Why not move recruiting centers to local police departments? It would solve security issues and add a source of income to local municipal budgets.

Asked by: kkal
  • Good idea, helps to lower your local tax bill!

Military recruiters come to police departments all the time to do background checks. Police departments in municipalities large enough to have recruiting centers are all big enough to accommodate recruiters. Municipalities are always searching for additional sources of badly needed revenue. We don't need a military outpost in civilian areas. Military personnel do not under go the types of psychological testing and and use of arms training designed for public safety. Military police do.

Posted by: kkal
  • Come on Man

Dear anti-gun / gun ban supporters; please stand vertically. Now concentrate REEEEAAAAALLLYYY hard, shimmy those hips just a bit, and grow that sack!!! Look, I can sit here all day and keep copy/pasting the same statistical analysis sites from the governments around the world including the U.S. government recently that show the DIRECT correlation between gun bans and skyrocketing gun homicides and gun violence rates as well as increased gun rights and the dropping of gun homicides and gun violence. But this, this is....Well I can't find a word to describe the level of pure arrogance here. We are talking about the men and women of our armed forces that are the MOST HIGHLY proficient, trained, and experienced firearm specialists on the PLANET. THEY should be protecting the police if anything, not the other way around. That's like you trying to teach Stephen Hawking physics. Are people so ignorantly terrified of fire systems that they don't trust our armed forces to properly utilize their weapons? COME ON MAN!!

• The police and military are two separate entities...

Actually, the presence of a military installation would probably reduce crime, on the level of, "someone help me, I'm being robbed!", to "I'll save you! MP powers activate!" The cops already have their hands full without a possible terrorist attack killing two birds with one stone. Imagine some terrorist picking targets. "Hey, there's both a military installation and a cop shop. Let's blow it up." I'd hate to live around there when that happens.