• Endless growth on a world of finite resources is impossible,

Yet that is required for the establishment in which we have entrenched ourselves. A few wealthy people control our lives through debt, the law, the media, and other mind numbing diversions. Instead of cooperation, we have established competition. Artificial borders divide people who could be cooperating. Profit as the primary objective teaches people to consume and pollute in excess, and prey on others when profitable. We know these things, but it is not profitable to act accordingly.

Following our current trajectory will unravel the Earth's ecosystems and deplete its natural resources sooner than most care to admit.

We do not need to hope for some new technology or divine intervention. We need only intelligently apply current scientific knowledge and technology to produce abundance for everyone. It seems to me that the best way to achieve this by implementing a Resource-Based Economy as proposed by The Venus Project.

Www.Thevenusproject.Com

• Armageddon will occur, which side will you be on?

It's been told since the Bible was created that eventually the apocalypse occurs, and man, aided by the Anti Christ, destroys itself. It's a given. It seems to be happening shortly, possibly in the next 50 years, but we don't know for sure. Watch to see if the Jewish temple is being rebuilt.

• Watching from a distance

Humanity has been around for a few hundred thousand years, give or take. However when you bring it down to the basics you still have people murdering and raping, abusing, whatever they can get away with if, if they think they can get away with it. You as a species are not as advanced as you think. If you develop a new technology, the first thing you think of is can we use it against other people as a weapon!

I do not hold much hope for humanity, I see the aggressors holding the power, and the people more than capable of taking control mindlessly sitting back and allowing it to happen. It really concerns me. You are capable of so much yet you do so little. If anyone of importance is reading this please for the sake of your planet do something. Your world is truly beautiful and you as a species are capable of such wonders. Do something before it's gone forever.

• Lack of altruism, the reality of who we are.

Humans in the 21st century champion capitalism, a system whereby the wealthy few do everything in their power to squeeze profit from the masses, the masses prey on each other, their aim in life is to make profit from each other, rather than give, to help their fellow man. This system of selfishness is destroying the planet, and is revealing humans to be what they are. Human history is filled with cruelty to millions of people and animals. Factory farming is monsterous and people who know that the packaged meat they buy from their supermarket is parts of animals reared in horrible suffering, they just don't care. The institution that has grown around Jesus, who preached altruism, compassion, (whether or not one believes the supernatural part of his philosophy) his institution is also monsterous; the wealth they have could alleviate poverty, BUT they don't. This in short is who humans are. Yes there are examples of decency, but just look at the the masses and what they do.

• Greed has no limits

Nuclear. Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Chernobyl, Fukushima and now you have less responsible countries like IRAN creating NUCLEAR weapons. Only a matter of time before we create a more dangerous technology that will spread like a virus. There are many ways which humanity can manifest its greed, selfishness and corruption. One of these ways is the path to obliteration.

• We need to change our habits

I think earth should stop with the habits of war and come to sense that we are one species. We should get rid with religion because science is proving the non exstisence of a god. We need to get clean energy. Also we should stop all co2 emissions and clean the world. We should spend alot in science and think of the future instead of the present

• Greedy shepherds and willing lambs.

Nationalism, religion, energy and central banks used by the important few to increase their power with help of media under their control and politicians on their payroll. Progress is grinding to a halt, the important few are ready to do battle. 50 years at the most.

Can the common man open his eyes in time? History predicts we have little hope

• Yes - If We Don't Get A Grip on Our Hatefulness

Yes, humanity will destroy itself. Right now our society is based on greed and amassing more wealth. Most people are in a hurry and on edge 24/7, with snarls and cursing if anyone gets in their way or does not move fast enough. Watch the lines in the grocery store checkouts, the lines at the fast food drive through, the lines at the bank, the people in Laundromats, and most drivers – you will see people getting angry, swearing at others, abandoning their grocery carts and sometimes forcing cars off the road. There is very little kindness and politeness left in the world today, very little concern for other people. As we become more self-centered and self-important, we seem to care less and less how we treat other people. These attitudes will continue spreading like a cancerous growth until we finally destroy one another completely.

• Yes, at some future point.

Although we could perish in a large disaster, such as a giant asteroid strike, chances are that our own short sightedness will be our demise. It is easy to imagine a nuclear holocaust or a bioterrorism event wiping out the population, and these would be caused by humanity and its arrogance.

• The Way.

Yes, the way we are going, humanity will destroy itself. I think even if we tried our best, the way we live destroys our universe, our planet included. So one day, yes we will destroy ourselves and everything that we know. I don't think that there is any way to avoid that.

