Which one has more rights? Animals (yes) or Fetus (no)

Asked by: Bruinshockeyfan
  • Animals cause theyre alive

Animals are living, breathing, organisms that show the 6 signs of life. Fetuses dont match up to that. They cant even survive outside of the womb so giving them more rights than animals would be pretty irrational. The fetus is also part of the mother, therefore she has control over it, including the choice to abort it. Animals on the other hand are fully dependent and are able to survive in the outside world.

• Animals are human fetus's two.

When you kill a fetus you'r killing an animal because god created all things equal. Fetus or nah. Aparently i needed to post twenty five more words for my comment to be valid, thats discrimination based on the length of my response. Twenty five!

By the way I'm in elementary school

• Fetus is not

A person. It is a human, sure, but not a person (until 24 weeks). It does not have a functioning cerebral cortex, and thus has no higher brain functions, which are required for personhood. A human does not get rights, a person does. Now, animal rights are also important, since they are alive and out of their mother's womb, so an animal has more rights.

Posted by: SNP1
  • Animals have more rights than fetus.

Some animals are endangered, and they are living breathing things. They are going to suffer if they die one way or the other, while fetus are barely conscious. They don't need more time to end what they have started, because they haven't started anything yet. An animal is like a human. A fully grown animal is like a fully grown human. A fully grown human has more rights than a fetus, yes?

• Humans are animals

Humans are animals, special animals--but animals nonetheless. Human fetuses have more potential than other animal embryos, but not the realization of other animal adults. Thus compared to other animal embryos human fetuses are generally of greater value. However, comparing a fetus human and an adult animal depends on the fetus, the age of the fetus, and the animal. A world-class hunting dog or a trained Elephant might be more special than the fetus will ever be. Also a fetus does not have consciousness yet, so until it can die (and not attached to the mother) it cannot be more special than an animal. So which one has more rights--the animal until the fetus develops consciousness.

• Animals are sentient beings.

Animals ought to have rights because they have interest and are capable of suffering. I'm not saying animals should have the same rights as humans, but I am saying that animals are deserving of basic rights, such as the right to not have pain inflicted upon them, the right to move around freely, the right to have their basic needs satisfied ect. A fetus, on the other hand, has no interest. Nothing we do to it matters to it. The whole purpose of rights to to protect the interest of others. So if a being has no interest at all, it does not have rights.

• Animals have more rights than most people

Currently, in some ways animals have more rights than any person. When my cat was sick with kidney failure, we could decide that she was suffering and put her down. Only in a few states can a human decide to end their own suffering.

If the question is which SHOULD have more rights, then I would have to again decide that a born animal should have more rights than a fetus. A fetus cannot survive without the direct use of another's body. This is not a sustainable right. No one has the right to use another's body against their will for any reason. A born animal, in contrast, needs no direct body to survive, other than perhaps a carnivorous animal. I suppose you could argue that a carnivorous animal requiring flesh to survive has equal rights to that flesh as a fetus does. But I think this is more thought than the writer of the question had.

• A fetus is still a human.

I am not saying that I am not a firm believer in animal rights, quite the contrary. I am stating that all living things have a right to live, to have a chance to truly come into existence and stay for a while if it is within the natural order of things. I understand the reasons for abortion, but I also have a full understanding of the consequences. However, this is not a debate over the morally soundness of abortion, but over whether a human fetus or an animal should have more rights. I believe that all living creatures have equal rights to life, and in that life, the right to have a good life. I believe that abuse and any type of animal mistreatment is wrong, but I also believe that in a general sense, humans have more rights than animals. Humans make laws and enforce them, vote, travel, argue on opinions, and own things, and in a general sense, animals do not. Therefore, as a fetus is a human, I believe that fetus's have more rights naturally than animals do.

• No Fetuses have more rights

A fetus is a person, an animal is not, its that simple. There's a reason, John Locke in his book Two Treatises on government, and Jean Jacques Reausseau in his book, "The Social Contract" stated certain endowed rights to humans, but no such rights to animals. Fetuses are considered human, because they possess the 4 qualifications of life.

• No Fetuses have more rights

• No fetuses have more rights

You can take a baby to the doctor in the middle of the night but you cant an animal. If you can its very hard to find. People would rather kill a puppy than a baby. This is simply just a stupid argument. So no, I think babys have more rights than animals. We also kill animals just to eat them. Do you do that with your child?

TheINFJNala says2014-11-17T15:50:31.247
They should both have equal rights. Some animals have the brain of a baby, and they must be protected like a baby would. A fetus is sill a baby. I am against abortion of any fertilized egg (unless if it was because the fetus had a mental condition so bad that it would be better to put it out of its misery).
Thegreatdebate98 says2014-11-17T17:41:29.147
Can there be a BOTH button? Currently, animals have more rights. HOWEVER, they should both have equal rights. Humans are animals, we're all living in this world together. No species is better than another, therefore all should have equal rights. Unborn babies are undeveloped humans, a person is a person no matter how small. Ok? Ok.