Who will you root for in Marvel's Civil War Captain America (yes) or Iron Man (no)

Asked by: jackkp
  • Captain America ftw

Basically he's noble and a good leader who just wants to help others. The government doesn't/shouldn't control acts of heroism. Also he's good looking so i mean !!! Not sure about his friend bucky though. I need to get a backstory or something before i trust him. But captain america just seems like a guy you can rely on you know. Im excited to see how he reacts when society turns against him. Captain ftw people

• Superheroes save the world everyday and this is how they are repaid?

Superheroes in the Marvel universe save the world everyday, whether they be X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic-4 or just freelance superheroes. And this is how the world repays them? By restraining them from doing the things that need to be done to stop the world from being destroyed by giant falling cities on meteors or evil German fanatics bent on proving himself a god. The world needs superheroes and the goverment is just basically saying "Hey villains, we're restraining the heroes, so why don't you come and wipe humanity out now." Its unjust and is putting everything at steak!

• Goes against everything America is

So, in the trailer, there a document that all super heroes have to fill out to say that they won't " cause city destruction to the world". This is not only against America in many ways, this also said about cap getting his friend back.One way this against America is that this violates their privacy , something everyday humans have to their expense. This violation is mistreating the human saviors , or super heroes.The second way this is against America is that , in the trailer, cap and falcon lose their tech/weapons to S.H.E.I.L.D. And to the average American human, this is equivalent to losing your firearms. This violates one of the ten admendments . Number four states that we are allowed use of firearms, therefore this is unfair and captain America is correct and I'm his team.

• Goverment consisting of Hydra

Smit was a government official under Hitler originally and Hydra has proven that it can invade into S.H.E.I.L.D's ranks so what would stop them from worming their way into the government putting heroes under their control. It would also give Hydra and other villains the option to threaten those the heroes love and care for blackmailing heroes into do what they want. Bucky and the Avengers have never done anything to purposely harm anyone if they had a say or even thought in the matter and government regulation won't stop them from harming others if they have no control over themsleves. Heroes only purpose is to defend and protect the entire world so why put them under government regulation.

• Cap all the way

I'm not following the government's lap dog.
    Iron-man blindly follows the government's orders. He not only persecutes his own former allies as if they were criminals in the name of the government, he imprisons them, he almost kills Spiderman after Spidey changed to Cap's side after following Tony and realizing he was wrong at doing so, heck, he recruited supervillains in order to battle the resistance. While Cap, who is the embodiment of his country, will fight against it's own government when he knows its doing wrong, because he stands for what he believes in, he stands for his team, his friends, the people, he stands for whats right and good. Cap is an actual hero, unlike (movie)IronMan. I'm following a hero I will look up to, not a humorous egocentric rich douche...

• Doesn't need armour.

He's not the one who put the world in danger by creating a bunch of weapons INCLUDING Ultron, the humanity hating super-bot, himself. Caps gotta shield, (and superhuman ability), and has lasted almost a century. Then Stark relies on each and every piece of money he got from his dad, (who died), to make dangerous equipment for battle. Plus, he's got arrogance. And BARELY lasted a few years in the MCU so far.

• Doesn't need armour.

• Captain America everyday!

I think Captain America should lead the war because if you watched the movie, he actually lead a war against Red Skull, Captain America's mortal enemy. Captain America had experience in war and leading a war, that is why Captain America should lead the Marvels Civil war, not Iron man.

• I like Cyke!

Kill off my favored Marvel hero will you? (I didn't see future's past one yet) I'll stand behind Cap, for now. At least until Cyclops is ready to reveal 'is hand. He lead us through the dark times. Wolvie can stay out as he usually does. This ain't his fight. It never is.

• Down with Superhero Registration

Captain America opposed the Superhero Registration Act because it would be a violation of civil liberties, and he also argued that superheroes require secrecy to protect their loved ones and secret identities. To force super-powered individuals to reveal themselves with the government would be an invasion of privacy, and superheroes would have been forced to act under official regulation, akin to law enforcement. Very similar to Mutant Registration.

• Iron Man is smarter

Captain America is the best Avenger by far. However, Iron Man's armor cannot be stopped by Cap's shield as shown in the Avengers. Iron Man can also use JARVIS, and his artificial intelligence to determine every possible outcome to a fight as shown in the Civil War story line. Iron Man wins

• There is more than just physical fighting involved.

Think of the reasons of both sides. Cap is against the Hero Registration Act while Stark is for it. While Cap wants the freedom to be able to fight crime and protect people, Iron Man wishes for the government to take away unnecessary liabilities, thus keeping them with a good name.

If you think about it, Cap isn't thinking very clearly. He wants the freedom to choose for himself. After the MRA (Mutant Registraion Act) and the horrible events that followed, the government started to consider the HRA. Iron Man sees the dangers of not having the act,: there will be more crime, more villans will start appearing, and there could be another incident such as the explosion that happened during a protest that killed over 600 people before the Government decided on the MRA. Plus, the Mutant population dramatically decreased while this was happening. Tony does not want this to happen again, especially with this own friends.
    While Rogers only thinks about the freedoms without the HRA.

I don't have a certain side that I am rooting for. Both have their downfalls and both have their positive sides. It depends on what their personal opinions of the matter are. Not of their fighting capabilities and weapons or powers. That should not be the main focus here.

• It's more than just fighting.

Craighawley215 says2015-04-06T15:01:25.917
I vote for Spiderman.