• Why shouldn't we?

I hate myself for saying this but writing is very very good for you. I personally love typing more but writing has it's benefits. Important benefits.
    For one, your BRAIN WORKS HARDER WHEN WRITING. It uses more neurones and sections of the brain. In English class, why not just do your essay and at the same time exercise your brain. Help it make it a tiny bit stronger.
    Two, BETTER MEMORY. There was a experiment done where they gave notes for students. Half wrote their short notes by hand while the others typed. When tested later on hand writing got more marks.
    Three, MORE FOCUSED. When taking notes on laptops, you can get distracted. But using paper, you cannot go to Facebook can you? Writing helps you be more focused.
    I now ask again
    WHY SHOULDN'T WE?

• It would be good, but unhelpful

I love computers. We should write however because can you imagine life without writing? We use a signature, we write letters and formal notes. What if the power goes out in the city for a week? It has happened for longer before.... You would need to write things for your work. How could you if you don't know how to?

• Because you are stupid.

Your question was evidence enough that we should. I need 42 more words so I am going to list every word I know:
    Umbrella
    Steak
    America
    Woodworking
    Bacon
    Integrity
    Honor
    Skim Milk Lies
    Cow protein
    Sport fishing
    Romantic Love
    Libertarianism
    Government
    Budget Cuts
    Taxpayer Dollars
    Freedom
    America Again
    Almost
    Done
    Success
    The End
    By me
    Ron Swanson

• Yes & no

Yes writing is a valuable skill, and they should teach it to young kids in preschool and have them write. As kids get older and show they are competent to write when needed, they should be allowed to type work out on a computer instead if possible. It's stupid to demand kids hand write essays if they have access to a laptop and printer just let them type it. It is easier, and faster. It hurts to write too long.

• Writing in schools is crucial.

Writing, whether it's typed, drawn as symbols, with use of a pen and paper or other means is crucial to our education system. In this day and age we write for many, many reasons including but certainly not limited to: relief of emotion, to make a point, for fun, to communicate etc. While you could argue that there are other ways to do all these things, writing is simply the most efficient. We use writing in almost everything thing we do after and during school and it's the basis for many of our school subjects. Just about every job requires some form of writing. Therefore it makes sense that we learn this while we are still in school so that when we enter the adult world, we have this valuable skill. This proves my point that writing in schools is crucial and should continue to be taught.

• Of course! It is extremely important!

Yes, writing is over the top important. Think about this.. How many people writing in the "No" section would be WRITING about why they think it is not important. Writing is a huge part in every day life, truly. Let's go ahead and talk about texting and emailing. We write out an email to people so they can read it and write us back. Same with texting. Now, how would we do that without learning how to write? Because if we are not being taught to write.. Nobody else does probably either that is around you. What would we do? Text with emoji's? My point is is this. It is extremely important to know how to write and to be taught it in school. (Including Language Arts)

• Apparently we do.

Well, the title says: Why we should have writting in schools. Writting. WRITTING! Are you kidding me? It's WRITING! That's a reason in itself. Writing is probably the most important tool we could learn in school, because it's a skill that's needed in the workplace. But seriously? WRITTING?! Enough said.

• Apparently we do.

• How is this even a debate?

I shouldn't have to say anything here. The very fact that people who oppose this are writing out their debates is all the evidence I need that writing is necessary for life in our society. I need more words, so I'll close by saying that if we end writing, we end an effective way of life.

• Writing is important for development

Writing makes students think, whether it is creative writing or not. To not have writing in schools would mean that young children are not developing their motor skills as well as they could. Writing, as I said before, works the mind. To write anything you have to think one way or another.

• Children do not deserve to write

The privilege of writing should be reserved for highborns such as myself. I don't want to see that peasant rabble getting uppity outside, demanding "rights" and "freedom". My feudal rights come before literacy for the common folk. People need to know their place in society these days? Why aren't the gentry keeping these people in check?

• Why ? ! ? ! ?

Ask any number of students and they will say that they have gotten writing cramps multiple times. In second grade some schools give kids a paper with "Once upon a time in a magical fairy land..." , then 40 blank lines. 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 submit

• No, is not 100% necessary

I agree that we have quite a few illiterate people in the world, but i don't think writing in an essay sort of format is necessary in our school system. I think that we should learn vocabulary in context not writing essays because it does not apply to everyones life as a human being you should be able to formulate your thoughts into a well thought out sentence.One more big terrible thing about writing in the school system is that it is 99.999% subjective grading.

• No yes maybe

Writing is okay for some kids and adults they should not be on paper it should be on a device like a chromebook or laptop it is not fair to people that do not have a device so i am saying no to writing in schools or at least make a school that dose not have writing in it so there is my thing where is yours.

• Yes & no

• No writing too much is too tired

Everyday teacher give us many writing assignment. Every time we do it we always feel tired. Teacher should allow student to type on computer or laptop rather than writing. Typing on laptop or computer can also allow student to enhance their typing skill in the future. This may help them type faster.

Galacticat says2016-03-22T18:26:57.577
I don't get the question.