Why do white people want to say the n word if we know its highly offensive and derogatory

Asked by: mileswilliams
  • The n word n*gger not ni*ga

I have a question why is the n word so important to say for white people and why do they complain that it not offensive and blacks are sensitive i would be sensitive to if my parents were token away from home and m sister being raped and if that word identified me less of a person or animal

• Its a word

Its a word with a lot of negative baggage and symbolism. Also when a white person says it theyre deemed a racist.
    I think its silly that some black people yell out n this and n that constantly than complain when a white person says it. I dont think anyone should use it.

• Nigger is a

Word, the only reason it is offensive is because someone said so. Saying "N-word" is no different, and frankly retarded. Words like this require context to be derogatory. Nigger started as a reference to black skin. American White people probably want to say it because it is used as a term of endearment among niggers, they want to be included in the fun.

• Why must everything be about color?

The color of a person's skin shouldn't matter. Nor should someone's race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation. When are we, as a society, going to mature enough to get past such insignificant issues. White being the color of my skin, does not define who or what I am. I, like every other person on this planet, am a human being. We are not white, black, Mexican, or Jew.. We are human. Let me repeat this, we are HUMAN.

• Blacks say it more now.

What a friggen joke!!!!! I have light colored skin and you call me white!!!!! I have said the "N Word"!!!!!! Never in any way but ridicule towards tose that use it. I listened to NWA. Niggas With Attitude. I know the game. You lose. So be it then eh. Ther are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking the root, negroes.

• Clearer question please

Yes or no? I don't know what the question was, it wasn't a question just a statement. Ultimately it is a bad word and should not be used for obvious reasons. However some other things I would like to point out. A ridiculous number of black people use the the word nigger with such freedom. If they find it so horrendously offensive maybe they should not say the word so often themselves. Secondly black people frequently change what terminology they deem to be racist. One day half cast is ok, one day black is ok, one day coloured is ok, then the very next day they are all horrendously offensive. And when a white person says one of these words thinking it is correct and gets crucified in the media as a racist all because they cannot keep up with the ever changing terminology ... Well it's unfair. Black people should pick a word they find acceptable and stick to it.

Vox_Veritas says2016-01-08T02:56:15.710
The real question is this: why is everyone allowed to say the word except for whites?