Who is more annoying Christians (Yes) or Atheists (No)

Asked by: YukiHayashi777
  • Christians are Idiots

You use religion as a reason to kill animals and start wars. The bible is a hunk of paper written by a horde of sexist, cruel sheepherding sadists a looonnnggg time ago, yet you want to believe it because you want to be rewarded when you die. Well guess what? When you die, its over. There is nothing after you die. But you kill others for this? Sorry (not) that's annoying. (and a lot more)

• NOTE: Never Base A Group By Its Extremists

Living in the Southern United States, and being an open atheist on the Internet, I frequently hear Christians bashing me and telling me I'm going to hell, and all together using fear and aggression rather than logic to push their agenda. Do most atheists want religion to be wiped off the face of the planet? No. Do most Christians want their views to be taught as fact, be the foundation of this country, or push their agenda and their views? I would argue yes.

• Both annoy me

I would say Christians are defiantly more annoying. I have never had an atheist knocking on my door to get me to believe in no god. I am an agnostic and do not champion either side. I believe there may be some creator of sorts. I have never seen any proof that there is or isn't a god.

• I'm impartial to this

There are bad people on both sides. There are good people on both sides. It would be wrong to simply label all of a group as more annoying, or less annoying. I chose a "Yes" column because, well, I had to choose a column- I don't think that we can tell how annoying people are just by religion, or lack thereof.

• Christians are more annoying, but Muslims are the most annoying

Well, not Muslims per se, but the Islamic teachers are super cringey and annoying. Especially the televangelists. And the king of them all is one man and we all know who I'm talking about (those uninformed idiots who don't know, I'm talking about Zakir Naik). Hard-line christians are just as annoying as hard-line atheists, but in general, I've heard Christians telling me "I'll pray for you" or "God will show you a path" or "Accept Jesus in your heart and you will be saved" more times by regular Christians than I have heard things from regular atheists when I was Muslim.

• Christians get my vote.

Christians can be more annoying, I also feel that atheists can be annoying. I am going with the religious vote because I have met many more Christians in my life that were very forceful. I have seen quite a few atheists ONLINE that have been rude and assert their opinion where it was not asked for but in real life my experience has been that religious people are the ones that assert unwanted opinions (of course I am sure that there are atheists out there that do the same). I have been told that I am a sinner and that all my sins are like dog poop stuck on my soul, only the water of jesus can wash the dog poop from my soul. This was random and I was not involved in any religious talks when I got this information about my soul. I have received many door knockers that want to spread the "news". We used to have people outside my work that stopped people at the doors to talk about jesus. One of my co workers was a pastors wife that was very cold to me after asking me about my beliefs and finding out that I have no belief in god. I was chatting with a nice older lady and she had brought up her lack of money so I said "well you know what the bible says about the rich man" the older lady laughed and agreed, once she had gone my co worker ran up to me and asked what I was talking about and I told her the passage about how it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle then it is for a rich man to get in the gates of heaven. She scowled and said thats not in the bible and as I am an atheist I wouldn't know what I was talking about. Not sure if she uses another bible but I am pretty sure I have read that someplace in mine. One of my childhood friends was forbidden to hang out with me once I told her parents that I was not a christian after they sat me down and asked me about my church habits. I remember her asking another girl if she was christian and once the other girl said yes I am she said "Oh good! Now we can have sleep overs!" I was hurt as I had not cared that we did not share that belief, I just wanted to be her friend and we had lots of fun playing. Even then I knew that god was a topic that I just should not bring up unsolicited and I never pushed my thoughts on that subject but I smiled politely and regularly listened to her talk about her relationship with god. Those are a few stories about religion in my life, as for atheists really the only things that made me shake my head have been online.

• Christians because of the hatred they spead

Atheists are not going around forbidding gay people from living their normal and every day life.

I've never had Atheists coming up to my door telling me I'm going to hell if I don't join their religion.

