Will Asia become more powerful than the Western World in 2100?

Asked by: neso
  • The Western World

Europe is considered to be in the Western World. If you see in a only 2 continents lie to the West. The rate in which these continents are growing is far low than Asia's, where China is leading the growth. At present I agree that North and South America is more powerful than Asia, but I think that'll change within a few decades

Posted by: arav
  • Depends on what you mean by the West

Britain and Denmark never really became important through honest means. They got important through conquest and exploiting conquered people. Italy, Germany, Japan got through the top through innovation, hard work, invention, things like that. The West, used negatively, is almost always towards Northern Europe. This isn't to say all Scandinavians are bad.

• Asia (mostly China) will pass America Economically

China will pass the US at the largest economy in the world. As you probably know, Brazil, Russia, India and China, also known as BRIC's, is going to economically, and politically increase while USA is probably going to go down economically. USA is starting to lose their strength but BRIC's are increasing.

• It isn't just about China and India

As we can see today all of Asia is growing rapidly this is very apparent for Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines and add to that a very huge and competitive population that strives hard to bring themselves up... So it seems that Asia is likely to be more powerful than the West in less than a hundred years.

• History repeats itself

If u look at history from a longer perspective, China has been the dominant power for much of the last 5000 plus years. US will have its moments but China is not going away any time soon either. If US is able to last thousands of years too, then I believe the relative dominance will fluctuate. Current momentum says that China will be on top in 2100 even by the modest extrapolations.

• India and CHINA

There are many regions that asia become more powerful
    1. Favourable demographic dividend especial India
    2. Both are the world largest economy even today
    3. Good sources of future energy espicial geothermal, nuclear, Biomass etc.
    4. Political stablity in both nation
    5. Both are the members of the powerful clubs

• India and CHINA

4. Political stablity in both nation

• Yes I think so

D I agree with most of the people here. Asia has about 60% of the worlds population and most of the economic activity takes place in Asia. At the same time the ageing population in the west is having somewhat negative affects on their economies. The countries in the west have less people working then retirees and this will just grow into massive problems. Most of Asia is on the top already and they have the largest economic growth. The western world is slowly getting more dependent on Asia. Plus most of the western world is where they are today because of conquest, imperialism and stealing resources. Britain wouldn't have made it this far if they didn't colonize all these pieces of land around the world and had taken their resources

• Asia will surpass the western world

I agree with most of the people here. Asia has about 60% of the worlds population and most of the economic activity takes place in Asia. At the same time the ageing population in the west is having somewhat negative affects on their economies. The countries in the west have less people working then retirees and this will just grow into massive problems. Most of Asia is on the top already and they have the largest economic growth. The western world is slowly getting more dependent on Asia. Plus most of the western world is where they are today because of conquest, imperialism and stealing resources. Britain wouldn't have made it this far if they didn't colonize all these pieces of land around the world and had taken their resources.

• Hhwhwh bb g

Hhdhdhhdhdhfhfhrhrhrhfhrhrbf f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f t t t t t t t t t t r r r t. T t t t t. T t t t t t t t. T t t t

• Major Human Groups.

China, 2300 million people, 16 million sq km land

India, 1800 million people, 5 million sq km land

Africa, 1100 million people, 22 million sq km land

America, 1100 million people, 50 million sq km land

Europe, 750 million people, 23 million sq km land

Middle East, 600 million people, 18 million sq km land
    ------------------------

China - East Asia, Southeast Asia

India - South Asia

Africa - Sub Sahara Africa

America - North America, South America, Australia

Europe - Europe, North Asia

Middle East - West Asia, Central Asia, North Africa

• Economic power will be evenly distributed.

I highly doubt that any part of the world by 2100 will be significantly more powerful than any other part of the world. I predict by then that enough countries will have modernized their infrastructure and made use of their natural resources in a way that maximizes income and evens out global deficits.

• I don't think so.

I think the influence of the Western world might decline, but it's not necessarily true that Asia will thus become more powerful. We are increasingly becoming interconnected and the lines between nations are blurring, and I think this will only happen more as the years go on and we reach 2100.

• No, not that early, at least.

Asia is powerful and becoming more powerful, and it seems the Western World is not up to its speed in some areas, but I don't believe that by the mere year of 2100 that Asia will be more powerful than the Western World. Certainly they have higher populations and more disciplined populations and there is strength in that that the Western world would find foreign, but the Western World is a superpower and will not lose it's strength in such a short time, if at all.

• I don't think so.

• No, not that early, at least.