Who is more powerful: James Heller (yes) or Alex Mercer (no)?

Asked by: tpmassive
  • James Heller wins this.

James Heller ends up to be stronger, if you play the game you see he has powers and abilities Mercer never got plus the military training, he's also more motivated not to mention the DLC with it's minor bonuses. The only thing Mercer has as an advantage is that he uses virus powers more than a year. James Heller is superior nearly in every aspect.

• Alex Mercer is strongest

Alex Mercer wanted to be beaten so that the burden of being on top would be James Heller problem. He took it easy on him on purpose. If he felt so inclined to kill him he would have even if Heller was using all his strength to kill Mercer it would be impossible.

• He killed mercer

He has strong powers and he is a good guy, but if you say that Mercer is powerful you are a jerk. Heller risk his live for his daugther ,and killed Mercer with hi own hands,and if you remebere when Mercer tried to take hellers power back he stoped him

• Heller is somewhat better

After everything the two have been through, they both are superior. I'm not saying that Alex is weak, but I think Heller's is just a little bit stronger than Alex. Firstly, when James killed many of Mercer's other Evolved, Mercer was trying to consume Heller, or just return his power, Heller resists it. However, at the last scene, when Heller is about to fight Alex, Alex consumes every single one of the Evolves beside him almost immediately. That means Heller is much more powerful than other Evolves that Alex chooses. Secondly, at the last fight, I don't think Mercer plays very fair. Because Mercer consumes the Evolves that are on his side, which grants him more power, but Heller was still able to beat him, that means he is more powerful than Alex and other Evolves combined. Thirdly, Heller is a bit older than Alex, and he was a military sergeant, which means he has more combat experience. Finally, although they have similar powers, Heller's weaponry are more offensive than defensive. Mercer has armor, James doesn't, but the game company replaces the armor with a better shield(Mercer's shield can be broken, but Heller's cannot, and able to reflect more harmful weapons). Moreover, the game company also substitutes Mercer's muscle-mass power to tendril power. Muscle-mass boosts Mercer's attack damage and throw damage and range, but tendril has more purposes. It is able to keep huge infected such as brawlers, goliaths, in place, it can damage a victim, while damaging or even killing other enemies around. So overall, tendril power is more useful than muscle-mass. I think that is pretty much everything to indicate why Heller is stronger, but after all, both of them are kick-ass overpowered heroes/villain.

• Get over Mercer fanboys

AS someone with an impressive record in the leaderboards (if i do say so myself), there is many things in P2 that heller does that Alex does not, like killing a Goliath multiple times and later spreading out the tendrils to Mass-Consume all the infected. Those feats aside, Heller kilsl Mercer even after mercer absorbed all the "evolved" to give himself more strength for the final fight. So it was really the power of Mercer and a dozen Evolved vs James Heller, and James won, So i think its safe to say that James Heller is not only stronger but also has "evolved/mutated" even more than Alex, and his victory in the game was a well-deserved one.

• Yes, James Heller is powerful in many things.

Yes, James Heller is more powerful than Alex Mercer, because James Heller is so popular in so many fields. Even though James Heller is a fictional character, his character is a big deal, having served in the army and then later as a Congressman. That kind of political power is hard to beat.

• James Heller Best

He defeated Mercer, and not only is he stronger but he is a much more interesting and relate-able character. Mercer is just too bland and doesn't have much going for him he is like a plank of wood and he isn't even a hero more an anti-hero or villain so Heller wins.

• Heller is more powerful

But many forgot thats alex told that he can regenerate himhimself by his blood like he did in the first parts ending ,so heller did not consume the hands of alex at the last fight so there are chances that he may not have been dead ...Or may be that he may turn heller into himself

• Heller is superior

Mercer made a mistake playing with his feast. Later on when he tries to consume him he is unable to. Heller obviously became far more powerful that Mercer expected him to be. Later on Heller is able to kill Mercer. As silly as it looks, if Mercer didn't play with Jimmy, he would've lived.

• He killed mercer

• Alex went easy on Heller.

During the final boss battle with Alex, he uses barely any of the powers he had in the first game, like the muscle mass or the full armour. In fact, if you use the wrong weapon against him, he'll correct you on it, advising you on how to beat him. Like Kesssler to Cole McGrath in Infamous, he chose to lose the final fight, since he knew Heller would take his place one day, since he too was just an aspect of the Prototype.

• Alex is indeed more powerful and let heller win. ( I have evidence)

Here’s my evidence,
    1) in the fight Alex consumes multiple evolved (heller can’t do that)

2) Alex moves much faster In the fight

3)don’t even start with the BS “heller won because he had military training”, because both heroes have the power to absorb memories and skills of people (soldiers) so both have had a LOT of military training (and heller wasn’t a special soldier he was just average no different from the countless soldiers Alex had consumed

4) the only reason heller could have won fair and square is that His willpower was stronger than Alex’s (assuming Alex was at his best in the fight, which he was not Alex was holding back)

5) alex consumed Elizabeth Greene, who was a really powerful infected (look that up)

Finally here’s the reason why I think Alex would let heller win. Remember that Alex isn’t exactly “Alex” he IS the virus and I believe his goal was to infect someone so the virus could evolve inside them , and then consume them. Alex tried to consume heller but that didn’t work out so he must have realized he could be consumed by heller and live inside him, being the virus, maybe take him over from the inside.

At the end of p2 you get a trophy that says “murder your maker?”
    Notice The question mark

Alright I will admit I am biased as fuck I love Mercer but The evidence is still there, if I missed anything reply to me and I’ll see if I can further discuss it with you.

Here’s my evidence,

2) Alex moves much faster In the fight

Notice The question mark

Here’s my evidence,

2) Alex moves much faster In the fight

Notice The question mark

Here’s my evidence,

2) Alex moves much faster In the fight

Notice The question mark

• Alex is definitely more powerful, and he let heller win

Here’s my evidence,

2) Alex moves much faster In the fight

Notice The question mark

• Alex Mercer is better

Alex Mercer is a better character then James because he is much stronger and has more rage witch also makes him stronger and you guys just need to accept that Alex Mercer the one and true Prototype is better then James Heller the fake prototype.
    P.S, Alex is better full stop.

• Alex all the way!!

Do you think that Alex Mercer is really dead? I don't think so.

I don't want another stereotype hot head Protagonist from game i'd love to play there was loads of them. From games to Animation like Naruto / Eren jaeger / kratos God of War series etc. Prototype 2 kill the franchise

• Alex Mercer ofcourse!!

• Alex Mercer ofcourse!!

rajun says2013-08-09T15:04:55.180
Heller is far more powerful..Play the game and understand.
tpmassive says2013-08-11T19:03:35.497
I've played it and I am convinced that the fight between Heller and Mercer was unfair. Mercer never used any of the powers he had on prototype 1.