• There's a possibility

Just look at our environment.. tornadoes, hurricanes, flash floods and tsunamis.......... take note of that. Even the Mayan Calendar predicts it. We can base it on the Bible..............................

• It's Already 2013

I am writing this on Friday, the 5th of July, 2013. The urban myth saying that the world will end on 2012 has already expired~for 7 months now. Which means that 2012 is not going to be the end of the world. Now, the world may be ending as I speak (at least the world AS I KNOW IT IS) but we can say quite confidently that the world will not end in 2012~because it's already 2013! Hahaha.

• I don't think 2012 will be the end of the world.

We are in 2013 now, and I don't think the world ended last year as i am still alive. They said the world would going to end in the year 2000, but we are now 13 years ahead. In 2011, a scientologist said that we were going to die on a Saturday that week. Guess what? We didn't. Last year they said we were going to die on another date. Not all people are that dumb. If the Mayan calendar finished in 2012, then why don't they just make a new calendar?

• 2013

Well, it's kind of hard for 2012 to be the end of the world now, since I'm writing this in 2013. Obviously, 2013 comes AFTER 2012, so I don't think 2012 is the end of the world. Besides, the Mayans didn't predict the end would come in 2012, only the end of the calendar. No one wrote down what happened at the end of that era, so we don't know what the Mayans expected to happen.

• Ridiculous...

I mean really...although the date passed and the world didn't end all the doomsdayers out there should give it a break. It was supposed to end 5 times already! The world ends when the sun runs out of energy in 5 billion or even more years! All the tsunamis hurricanes and all that are just part of nature! Has nothing to do with the world coming to an end.

• The world ended two days ago.

For a long time, people have told many prophecies of the "doomsday", and none of them are true, including 2012. It has been a few days after this date, rendering this question false. Also, Mayans never told this was the doomsday, neither did I-Ching as I-Ching is a system of making predictions and does not make any predictions itself.

• not even.

The Mayan's calender is ending. Not ours. Just because someone's race which is reaaaaaaaaaallyy small says that the world will end, don't mean we should believe it. i Highly doubt the world will end in 2012, or else we would have all been prepared currently and we would have already moved to another planet or even the moon.

• Get your facts straight.

The Mayans never predicted the end of the world in 2012. It is the end of their calendar, and the end of an age. From their interpretations, it is the transfer of the Earth into the "Golden Age". Hardly something you would attribute to an end of the world scenario. Also, check your definition of "Apocalypse." The actual definition is "an unveiling." That doesn't sound too much like Armageddon.

• Are we really going to believe the Mayans?

Let's look at this literally: should we really believe the Mayans? They essentially guessed that the world is going to end this year. They are not nearly as technologically advanced as we are. Honestly, if the world was going to end this year, wouldn't we have seen signs by now? The world is just as normal as it was back in 2007? The Mayans guessed that this would be the end of the world thousands of years ago because of their calendar that they had made. They randomaly selected December 21, 2012. So are we really going to believe them?

• Dec 21 2012 11:11 International Time

The Mayans never predicted the end of time it is just the end of the age. The new age is the Age of Aquarius. It is thought to be a time where everyone will know how to fix the world in New age Beliefs. For the Bible well it was written by followers of Jesus who could put there own concepts and ideas in the book. The book can also be interpreted in infinite ways.

• i hope NO

yeah as we know, there are so many issues that influenced by mayan calender that predict the world will be end in 2012. but we must think twice about it. nowadays our earth is full of science, everything is made by science that we can trust in. then should we believe to anything that can't be prove?