much for females in a stationary society. The differences would be much more balanced in a nomadic and/or semi nomadic society.

• In all Point of Views( at least, almost, don't know exactly)

From Christian Faiths to Psychological parameters, it is quite natural and good when men lead... I do accept that doesn't mean that men can molest or harass women (common sense). Education if girl child and female infanticide are morally wrong... But it doesn't require a change of the system of family values or this filthy 3rd wave feminism ( check for topics about feminism in this website)... And the pressure on "girl", " female" makes male infanticide not serious at all... We are fed up of these silly requests and all our advertisements saturated with this... This topic is a very serious one...

• Yes yes yes!

Its common sense. It proceeds naturally from a christian culture and belief system (of which I am convinced is the truth). It fits with the nature of things. It fits with the order that God has placed in His creation. As if that isn't enough and like everything else which is part of God's plan, it just works the best for the good of all (families, individuals, society...). If it doesn't fit in someone's worldview then I would question their worldview and its underpinnings. If it does fit and they can cite examples of problems with it, that doesn't mean that patriarchy is wrong, in the same way that just because cars pose problems for people in some ways (e.G. Accidents, costs....) doesn't mean that cars per se are fundamentally wrong.