Will a fence prevent illegal Mexican immigrants from entering the US?

• Yes it will

Chances are that the fence will more likely an electric fence rather than not. I don't think the fence it self will stop illegal immigration, but it will help the boarder patrol to do there jobs easier. That itself will severely reduce illegal immigration and will most likely make the unemployment rate drop.

• I think that if we secure our borders, with a fence, then the process of illegally coming into our country will be far more difficult than it is now.

If we out up a fence, it will be harder for illegals to come into our country. We are one of the very few countries in the world that does not have secured borders. With a fence in place, it will be easier to monitor the comings and goings of anyone who is going across the border.

Posted by: laceria
  • Of course trump is a great man who will build a great wall

Im not talking about some pussy wall like chinas, we're talking a good old american wall with mexican sniffing dogs and taco trucks near the wall to lure them away while sylvester stallone mows them down with an m16. Trump will make america great again as said in the bible.

• Yes i support

I dont want them savages eating MAH corn off the cob in my farm and They will not find a wayunder the fence with their cheap digging machine and my food is important and i care very much about it and no mother flippin little girl will be touching the fence and getting shot.

• Immigration is okay, Illegal immigration is a problem and a fence is a solution.

Send 'em back and make 'em come back the right way. If any more come in send them back, I find it very wrong when they come in illegally and are rewarded for it. Drop all the illegal care for illegal aliens and spend that money on the citizens of this country

• I think that if we put up a wall it will help

I think that cuz they take my jobs and my money and eat my corn and shower in my own dirty piss water they are completely uncased and should not be in my country those ignorant people. I cant wait until trump gets in so he builds this wall so we don't have to worry about them

• Yes it will work ask china and berlin

Yes it will work because they are really stupid and retarded it is worth the money and they wont take MAH JOBS and eat my corn straight out of the field them savages steallin mah corn straight of the mother flippin cob go back to spain across the ocean. Go

• No it wont

I am saddened to see so many posts that are filled with hate. People coming across the border only take jobs that lazy people don't want to do. They are good people that just want a good family life like we all do. It is time we all loved each other no matter what the results of the election were.

• It Won't Solve the Problem It Is Intended to Fix

Getting across the border is a dangerous process already, so those willing to try making that crossing before the wall is built will still try it after the wall is there. Adding a wall creates a barrier that initially might make it harder to cross, but soon tunnels and tall ladders can overcome any wall. Drugs can be thrown over the wall to awaiting criminals. Point is, people are naïve if they think a wall will make any difference. Trump's wall, like his Muslim ban, are symbolic statements of racism that cannot be implemented successfully and would not solve the problems he says they will solve, even if they could be implemented. The Wall would never be approved, and statistics show that more illegal immigrants are now going back to Mexico for jobs that America has exported there. The problem isn't leaky boarders. The problem is the Mexican economy, which is now growing and drawing its people back into their country. The Wall is a stupid idea from the simple mind of an egotistical man.

• Your just going to make the problem worse than it already is!

The people who are coming in are just trying to get away from whatever they need to get away from! If you build a wall they are not going to like that! What if one of them decides that they want to start a rebellion and then you have that to deal with! By building this said "wall" your going to make this whole problem so much worse. I say that we need our troops to go over there and see what's wrong, fix the problem, send the people back, then that way we won't have this issue anymore.

• Hi hi hi

Hi hi hi hi hih hi hi hih hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi ih ihi ihi ih ih ih ihi the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the th the the the the the the the the the the

• No. Is not a solution.

Wall don't stop all illegal immigrants. If they wanted to cross they will think of a way like climbing. Building 2000miles wall will oat around 10 billions and you need to patrol and guard the wall which will increase wall. Lastly say what if Mexico economic raise in future and US need to collaborate and trading with them or build train. Tear down the wall? Building wall to surround yourself is like putting your self in a cage.

• Not a solution

Wall is not going to stop the problem. If they really wanted to cross they will figure out a way to climb. Unless you have patrol which will increase cost. Building 2000miles wall might cost around 10 billions? What happen after many years, when Mexico economic raise and US need to do trade with Mexico or build a train. So they are going to tear down the wall? Building a wall surrounding the country is like putting yourself in a cage.

• Not a solution

• Where is the manpower to guard the fence coming from?

If a fence is built across four states, how is the U.S., who is already 19 trillion plus in debt, going to man a fence of that length. Also, how is such fence going to be paid for in the first place, what about upkeep? Who is going to pay and man this so called fence?

• Just won't do the job and Mexico won't pay for it.

Tunnels, ladders, explosives, boat trips to north of San Diego are some of the methods that can be used to defeat a wall. Perhaps even drone trips over the wall. The Congressional Research Service estimates it will cost $49 billion for a 700 mile fence over a 25 year period. But the border is 1,900 miles. Does anyone really believe Mexico would pay for it?

• Stop all forms of illegal entery including overstaying visas

A wall will help but other measures need to be taken to stop entery into America. It is a war in a way they need to be tougher on them so more immigrants will go home many are over staying their visas birthing children and taking them back to Mexico and claiming the children on their taxes as dependants when the children are not even residing in America anymore. They break the law in many ways. It is a real problem. We to control our border and make it very tougher so more immigrants will go back to Mexico.