• Endless growth on a world of finite resources is impossible,

Yet that is required for the establishment in which we have entrenched ourselves. A few wealthy people control our lives through debt, the law, the media, and other mind numbing diversions. Instead of cooperation, we have established competition. Artificial borders divide people who could be cooperating. Profit as the primary objective teaches people to consume and pollute in excess, and prey on others when profitable. We know these things, but it is not profitable to act accordingly.

Following our current trajectory will unravel the Earth's ecosystems and deplete its natural resources sooner than most care to admit.

We do not need to hope for some new technology or divine intervention. We need only intelligently apply current scientific knowledge and technology to produce abundance for everyone. It seems to me that the best way to achieve this by implementing a Resource-Based Economy as proposed by The Venus Project.

Www.Thevenusproject.Com

• Armageddon will occur, which side will you be on?

It's been told since the Bible was created that eventually the apocalypse occurs, and man, aided by the Anti Christ, destroys itself. It's a given. It seems to be happening shortly, possibly in the next 50 years, but we don't know for sure. Watch to see if the Jewish temple is being rebuilt.

• Watching from a distance

Humanity has been around for a few hundred thousand years, give or take. However when you bring it down to the basics you still have people murdering and raping, abusing, whatever they can get away with if, if they think they can get away with it. You as a species are not as advanced as you think. If you develop a new technology, the first thing you think of is can we use it against other people as a weapon!

I do not hold much hope for humanity, I see the aggressors holding the power, and the people more than capable of taking control mindlessly sitting back and allowing it to happen. It really concerns me. You are capable of so much yet you do so little. If anyone of importance is reading this please for the sake of your planet do something. Your world is truly beautiful and you as a species are capable of such wonders. Do something before it's gone forever.

• Lack of altruism, the reality of who we are.

Humans in the 21st century champion capitalism, a system whereby the wealthy few do everything in their power to squeeze profit from the masses, the masses prey on each other, their aim in life is to make profit from each other, rather than give, to help their fellow man. This system of selfishness is destroying the planet, and is revealing humans to be what they are. Human history is filled with cruelty to millions of people and animals. Factory farming is monsterous and people who know that the packaged meat they buy from their supermarket is parts of animals reared in horrible suffering, they just don't care. The institution that has grown around Jesus, who preached altruism, compassion, (whether or not one believes the supernatural part of his philosophy) his institution is also monsterous; the wealth they have could alleviate poverty, BUT they don't. This in short is who humans are. Yes there are examples of decency, but just look at the the masses and what they do.

• Greed has no limits

Nuclear. Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Chernobyl, Fukushima and now you have less responsible countries like IRAN creating NUCLEAR weapons. Only a matter of time before we create a more dangerous technology that will spread like a virus. There are many ways which humanity can manifest its greed, selfishness and corruption. One of these ways is the path to obliteration.

• We need to change our habits

I think earth should stop with the habits of war and come to sense that we are one species. We should get rid with religion because science is proving the non exstisence of a god. We need to get clean energy. Also we should stop all co2 emissions and clean the world. We should spend alot in science and think of the future instead of the present

• Greedy shepherds and willing lambs.

Nationalism, religion, energy and central banks used by the important few to increase their power with help of media under their control and politicians on their payroll. Progress is grinding to a halt, the important few are ready to do battle. 50 years at the most.

Can the common man open his eyes in time? History predicts we have little hope

• Yes - If We Don't Get A Grip on Our Hatefulness

Yes, humanity will destroy itself. Right now our society is based on greed and amassing more wealth. Most people are in a hurry and on edge 24/7, with snarls and cursing if anyone gets in their way or does not move fast enough. Watch the lines in the grocery store checkouts, the lines at the fast food drive through, the lines at the bank, the people in Laundromats, and most drivers – you will see people getting angry, swearing at others, abandoning their grocery carts and sometimes forcing cars off the road. There is very little kindness and politeness left in the world today, very little concern for other people. As we become more self-centered and self-important, we seem to care less and less how we treat other people. These attitudes will continue spreading like a cancerous growth until we finally destroy one another completely.

• Yes, at some future point.

Although we could perish in a large disaster, such as a giant asteroid strike, chances are that our own short sightedness will be our demise. It is easy to imagine a nuclear holocaust or a bioterrorism event wiping out the population, and these would be caused by humanity and its arrogance.

• The Way.

Yes, the way we are going, humanity will destroy itself. I think even if we tried our best, the way we live destroys our universe, our planet included. So one day, yes we will destroy ourselves and everything that we know. I don't think that there is any way to avoid that.

• No it will not.

Humans throughout thousands of years have thought that humanity was going to destroy itself. In fact a Babylonian tablet from 2800 BC stated:
    The world must be coming to an end. Children no longer obey their parents and every man wants to write a book.
    This was said 4000 or so years ago. So by definition, we should have already destroyed ourselves by now.
    Http://www.Bartleby.Com/73/456.Html

• It's our decision.

