• Rape is by far worse

I believe rape is by far worse than murder. I don't think surviving rape is a a reason that it's not worse because majority of rape victims end up committing suicide. The ones that don't commit suicide, struggle with that memory imprinted in their minds. If I had to pick between being raped or murdered, I'd say murdered because at least I wouldn't be scarred for the rest of my life having that emotional and mental pain scarring me until i die driving me to being socially paranoid and developing suicidal tendencies. Many don't "live to see another day". Rape dehumanizes you and when you end up dehumanized, it's hard and feels nearly impossible to regain that sense of humanity; to no longer feel humiliated, disgusting and foul. In prisons, if a prisoner finds out you're a rapist, you will get your face smashed into the ground and possibly beaten or killed until death. There are many many accounts of murderers and inmates killing rapists and molesters in prisons. This is just my opinion and I don't really expect everybody to agree.

Http://www.Tcpalm.Com/news/2010/jan/29/martin-inmate-cellmate-needed-be-killed-videos/ (just one example of a murderer killing rapist)

• You wouldn't have to suffer through trauma.

Seriously, if you get killed, then it won't hurt as much as being raped, possibly having STD's, possibly being pregnant, being traumatized, and no longer wanting to be near people. I would rather be killed quickly instead of raped so badly that I would want to kill myself, because really. WHo would want to live, being raped?

• Can cause life-long trauma and damage

Although rape itself cannot take your life, it can for sure destroy it. Many rape victims develop PTSD, a mental illness that can be quite difficult to treat. Without any way to get treatment, a victim's life will be ruined by their mental illness. Those with PTSD often resort to self-harm or even suicide, unable to cope with their trauma. Rape can also have devastating physical health consequences, like STD'.S A rapist could pass HIV to their victim, leading to their possible death. Sexual abuse of children can cause damage to their bodies which can be severe and life-threatening. And don't forget unwanted pregnancies. Abortion is not an option everywhere, and even when a survivor is able to get an abortion, the concept itself of being pregnant of your rapist is horrifying. If the victim is forced to have the child, that child will most likely eventually find out how he or she was conceived, which can make them hate themselves. Imagine knowing that you were conceived from a cruel, life-ruining act. Sure, the kid can be given up for adoption if the survivor doesn't want to raise them. But how can we guarantee that the child will find a safe, loving home? There are millions of orphans in the world who haven't found one. Rape survivors also can be shamed by their communities; in certain countries, they even receive punishments! I remember a few years ago, I saw a news article about a 15-year-old girl who was whipped over a hundred times for being raped. Imagine the psychological stress she suffered. Rape is inhumane!

• Rapist deserve the cruelest punishment

Many patient have post-trauma syndrome which is not always easily to get recovered . I recommend rapist not only be killed but also be castrated and brutally tortured so that they die painfully. An unhappy, suffering rape victim can always end their suffering by killing themselves. So its always rape is worst

• The idea that being raped/molested/sexually assaulted is less desirable than being murdered is not exclusively a female opinion

As mentioned in one of the other yes answers, some male rape victims have unfortunately been forced to pay child support if their female rapists got pregnant in addition to the fact that female on male rape doesn't seem to be taken as seriously as male on female rape. Seriously, double standards between genders have to go to hell.

Now back to the question in general. To the people saying that murder is worse because when you're raped, you can choose to kill yourself, whereas when you're murdered, you were killed against your will and can't choose to come back to life, consider this: do you really think that a crime horrifying enough to make some victims want to commit suicide is really worse than murder itself?

I believe that this question has two meanings.
    1. Would you rather be raped than murdered?
    2. Which do you think is a worse crime for someone to commit, rape or murder?

Another thing: do you ever wonder why plenty of people think rapists should be killed and not the other way around? (Hence the concept of vigilante justice, and also having a death penalty and not a rape penalty)

Like another person on the yes side said, there are cases in which murder can be justified, but never for sexual assaults.

Whether you people think rape or murder is worse, just remember people have a right to their own opinions.

And also, while it is true that being murdered puts an end to your life and everything you could be, death also ends feeling (all feeling, happiness, sadness, suffering, etc.), and the fact remains that people can be sexually assaulted more than once, but you can only die once. It is for that reason that I think of rape (among other sexual assaults) to be worse than murder. There are cases in which I find murder to be as bad as rape, but to me, rape is worse on average.

• Rape < murder

While i am not condoning murder, there can be justification for it. Self-defense, for example. But there will never be any justification for rape. You can't find a reason why rape is a necessary act. You don't rape someone to escape an abusive situation. You don't rape someone to protect yourself. Rape is an act performed purely for pleasure and power, which is why it is worse than murder.

• Rape < murder

• I believe rape is worse because as a survivor myself, I wish the man that did it would've killed me, the pain would be gone.

It was forced acquaintance rape and I have so much trouble trusting anybody anymore. I haven't slept in two months and if I do I wake up screaming. I have such bad flashbacks that I freeze and end up crying and I am terrified everyday that I go to school that I will run into him. I wish he would have killed me. I wouldn't have to live with the pain and suffering that I do now. He stole part of me that day, but what I wish he had stolen was my life.

