Who do you think would be better at running a country: German Prime Minister Angela Merkel (yes) or former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (no)?

• Merkel has proven good leadership. Hillary is a terrible politician.

Angela Merkel guided Germany through the 2008-09 financial crisis, kept Greece's unsustainable economy from destroying the Euro, and has done an excellent job preserving Germany's status as a world leader. Merkel's craven grandstanding during Germany's refugee crisis was lamentable, but it isn't any worse than Hillary's constant adolescent and obviously cynical appeals to female solidarity. Also, unlike Hillary, Merkel is capable of appealing to people other than upper-middle class American women.

• Merkel has done well

Not to knock Clinton, since she's been widely praised throughout politics and is incredibly competent. Merkel is a proven leader of a country, however, and has just won her third term leading Germany. Germany is a powerhouse of Europe and the world, and she has shown to be a great leader.

• Merkel knows what she's doing.

I think Angela Merkel would be better than Hillary Clinton at running a country, because she is a people person, and she is more ethical than Hillary Clinton. Clinton will do anything to get ahead. She is ruthless and so is her husband. Merkel genuinely has the best interests of her people and the people of Europe at heart. I would be proud to have her as my leader.

• Clinton a Great Leader

Without a doubt, Hilary Clinton would be a far more effective leader for a given country than German Prime Minister Angela Merkel. Merkel is a great politician, but she wouldn't do half the job that Hilary Clinton would with four years in office in the United States of America today.

• Clinton all the way!

Although I think it's a near draw, my American-ness obligates me to select Hillary Clinton as the better person to run a country. Clinton is well familiar with the sleaze and opportunists that run our country, and can stand up to them to do a stellar job. Merkel has been a fine leader for Germany as well.

• Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would be better at running a country.

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would be better at running a country. I think that she is ready to be the President of the United States because she has already proved that she has what it takes to fight for something that she believes in. She has also already been in the White House with her husband and knows the way it works.