Who make better companions -- cats (yes) or dogs (no)?

Asked by: JayDaylDayJay
  • Dogs are better.

Yes, it's true that dogs are more dependent on us, humans, than cats but, I believe that they are more loyal than cats. Sometimes, cats are too independent to even care about their owners and can be huge jerks. While dogs are /very/ loyal and more obedient than cats. So, I believe that they are better companions.

• A matter of taste obviously.

Cats are more independent, I don't want a submissive companion such as a dog. But of course the dogs loyalty can have some appeal. Also, cats are easier to take care of. Dogs require more time and work. Cats have a personality more compatible with mine. I really like both cats and dogs though, cats are just better suited for my preferences and circumstances. Both are quite superior to human companionship, although they do not have all qualities humans have, obviously.

• Cats are independent and mysterious

Cats will love you or leave you; they don't tend to be obsessively attached to you but I think they are more intelligent than they seem. A cat can explore outside without being on a lead, and has more of a natural wildness left. I am not an all or nothing person at all and I believe dogs are nice as well and are also good companions but I prefer the cat.

• Dogs are better.

Dogs are loyal, helpful, obedient, caring, affectionate,and they live to please. Nothing makes a dogs day more than making their owners proud. Cats don't care, they only want you for food and they're off. Dogs actually help humans in daily life from helping the disabled and saving lives to the simple things like fetching the newspaper or carrying the milk home. Dogs are as intelligent as toddlers and are little furry babies, a cat is pet, a dog is family, I don't dislike cats but compared to dogs? There's really no comparison. If my cat died I'd be sad if my dogs died I'd be devastated.

• Cats are like adults, dogs are like children.

Who makes a better companion? A 5 year old child, or an adult? Cats require a level of respect or they will ignore you, much like an adult human would. The reason cats don't come when you call them is because they dislike your behavior. If you asked me to come to you and you rubbed my head and said awwww, I'd start ignoring you too. For what ever it's worth my cat comes whenever I call her, ONLY because I respect HER interests, much like I treat my fellow adults. I also taught her to use the toilet.

• Cats are better pets

Why ?Becaus cats are better companions and I will tell you my story .I had a cat he was awsome one day he dissapeared my she-cat was taken next 2 weeks later she came back afew days ago she went missing 3days after that she was back but my boy cat never came home .If you want a loyal cat get a girl but boys are also very cute they are the same animal loving ,loyal ,and cudly.

• Fdcfd df d

Dfgbe efvsdnfvn j jjdj k k kk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k

• Fdcfd df d

• Fdcfd df d

• Cats are better.

First off, cats are independent. They don't NEED humans. They can hunt for themselves and survive in the wild. Also, as a companion, they are the sweetest little things EVER. They love people, and I'm not saying dogs don't. People always say that dogs can play fetch, and play more than cats. Nope. I have a cat that plays fetch. One of my cats does backflips when he freaks out. But those are just my experiences. There's other reasons, such as the ones on this site:

http://animal.Discovery.Com/pets/i-like-top-ten-cats-better-dogs.Htm

I like dogs, but cats are better.

• Dogs are better

First off, sorry I didn't say that NO is for Dogs, And YES is for cats.

Dogs are better companions because... 1. More loyal, ever cried and needed someone there, well your dog will come in the room and lay by you as you cry it out. 2. Dogs are easier to take care of, Dogs are easier to take care of, because they don't need a litter box and canned food. Dogs just need to be let outside every 9 hours or so (depending on dog) and they can eat dry dog food. 3.More Fun to snuggle with. With a cat all you can do to snuggle with it is to pet it, not much else. With a dog you can pet it, Hug it, etc. More than you can do with a cat.

• Dogs are better.

• Dogs are better than cats

I have been researching for a argumentative report and every website I look at says dogs are better than cats. I absolutely love dogs too they are so gentle and they don't hiss they bark which isn't as bad as hissing. Don't you think so? I do!!! Tell me what you think???

• Dogs are more loyal

Cats don't need humans as much as dogs,and they don't make much of an effort to hide that fact. They're okay pets but I strongly prefer dogs, there's a loyalty factor with them that cats simply rarely express.They tend to only show up when they need something and then thanklessly slink away with it.