In the 21st Century, the human race has come far. You can liken it to a boy becoming a man on his 21st birthday. The technology exists or is being developed that will enable humans to live long and prosperous lives in a sustainable way. We also have or are developing the technology to leave our planet and explore others. To insure against existential risks to humanity on Earth (like asteroids), we will need to colonize other planets and moons.

Today, mankind is only beginning to fully realize his potential, and we've been doing it

• This is a tough one but I think not

Although I think mankind is stupid, destructive, arrogant and ignorant, it would take a premeditated and concerted effort to wipe us out. But this does not mean vast numbers of us won't be killed. This is happening all the time.
    I think there will be a nuclear war in the coming 20 years though.

• Humanity Will Not Destroy Itself.

It is my opinion that humanity will not destroy itself. Humanity has made many mistakes that have not been in its best interest. These mistakes have led to wars, strife and actions that have hurt the environment. It is my opinion, however, that humanity is becoming increasingly aware of the disastrous effects of its past actions. Many people are beginning to wake up and take action to correct these mistakes. They are realizing that by working together and helping each other it is possible to create a better world. There are many more groups now that are dedicated to helping others, saving the environment and bettering life for this and future generations. I believe that humanity is fully capable of avoiding apocalyptic predictions through working together and moving from being a society of "me" to a society of "we."

• We need to to focus on how to fix it

Remember,we are still young,we have much to learn,and there is still goodness in all of us. So not all of us can be judged in the same category,Canadians and American's along with other people on the planet are still working to make earth better,but there are still those in foreign countries still barbaric in domination like the terrorist group who kidnapped the girls in Africa believing western education is a sin. But this is not a world of survival of the fittest anymore,we've all evolved from the days of the cavemen,and we all need to focus more on how the world can be made better,and not just sit by and let it rot.

• We need to to focus on how to fix it

• Humanity will NOT destroy itself

It just doesn't make sense. The ozone layer is rebuilding, and has lower chances of being destroyed again. Global warming is drastically lowering. The world is as safe as can be. So far, we can only be destroyed by the sun when/if it explodes. But that's 5 billion years from now, and by then, we'll most likely be on other planets and be evacuating Earth so everybody can survive.

• Near extinction, but no quite.

I believe we are on the brink of over population. Too many people and too many companies exploiting our natural resource heritage for profit and greed. It is scientifically unsustainable and needs to be reversed quickly, but based on the amount of progress we haven't made i can only conclude that some point in the next century the population will crash back down to levels similar to the medieval numbers. Our planet will recover over time in our absence.

• I keep hoping for this species. Once they learn to stop killing, they will advance.

Probably in vain but, having died and been at the doorway, I know our true being (created by the Creator)never dies. We will shed and evolve which has been incredibly enjoyable, to live all those different lives and to have chosen which way you want to go.(even though while in this mortal body it may not seem so enjoyable) Closer or further away from benevolent love. The true power. The Creator (for lack of any language or words) Love, mercy, forgiveness and change, banishes all darkness. Love dissolves fear, pain,misery and creates beauty, peace, and tranquility. Light is the most beautiful in the darkness. The beings who have chosen the path away from love cannot fathom this on such a very deep level, and I feel sadness for them. But hey it was your choice. We are all created by the same force. Which side are you on? Where will you go after this life?
    As for Humans? Well, I have seen enough of their killing, selfishness and greed. But, I have also seen how much Love and compassion the good souls have brought in. John Lennon for one, and the many nameless others, in this life. All good souls ( we all mess up) and make mistakes but, in the end, it is what you have been motivated by, and what you decided to do. Help, or hurt. Let live, or kill. Love or hate. This is by far is one of the most beautiful planets ever created. The animals and all other life forms are sacred, and I stare in amazement at all the tragic killing of these innocent, incredibly beautiful beings. The greedy war mongers, and supposedly brilliant bankers have chosen. They will be very anguished, and will exist in a horrible, torturous place. As a afterlife being. It is really, really much worse than any torture here as a human. A dark pit of despair, being gnawed at the constant reminders that YOU made those choices. It will seem endless. But since you cannot die...Ever seen Scrooge?
    So, basically each one of us chooses where we want to end up. To the bankers and war mongers. You can be with adolf, bush, cheney, and johnson. Or step up, and be with Jesus, Krishna, John, Bobby, and Martin, Moses, Mohammed. All the awesome beings. The choice is all yours. Be good, or not. You may not want to exist in a hell you created. And you might not like being reincarnated as a NewYork city sewer rat, and have to start evolving from there all over again. See you on the other side:)

• I hope we don't

For a long time I believed that we would and was focusing on how I could stop it, but now I have a different thought, an optimistic thought which makes me smile, and fills me with hope, and that even though we are all stupid human beings we work together not as an individual effort but as the majority changing the tide of the world for the better.