• Rape is by far worse

I believe rape is by far worse than murder. I don't think surviving rape is a a reason that it's not worse because majority of rape victims end up committing suicide. The ones that don't commit suicide, struggle with that memory imprinted in their minds. If I had to pick between being raped or murdered, I'd say murdered because at least I wouldn't be scarred for the rest of my life having that emotional and mental pain scarring me until i die driving me to being socially paranoid and developing suicidal tendencies. Many don't "live to see another day". Rape dehumanizes you and when you end up dehumanized, it's hard and feels nearly impossible to regain that sense of humanity; to no longer feel humiliated, disgusting and foul. In prisons, if a prisoner finds out you're a rapist, you will get your face smashed into the ground and possibly beaten or killed until death. There are many many accounts of murderers and inmates killing rapists and molesters in prisons. This is just my opinion and I don't really expect everybody to agree.

Http://www.Tcpalm.Com/news/2010/jan/29/martin-inmate-cellmate-needed-be-killed-videos/ (just one example of a murderer killing rapist)

• I believe rape is worse because as a survivor myself, I wish the man that did it would've killed me, the pain would be gone.

It was forced acquaintance rape and I have so much trouble trusting anybody anymore. I haven't slept in two months and if I do I wake up screaming. I have such bad flashbacks that I freeze and end up crying and I am terrified everyday that I go to school that I will run into him. I wish he would have killed me. I wouldn't have to live with the pain and suffering that I do now. He stole part of me that day, but what I wish he had stolen was my life.

• I agree with dathc

It's much more painfully if you have to live your life in a swamp of mental trauma than being killed instantly.Because that was rape almost always subsequently cause to the victim.In many incidents victim are five-times more likely to self-mutilated and suicide due to this abuse. Also i can say also that rape can cause death to victim sometimes but it's depend on how much force the man inserted his penis inside female vagina. If penetration is forcefully penetrated,or an unnatural object is inserted then it's more likely to cause bleeding and laceration around area of female genital. So in my opinion rape is one of the worse form of abuse . Survivors has to undergone all this through their life and many of them cannot settled with living an normal and happy live.When you're murdered at least it's over and you're dead so you don't have to repeatedly flashback all the bad memories event that traumatized you until yet. So what dathc said,he is right.Rapist should be executed in the most brutal way.I suggest them to be killed in electrocuted because that's most painful death ever.

• Rapist deserve the cruelest punishment than any criminal

Rape is one of the most extreme form of violence which traumatized the victim lifelong.It's not only damage physically but also mentally and spiritually. Many patient have post-trauma syndrome which is not always easily to get recovered.Some trauma syndrome are so severe that last lifelong and can never get cured. When you are murdered at least you don't have to undergone this kind of harm. So rape is worse than murder if you are talking about duration and the severity of abuse. I recommend rapist not only be killed but also be castrated and brutally tortured so that they die painfully. A murder may not necessary endured this but maybe i would punish them only by lethal injection or life in prison.

• Death is nothingness

Death happens to everyone eventually and you end up just not feeling anything. Yet we can mostly live in happiness and peace even knowing that we will one day die, and we might even die young. But could you or anyone else live happily knowing that you were going to be gang raped brutally and traumatically at any moment? Death is "nothingness"-- an absence of experience. But after you have been raped, many women are sentenced to a lifetime of pain, traumatic memories, shame and horror. I used to suffer from severe depression, which was agony. I take medication now that enables me to feel "nothing", bland, emotionless-- and that is about 100 times better than the constant agony. Why didn't I kill myself? Because to kill yourself requires overcoming an insurmountable fear of death and an incredibly strong will to live, also being heartless because you'd be hurting your loved ones. That's why even among those whose lives aren't worth living, very few will actually kill themselves. But before I was on medication, my life was worse than not worth living. Death would have been far preferable, but I stayed here because I owed it to the people who I was helping through my job, and to my loved ones. But for me, I wasn't doing myself any favors by staying.

• Some types of rape are worse than others

I'm survivor myself ( forced acquaintance rape when I was a child not date rape) and I can tell you I'd rather be raped than killed....Except in these cases:
    Repeatively in captivity
    Any where I was beaten so badly I had noticeable brain damage
    Any where I was severely disfigured in the face
    Any rape where I was impegnated and forced to give birth to it...I could get over the rape but never ever that... I think I'd rather get AIDS than have that happen.

• Murder is worse

Being murdered is the equivalent of having everything in your life stolen from you, not just every possession, but every single moment that you would've experienced is gone. You'll never have the opportunity to do anything ever again, because your dead, you'll never get to hug your kids or your spouse or make new freinds or mourn old ones, because your dead. Rape is by far one of the worst things you can do to a person, but I think murderis worse.

• Rape is worse

I would much rather die than be raped and lose all of my dignity and be scarred for life. I'm terrified of being raped and whenever I hear about it or see it in a film I feel physically sick. It's the worst thing I can think of seriously :/

• While most people have motives for murder, rape is something that should never happen in the first place.

While it is bad to take away somebody's life (for reasons other than self-defense, defense of others, or to prevent someone from raping/murdering again), it is much worse to violate someone against their will. Plus, I'd also like to point out that no one ever rapes in self defense.

I know murderers often murder for greed, jealousy, and revenge (some of which I believe is justified), but let's say a murderer, even a cold-blooded murderer, was targeting someone who raped someone close to him/her. The government may label that person as a murderer, but to me, that just means there's few rapists to worry about. Most people say that murder is worse because it's an end, but I believe that being violated and stuck with horrifying memories for the rest of your life is suffering and a fate worse than death. Plus, some rape victims sadly even commit suicide.