• Dogs are better companion

Dogs are loyal , they will not forget their owner even though their owner left them . Cats are exactly the opposite they forget their owner very easily . Dogs are very playful , they like very much to play with humans and even the film (cats and dogs ) show that . Dogs are far better than cats

• There is a list of things proving dogs are better.

Dogs are loyal, in contrast with a cat's unreliability. Cat lovers like to say their cats are "independent", but, let's take a look at reality, they still need to be feed, groomed and being taken to the vet regularly. How can you can call that independence? They are in denial.

Dogs are playful. You could argue that cats are playful too, but they are playful in a different way. When you play with a dog, you are both involved in the game. You both get fun, the game is about sharing. You get your turn handling the toy.
    With cats, you are an observer. Take for example the laser pointer, they seem to love it: You are not chasing it along the cat or sharing the fun, you are just providing the fun for the cat to use it at your expense. Or a piece of wool. Again, you most likely are lying on the floor, completely still, using your hand to move it so the cat can get its fun. It is not a healthy relationship at all. It is abusive, and you are the victim.

Walks: What walk? You only get exercise if you have a dog. Cats do not feel any motivation to help you have a better life style. If you have a cat, your life gets more expensive and lonely, as you need to go walk alone or pay a gym subscription to get the same effects of having a dog.

Coexistence: Life is peaceful with a dog. They will not sleep on your face (and if they try, you can easily change their attitude with a few days of training), they will not climb tress and bark endlessly until you call the firemen to retrieve it, and they will not flee from home in horror if you decide to change their food brand.

Intelligence: Dogs are smarter. Do you know, in the whole world, a single seeing eye cat, shepherd cat, rescue cat? Exactly.

Ecologic and health reasons: Dogs can't give you toxoplasmosis, cats are a constant heath danger, specially to children and pregnant women. Also, cats have the habit of hunting when not hungry, which dogs lack. And they sure do not behead little endangered birds just to leave them in your new, expensive shoes.

Dogs are supportive, cats don't care about you until it is feeding time. Which they will remind you of in the most impolite way possible.

Some people could argue that dogs are submissive. They are misinterpreting it. Dogs feel grateful for what we give them, and want to repay us. If you do not give your dog a way to thank you for what it is receiving, it will take the issue on its paws and become submissive.

Also, cat people are submissive, as they get used to take a lot of abuse from their cats. And hypocrites, as they diminish dogs as "submissive" without noticing they are guilty of the same "fault" themselves.

Posted by: Rafe
  • Dogs have been proven to be more.... "supportive".

While cats and kittens can be kind their acceptance and ability to have interactive fun is very minimal. As a former cat owner my cat was very lazy and any attempt to have fun was usually rejected. While cats make comfortable pets to live with they do not provide the same amount of love and support a canine will provide. Dogs will play, run, and actually enjoy they spend with. In some aspects of life it is good to have a lesser thing be taught by you and to have it learn and mature, it can make a person feel good.

• Dogs are Man's Best Friend

Dogs are man's best friend, and they always will be. They are loyal, they cooperate and if you train them properly they can protect you. You can also cuddle with them they dont wander around at night and they are simply more fun to be around. Ya sure they are a bit harder to take care of, SO WHAT! BIG DEAL! If you truly love your dog you would walk it every hour IF you had to. Dogs are BOSS

• Dog is man's best friend.

For a companion the dog is superior to the cat. As a pet? That comes down to preference. The dog is a better companion because they are loyal to their masters, they stay by your side, and they protect you. A dog can come just as carefree as a cat, though, you just have to go out of your way to find one with that personality, but again, that’s a preference as a pet, not a question about companionship. Otherwise, as a child I may have said my three-legged hamster was my best companion, but he wasn’t, he was my favorite pet and the house dog was the companion that would follow us to every room and literally sleep beside our feet and bark at people who weren’t regulars in our house until we calm him down.

• Man's best friend

Dogs are better than cats.

Dogs don't wander during the night, they stay by your side all night. Dogs cooperate! Cats hate baths and scratch you! It really hurts! Dogs accept water and are playful with humans, most cats sit around all day and do nothing. Why would you want that?

AnonyFeline says2013-07-16T09:09:36.187
Fish and canaries.