• Rape is worse especially if you're a young male

The most well-known case was of a Kansas boy who, at age 13, impregnated his 17-year-old baby-sitter. Under Kansas law, a child under the age of 15 is legally unable to consent to sex. The Kansas Supreme Court in 1993 ruled that he was liable for child support. California issued a similar state court ruling a few years later in the case of a 15-year-old boy who had sex with a 34-year-old neighbor. In that case, the woman had been convicted of statutory rape. In both cases, it was the state social-services agency that pursued the case after the mother sought public assistance.

• You can survive rape.

Murder is worse, because you lose your life. If you are raped, you can recover from it, and if you happen to get pregnant from rape, you can give birth to the child, and if you want a kid, keep it. But if you don't want it, you can give some other family that might not be able to have children a child of their own. In no way do I support either one of these, but I think rape would be preferred over being killed.

• You can't heal a dead person

Both are bad. Duh, we all know that. The thing that separates Murder from Rape is the permanence. A person that has been raped will NEVER be the same, but that person still has the capability to heal and "make a comeback". A person who has been murdered has lost the only thing that really can't be healed or "make a comeback" (INSERT JESUS JOKE HERE).

• Rape is bad but murder is worse

Rape is a horrible thing. It violates someone's rights, it forces them to have sex (a very intimate act), and often emotionally scars people. But despite all of this, it doesn't kill you. It might hurt you, but you can live to see another day; you can overcome it and continue to live your life afterwards, no matter how horrible it was. Murder, however, takes away your life entirely. It violates someone's rights, it forces them to lose their life, it permanently scars those that love him/her, but you can't overcome it in the end. You have no chance of seeing light again and managing to live another day. When you're murdered, you're done. That's the end of you. You have no chance of overcoming the tragedy, and you have no chance of being able to move on. That's the end.

• Rape can vary in its effects

Unlike murder, if you are raped you have the opportunity to receive therapy and potentially get over the incident completely! As a whole murder creates immanent death, but also large amounts of grief. Whereas rape is more personal affecting the victim more greatly than others. The outcome of murder can not change in any situation!

• Murder is permanent

While the pain and suffering rape victims are condemned to is terrible, they have the option to take their own life. If you would rather be murdered than raped, then you still have the option of ending it all. Murder is worse because that choice is ripped away; if you would rather be a homicide victim then a rape victim, you can still change your mind or get help and live a happy life. No murder victim ever will.

• Life is sacred

Suicide is the option people contemplate when their lives are miserable but its not in any case the right thing to do. Killing yourself doesn't get rid of the rape from your mind it erases your entire being from existence. Its not just the bad feelings that are removed but the good feelings too, everything that the future could hold is taken when you die. The stigma behind rape makes it seem like your life can't hold happiness anymore. I have had depression and I sometimes though life would always be a state of misery but i recovered. Rape victims can recover like anybody else with a extremely bad experiences. Treating rape as the worst thing ever only harms the victims because then they are discouraged of even hoping that the pain will end. The pain no matter how long or how severe is a temporary state. Death is a permanent state and you can't even regret it because you can't even think. Other peoples memories of you will be the only proof you ever existed. Life is the most valuable thing on this planet. Death is treated too lightly everybody needs to realise that taking a life isn't a matter you should so willingly justify regardless of the intentions. Even when its justified it technically is not called murder but instead killing. Murder is the unjustified killing of somebody and is the worst crime a person can commit

• You have a 0% chance of survival if you are murdered.

If I get raped I can go murder the person who raped me to prevent anyone else from being raped by that person.

If I get murdered my choices are ALL taken away, and I no longer have the option whether to suffer the consequences of being raped or whether to take the easy way out.

We need as many victims alive as we can so they can testify so that the guilty can be punished so that no one else have to suffer as they did.

• Muder is the worst

A human life is surely more valuable than a women's pride. Im not stating that rape is not a serious crime but a person loosing his/her LIFE is more serious than rape. No doubt.
    A raped women can still live with her situation, but the murdered is not even alive! A raped women can continue with her life and she still has a chance to be as happy as before because u can deal with ur dippression by going to a counsellor and many other ways to deal with it. She can definitely find a way to overcome the sorrow. But a mudered person has lost his/her life!
    Murder is definitely the worst crime.

• Of course death is worse.

I am a criminology student, and I am currently writing about rape myths for my dissertation - the idea that 'rape is worse than death' is one of them. It is a myth, because many victims of rape choose to move on with their life and heal after the situation. By saying that rape is worse is effectively saying that a rape victim cannot move on, and that it will haunt them forever. That is not fair. We should be encouraging rape victims and supporting them - they can and WILL move on. And most do! It does not control the victim's life - don't let the rapist win.

Adam2 says2014-04-17T19:38:51.720
Neither are good
ladiesman says2014-04-18T00:17:08.537
Both are equally reprehensible.
Thegreatdebate98 says2016-06-17T18:37:29.340
Taking away someone's life, that can never be returned is far worse than any crime. Rape is horrific and extremely traumatic for the victim, but rape victims typically have the tools to cope, whether that be provided services, or family/friends. However, murder does not only take away someone's livelihood, but it heavily effects the victim's loved ones.
Thegreatdebate98 says2016-06-17T18:37:37.607