People spread this bullshit that religion is love, yeah tell that to ISIS and the countless crusades in the past, and then take a look at how religious people want to forbid LGBT from marrying or even existing.

• Stop making stereotypes

First off stop saying us atheist are angry at you god, were not we just simply dont believe in something that has 0 proof of being true...
    Also please dont keep asking us why we dont ave morals because we do, we just dont have the same morals as you....And in my opinion atheist dont really care if you support a religon or not unless you rub it in our faces saying if we dont believe were going to hell. You guys dont seem to have any proof of heaven or hell.

• Stop making us a fucking stereotype and well stop to you

Also please dont keep asking us why we dont ave morals because we do, we just dont have the same morals as you....And in my opinion atheist dont really care if you support a relgion or not unless you rub it in our faces saying if we dont believe were going to hell. You guys dont seem to have any proof of heaven or hell.

• As annoying as your mother in law...

I dropped Christianity when I ws 14 due to overhearing a few people trying to justify catholic molestation of children, but that wasn't the only reason. I wish more people were actually intelligent enough to not just choose to believe there's a giant cosmic zombie space wizard in the sky somewhere because their parents told them that. Being told im going to hell will not do anything. I don't care about what is said in the bible, so stop shoving it in my face. I don't care that you're "praying" for me. You think I care about your evening babbling?

• Hard to say

Atheists are everywhere on the internet belittling, mocking, ridiculing and hating on people for their belief in God. They go around saying they're reasonable, logical and scientific for being Atheists yet they always talk about religion why they think its bad and why they think you should to. They deem anybody who doesn't agree with them as indoctrinated, irrational, illogical, ignorant or brainwashed for no other reason than their religious beliefs. They always use evil things religious people have done 1000 years ago to justify why belief today is harmful, but get angry when communism or other Atheist dictators who oppressed religion have done gets mentioned.

Christians always go around saying the Bible should be taught in schools, they tell people they're going to hell if they're gay or non Christian. They go around saying the earth is 6000 years old, they use religion to justify their bigotry and wars, they go door to door trying to convert people. I've seen Christians mock Islam, Buddhism and Pagan but get upset when Christianity gets made fun of or when someone says the Bible isn't true.

• This is a stupid question but...

I think that overall, for normal people that I meet every day, I find the atheists more annoying. Unless I am on the internet or near some extremists, I don't usually hear any christians telling people that their belief system is stupid and ridiculous. More commonly, everyday atheists are more annoying because they will insult other people's religions and then get offended if someone tries to tell them not to. A christian will typically just say that they are a christian who believes in God, and occasionally will invite someone to their church.

Creationists aren't even as annoying as many athiests, because at least their closed-mindedness doesn't hurt anybody, whereas someone who says that it is ridiculous to have a religion does.

Note that I have never said in this whether or not I am christian.

• I'm annoyed by atheist right here on this site

As a Christian, I see a great deal of hypocrisy closed mindedness and ignorance displayed by many atheist on this site. Not just that, atheist like to hurl insults at us Christians.

Just look at the statements made by those defending atheists, the ‘yes’ side on this question. First off, Elentiya jumps right into the insults and says a bunch of accusations that baffle me.

“Christians are Idiots You use religion as a reason to kill animals and start wars.” Do Christians kill animals more than any group in society? To me this sounds bazaar. This is actually the first time I’ve heard Christians accused of ‘killing animals.’

But, I know about the other falsehood Elentiya spouted. The falsehood that religions, Christianity in particular, are the cause of most wars.

The truth is that, according to the Encyclopedia of Wars, only 7% of all wars fought on Earth were purely because of religious reasons. But just some background knowledge of history or a little internet research would tell you that the claim is false. Yet I have to hear people like Elentya repeat this lie for several years now, when they could easily look up the facts.

From my point of view as a Christian, that’s annoying. I keep having to correct this error and falsehood on this site.

