Will a worldwide ban on smoking improve the quality of life for all?

• Smoking Chokes Health Care Systems

Smoking and its detrimental health effects have clogged a health care system ill-equipped to handle the number of heart attacks and lung disease deaths. Especially in America, there is no excuse for people to smoke. Tobacco planters can turn to growing corn or soybeans. Smokers can spend money on food or getting an education. The money saved from health care costs alone can buy a house or two.

• It could make it worse

I am not, nor have I ever been a smoker. So, I really can not say I can relate to people who are being forced to go without their nicotine. I think if they completely ban smoking, it could make matters worse as smokers are 100% forced to live without it.

• No, a worldwide ban on smoking would not improve the quality of life.

Many people enjoy to smoke, and they would be devastated to no longer be able to smoke. I do not think that a worldwide ban on smoking would go over too well with those people. It is not possible to please everyone, so we should try to inhabit the world together on the issue and make compromises.

• No, a worldwide ban on smoking will not improve the quality of life for all.

No, I do not believe that a worldwide ban on smoking will not improve the quality of life for all. First of all like with drugs, people will still find a way to smoke. And even though second hand smoke does kill, most places have banned smoking in public places so people who are around smokers choose to do so.

• Total bans usually end up in failure

No, banning smoking worldwide would not improve the quality of life. When things are banned people tend to seek them out even more, such as when alcohol was illegal, it was dangerous than when it was readily available. Banning smoking may help in some ways, but smoking is not the only problem that is degrading the quality of life. We have to consider obesity, processed foods, and pollution.