• No it will not.

Humans throughout thousands of years have thought that humanity was going to destroy itself. In fact a Babylonian tablet from 2800 BC stated:
    The world must be coming to an end. Children no longer obey their parents and every man wants to write a book.
    This was said 4000 or so years ago. So by definition, we should have already destroyed ourselves by now.
    Http://www.Bartleby.Com/73/456.Html

• It's our decision.

In the 21st Century, the human race has come far. You can liken it to a boy becoming a man on his 21st birthday. The technology exists or is being developed that will enable humans to live long and prosperous lives in a sustainable way. We also have or are developing the technology to leave our planet and explore others. To insure against existential risks to humanity on Earth (like asteroids), we will need to colonize other planets and moons.

Today, mankind is only beginning to fully realize his potential, and we've been doing it

• This is a tough one but I think not

Although I think mankind is stupid, destructive, arrogant and ignorant, it would take a premeditated and concerted effort to wipe us out. But this does not mean vast numbers of us won't be killed. This is happening all the time.
    I think there will be a nuclear war in the coming 20 years though.

• Humanity Will Not Destroy Itself.

It is my opinion that humanity will not destroy itself. Humanity has made many mistakes that have not been in its best interest. These mistakes have led to wars, strife and actions that have hurt the environment. It is my opinion, however, that humanity is becoming increasingly aware of the disastrous effects of its past actions. Many people are beginning to wake up and take action to correct these mistakes. They are realizing that by working together and helping each other it is possible to create a better world. There are many more groups now that are dedicated to helping others, saving the environment and bettering life for this and future generations. I believe that humanity is fully capable of avoiding apocalyptic predictions through working together and moving from being a society of "me" to a society of "we."

• We need to to focus on how to fix it

Remember,we are still young,we have much to learn,and there is still goodness in all of us. So not all of us can be judged in the same category,Canadians and American's along with other people on the planet are still working to make earth better,but there are still those in foreign countries still barbaric in domination like the terrorist group who kidnapped the girls in Africa believing western education is a sin. But this is not a world of survival of the fittest anymore,we've all evolved from the days of the cavemen,and we all need to focus more on how the world can be made better,and not just sit by and let it rot.

• We need to to focus on how to fix it

• Humanity will NOT destroy itself

It just doesn't make sense. The ozone layer is rebuilding, and has lower chances of being destroyed again. Global warming is drastically lowering. The world is as safe as can be. So far, we can only be destroyed by the sun when/if it explodes. But that's 5 billion years from now, and by then, we'll most likely be on other planets and be evacuating Earth so everybody can survive.

• I think all life forms have a tendency towards homeostasis

Even if it is a rocky road, I think all life forms have an innate need towards balance because survival is so important. It may not look like that but a majority of us aren't running around contemplating our deepest needs, just surficial ones. Deep down though, genetics are wired to live as fruitfullly as possible, that is how life is supposed to be. Death is a rather quick process in comparison to life, go figure. :)

• Don't give up, it doesn't really matter

Well, what else can we do. What we really need is not asking wether or not we'll kill ouselves but much rather how we will keep the world spinning for us and others. We cannot know what lies ahead, of course, we can give up and embrace nothingness but what is the point of it all?
    Also I find it funny how many state the reason of desrtruction as being some sort of war, natural desaster or the belief that human behaviour in society is linear and unchangeable. The most likely cause of destruction is the environmental impact and eradication of the global ecosystem, an asteroid strike is a second concern. Even if htat asteroid hits, we wouldn't make it until then if we belive we'll die anyways. The pessimistic can commit to their apatheti beliefs, but I believe, that the genral tendency is that humanity can very well decide on it's fate and as long as the world is still spinning we should act like it will still tomorrow and work with a plan in mind.
    In th end the pessimism is just suicide if it is thought to it's purest form. So I wouldn't even bother asking wether or not humanity will perish but rather how long it will keep going an exploring the weird phenomenon known to it's affected as "life".

• We fulfill our own destiny indipendant of the existance of God.We make the difference,we do not know God,nor presume,we hope.

Hope,hope for one's self,the hope that I can only improve my life,live a good or Godly life.It all comes down to me,the individual,I must only look at my-self.I can not judje the world for I am not God.Only a God can predetermine and/or predict the future,how can I.I can not judje things which are greater then me,I can not be a pesamist,I am not a know it all.I do not know nor pretend to know.The news is irrelevant and general,nobody knows the specifics or the details.It is all a lie to make people miserable.The news tells only the negative side of life.I guess thats what sells.