Then there’s a few other people over on that side pretty much putting up that argument that Christians try to tell people how to live or what to believe.

Well here in Canada a couple of years ago, there was a group of atheist who took their local city council to court to have them barred from having any kind of prayers before council meetings.

None of these atheist were part of the council, yet felt the need to have their views enforced upon that city council. And the left-wing, politically correct judges and court system in this country made it so?

As a Christian who has had this argument with secularist in real life and online, it’s annoying to see the hypocrisy.

In general, it’s true what another poster said on this side: “Atheist are hypocritical and cruel to Christians. They NEVER present ANY evidence a Christian cannot rebuke.”

I will add that not only do atheist present weak arguments, but they often have escape routes. Like Hitchen’s Razor, which is simply a one sided point of view at the very least. But it’s an example of how atheist try to close their minds

Atheist are so closed minded, they won’t even admit that atheism is a belief system

• Atheist are hypocritical and cruel to Christians. They NEVER present ANY evidence a Christian cannot rebuke.

They always call Christians stubborn and "not able to accept facts", but no matter how much evidence we give them, they never accept it. And Atheist NEVER give me any evidence, just opinions. And also, Atheism IS a religion. If you want to not believe in anything, you become agnostic.

• Religious appologetics getting good people to do bad things.

Atheists may appear dismissive because your arguments are old tired and debunked. It is Christians and other religions who have run out of arguments and did so decades ago. Christian attempts to integrate science into their arguments are equally debunked. Baffling with bulshit may work on the ill informed and easily impressed but I can spot it a mile off and that is what your pathetic idiots like,William lane Craig do. We shout at you cos there is not a single novel argument that is defendable. Give it up

Amanda

• Almost a tie

I think both Atheists and Christians can be equally aggravating at times. However, the reasoning for choosing Atheists is because they do not have an obligation like Christians do to put their opinion out there. Before this post is harassed by why Atheists justify the importance of debating against religion, or more so for Science, hear me out. Christians have a religious text and a call from their god to spread what they learned about it to other groups of people, in order to get others in Heaven. They have taken on a divine obedience and care for others well being. This doesn't mean they do it well most of the time, nor is it the moral approach. However, Atheists don't have the fear Christians do about insuring a happy afterlife, because there is none. Obviously, Atheists want a rational society in which religion either destroys, or is irrelevant to a great human experience. It's not useless, but more annoying simply because they want people to know the truth. I'm not stating it's the truth, but to convince, because they view Christians as so annoying, they almost reflect how they feel about them onto them.

• Not All But the Ones I Know

If you are an atheist I do not automatically think you are annoying, it is just that the ones I know are very opinionated. I have nothing against debating ideas, but the people I have encountered just want to prove me and my faith wrong.

One example is a girl I knew in high school. I attended a Catholic private all-girls high school. We had theology classes every student had to take to graduate. You made the choice to attend this school because of the high quality of education and all-girls opportunity, the least you can do is respect that. She voiced her opinions all the time which I have nothing against, but every conversation was about something at our school she didn't agree with. There was never a point in time where she tired to understand how we felt. It annoyed most everybody even friends I had that were atheist, but weren't vocal about it.

• Both can be annoying but dont stereotype

• The atheists are killing me...

I'm Catholic, and I'm not sure if Catholicism is involved in any of this, but I'm gonna answer anyways. I have had Jehovah Witnesses come to my door, and I've had people telling me I'll go to hell. However, at least they mean well. 99% of people bashing me for my beliefs are atheists. On the internet especially, because everyone is anonymous on the internet. I think this is mostly about evangelical christians, but I'm just here to tive my opinion.

Forthelulz says2015-10-25T03:47:41.953
How about "Everyone involved is an idiot"? The atheists for trying to drag more people to Hell, and the otherwise well-adjusted people who are suckered into their obvious trolling. Meanwhile in Hell, "It says here you're an... Atheist. You must be feeling like an idiot right now."