Rape, on the other hand, has no justification whatsoever. No one deserves to be raped..Ever. Just because there are recovery opportunities doesn't make rape any better than murder. The victim may inevitably have to suffer not just from rape, but from statements that perpetuate a victim blaming culture. Plus, women can get shamed for getting abortions. Some people can say "It's not the baby's fault!", but NO WOMAN should have to suffer MONTHS OF DISCOMFORT for a baby that she doesn't even want.

To wish death on someone is one thing, but I would never wish rape on anyone.

• You can survive rape.

Murder is worse, because you lose your life. If you are raped, you can recover from it, and if you happen to get pregnant from rape, you can give birth to the child, and if you want a kid, keep it. But if you don't want it, you can give some other family that might not be able to have children a child of their own. In no way do I support either one of these, but I think rape would be preferred over being killed.

• You can't heal a dead person

Both are bad. Duh, we all know that. The thing that separates Murder from Rape is the permanence. A person that has been raped will NEVER be the same, but that person still has the capability to heal and "make a comeback". A person who has been murdered has lost the only thing that really can't be healed or "make a comeback" (INSERT JESUS JOKE HERE).

• You wouldn't have to suffer through trauma.

Seriously, if you get killed, then it won't hurt as much as being raped, possibly having STD's, possibly being pregnant, being traumatized, and no longer wanting to be near people. I would rather be killed quickly instead of raped so badly that I would want to kill myself, because really. WHo would want to live, being raped?

• Muder is the worst

A human life is surely more valuable than a women's pride. Im not stating that rape is not a serious crime but a person loosing his/her LIFE is more serious than rape. No doubt.
    A raped women can still live with her situation, but the murdered is not even alive! A raped women can continue with her life and she still has a chance to be as happy as before because u can deal with ur dippression by going to a counsellor and many other ways to deal with it. She can definitely find a way to overcome the sorrow. But a mudered person has lost his/her life!
    Murder is definitely the worst crime.

• Of course death is worse.

I am a criminology student, and I am currently writing about rape myths for my dissertation - the idea that 'rape is worse than death' is one of them. It is a myth, because many victims of rape choose to move on with their life and heal after the situation. By saying that rape is worse is effectively saying that a rape victim cannot move on, and that it will haunt them forever. That is not fair. We should be encouraging rape victims and supporting them - they can and WILL move on. And most do! It does not control the victim's life - don't let the rapist win.

• Rape is bad but murder is worse

Rape is a horrible thing. It violates someone's rights, it forces them to have sex (a very intimate act), and often emotionally scars people. But despite all of this, it doesn't kill you. It might hurt you, but you can live to see another day; you can overcome it and continue to live your life afterwards, no matter how horrible it was. Murder, however, takes away your life entirely. It violates someone's rights, it forces them to lose their life, it permanently scars those that love him/her, but you can't overcome it in the end. You have no chance of seeing light again and managing to live another day. When you're murdered, you're done. That's the end of you. You have no chance of overcoming the tragedy, and you have no chance of being able to move on. That's the end.

• All things being equal

I see a lot of arguments pointing to justifiable murder but I don't think that is the spirit of the question. So if you evened the playing field and said you had to pick one, your daughter be raped or murdered (obviously nobody wants either of these things), which would you choose? If it were gang rape at some number of rapists you would probably choose murder but if its just one, you probably pick rape. I certainly would. She could conceivably bounce back from rape. You can't bounce back from murder.

• Murder leaves no hope of recovery

In fact, I am willing to go further in saying that, outside of outright blaming the victims, telling victims of legitimate rapes that rape is worse than murder is about the worst thing the society can do to them. By using suicide and permanent mental scars as justification to such a sentiment as rape being worse than murder, we are telling them that ending their own lives and not overcoming mental scars is to be their default position! Does anyone seriously think that this line of thinking is going to help rape victims? Yes, rape is horrible, and so is suicide, but suicide is the lowest common denominator. However hard recovery can be, the society should encourage and help rape victims to recover, not to relegate rape victims to the lowest denominator!

• We naturally oppose suicidal thoughts of rape victims because life is always worth living despite the tragedy that happened to them.

First, dead people aren't here to debate the issue. That's one reason for which death is worse. You cannot take back your life. You cannot recover from death. You cannot heal from death. You cannot counsel others on death and help them overcoming this event. Death is the end of everything.

On the other hand, rape survivors can possibly recover from such traumatic experience. They can write books, do interviews and deliver public speeches and positively affect the lives of other rape victims. They can make a difference for themselves and others and still be a part of the world.

Finally, if we try to talk rape victims out of suicide, it is because their lives are worth living. In fact, if rape was such a horrific experience, we would support survivors' decision to end their lives. But we never do. We always try to assist rape survivors to overcome this event because life is worth living despite the violence and the torture rape victims endured.

• Rape is not your definition.

As a victim of rape, I find it a terrifying prospect that another victim should read the opposing arguments and believe them to be true. The arguments seem to state in consensus that a victim of rape will always be defined by the incident. I refuse to allow anyone to believe that this is the case. The difference between rape and murder is that rape will harm you, but it will not end you. Comparing rape to death is the surest way to voice your disbelief in the inability of the victims to surpass pain and torture. Your disbelief in them is poorly placed. Humans can surpass anything. They won't be unchanged by it, but neither will they be defined it. I wasn't.

Adam2 says2014-04-17T19:38:51.720
Neither are good
ladiesman says2014-04-18T00:17:08.537
Both are equally reprehensible.
Thegreatdebate98 says2016-06-17T18:37:29.340
Taking away someone's life, that can never be returned is far worse than any crime. Rape is horrific and extremely traumatic for the victim, but rape victims typically have the tools to cope, whether that be provided services, or family/friends. However, murder does not only take away someone's livelihood, but it heavily effects the victim's loved ones.
Thegreatdebate98 says2016-06-17T18:37:37.607