• It depends on how you see it

Both long and short hair are nice. Even being bald isn't really a bad thing either. I think long hair can be worn by anyone and any age. Ponytails, braids, dreadlocks, buzz cuts, bobs and perms are all good hairstyles. I think natural or styled hair is better than chemical treatments such as coloring or bleaching. Hair is hair regardless. The best long hair is healthy hair. To me hair is just dead protein. Eighties hair is excellent for colder climates since it is curly, fluffy and similar to wool. Just kidding!

• Long hair, because cutting hair takes less time than growing it.

And you can decide if you want to keep your long hair or cut it short.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four, twenty five, twenty six... Thirty three

• Depends - Are You Looking For Comfort or Attractiveness?

Depends. Better in terms of what? Attractiveness or comfort?

Attractiveness:
    In general women look better with long hair and men look better with short hair. So for women long hair is better and men short hair is better.

Comfort:

Generally short hair is more comfortable than long hair. So in terms of comfort short hair is better.

• Depends on what you like

If you like easily manageable hair, then short hair would be best. On the other hand, there are generally more hairstyle choices for long hair. So you can't really prove that one is better than the other in general. I personally love short hair for it's simplicity, but only on people other than me.

It really just boils down to your personal opinion and preferences.