• India will be devolped!!!

India is not too far from being the top 10 countries in Asia.Our economy is almost the third in the world.In about 10 to 15 years we will be devolped.We have a huge population we have to be devolped for more space and for funtime places like the U.S does.

• We must give India time:

India will be developed. It takes time.
    Let me give examples: The declaration of US independence was proclaimed in 1776, but it became a powerful economy only at the turn of the 19th century. Moreover, Women got their voting rights as late as the 1920s.
    The Magna Carta of Britain began in 1215, but it became the creditor the world not before the 17th-18th century.
    Therefore, we must give India some time.
    Although Japan has developed at a terrific rate post 2nd World War, we must not forget that the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not destroy the Japanese culture and the Empire of Japan had done some seriously good work before that.
    However, India, which once used to be a Golden Bird, has been looted and plundered over the last millennium. Moreover, the British struck a deadly blow to the Indian culture.
    Finally, Indians are awakening. If we can control our population, we can say with complete assurance that India will be world leader. -- Abhishek Anand

• Change is already there

The Indians are now getting proper education from childhood. Tension with neighbors is expected to end soon ( Pakistan, China ). In case people like Arvind Kejriwal actually gets elected and work in favor of the development then there is no reason why India won't shine in next 10 years.

• Of course Yes

We already are, if you look at it through the eyes of an optimist.
    We never will be, if you look at it through the eyes of a cynic. We have developed substantially from in the past decade.
    Things are much better than what they ever used to be. There are lot of things that need fixing, and some sections of society have been left out of development.

• India will be a great country

I am sure India will become one of the best developed countries in the world. India is growing very quickly. The Indian economy will be no.1 in 2050. India will be the best urbanized country. The government is working for it. It will be possible in 2020. India is the greatest country.The greatest country.

• Excellent potential for growth and improvement

India has excellent potential to become a developed country. Lots of resources - both natural and human. Lots of lazy, corrupt and narrow minded people around as well.
    India can become developed if:
    1. Governance is improved
    2. Government is made accountable and transparent
    3. Setup an anti-corruption bureau
    4. Achieve 100% education
    5. Invest in infrastructure, mainly roads, ports and power
    6. Invest in R&D especially in alternate and renewable energy sources
    7. Reduce import of crude oil and gold
    8. Promote national integration and unity
    9. Strong rules against discrimination of any kind,
    10. Strong rules for protection of women (any person for that matter)
    11. Fast track judicial procedures

I hope my dream of seeing India become a developed country comes true in my lifetime.

• India is already developed

India is developed surely because you see china people say it is a developed country but once I read in newspaper that china villages are more developed tha India! I could not believe that but when I saw the picture I understood how china is. The school there looked like it would fall today or tomorrow and it was built few years before! After seeing that I felt India is better! You?

• Its developing day by day

India is developing day by day and major factors for development which are education and poverty is vanishing so i hope it will get developed till 2020 till now the poverty rate has declined to 22% from 30% in 2009 and literacy rate has been raised to 74% from 64% in 2000. It should be developed by the end of this decade

• India - bright future

India will become a developed nation by 2020 as estimated but according to me it might take a bit longer. But India has the potential to become a superpower.It has a large population and we have fast growing cities.Our Bangalore IT is second to USA . India has largest number of universities , education centres , etc . India is in the top 10 military forces of the world with top 5 air force ... India also is a nuclear power .

• Time is required.

India will become a developed nation. Its wrong to compare India to the U.S because U.S and other European countries became independent hundreds of years ago. India is relatively a young country. New policies to counter corruption and population control are required. People are just waiting for a change. They should bring the change themselves. It is very narrow minded to say India will never become a developed nation. You shouldn't lose hope.

• My answer is no.

India can never be a developed country because of its people.Indians don't have civic sense.You can see many of them pooing on roads and also shitting on it.This is due to their selfishness(mainly).They think that keeping their house clean is enough.They don't think that road,buses,trains & all other public places are their responsibility.Also the main reason is ,they always compare themselves to Pakistan(which is even worse).As India is richer than Pakistan,they think that this development is enough(i'm talking about the people).The government is also the worst and corrupted.So corrupted that they won't even spare the budget for military & science.Due to this Indian army though winning war(s) against Pakistan,lost many Soldiers.Inspite of being this corrupted people in India made these politicians deities(Let's not bring any religion into it).If you think i'm wrong search for "Sonia Gandhi temple"(Google it).The other reason for poor economy is not encouraging local entrepreneurs and companies to become global.All the educated Indians work for Microsoft,Facebook,Google,Oracle and foreign companies.What I mean is if you depend on foreign economy you can never progress.All the statistics about literacy rate is fake.I live in city called Hyderabad.During 2011 population census many people in our locality enlisted themselves as Degree holders but to be real they only knew how to read & write(in local language).I bet only 40% of population is actually "literate".Scientists in India are not at all encouraged though there have been many brilliant minds.Development can't be brought through any government policy.Only the people who made the government can bring change...

• India is culturally backward and disintegrated.

Indians are proud of their rich, diverse and ancient culture and they brag about it all the time. The truth is that their culture is a huge barricade between them and the development of their country. It's not only backward but flawed as well and people just aren't ready to accept it, Indians are narrow minded and illiterate. Indians claim to be 'United' when in fact they hate each other, northerners hate the southerners and easterners hate the westerners. Every state has it's own language and a trashy culture. India is comprised of millions of tribes that constantly fight each other.
    There's no way that Indians are gonna stand united and do something good for their country.
    They just aren't ready to change.

• Just look at the statistics

Most middle and upper class Indians, whether within or abroad, are in denial about the state of their country. Anyone who thinks India is developed has probably been watching too many Bollywood films, which falsely glamorise India with images of new cars, shopping malls, foreign holidays and rich people dancing happily. This is far from the reality, and isn’t a marker of progress or stability. I recently visited a big Indian city and found it to be a sprawling, disorganised mess. I observed a disconnect between sections of society which was both alarming and deeply painful.

In my opinion, India cannot and doesn’t want to become classified as a developed country. It is unfortunately still a backwards state going nowhere fast. The shocking vital statistics in the context of the wider international landscape, only exemplify this. Just look at any figures from the World Bank, United Nations, Unicef or the World Health Organization. These statistics include one of the highest rates of corruption in all levels of society, the existence of a massive parallel black economy, appalling infrastructure for example roads and lack of proper footpaths, widespread child malnourishment, hunger, poverty, child labour, high unemployment, illiteracy rates, total lawlessness, people still voting on the basis of religion and caste, health statistics – high prevalence of HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases, malnutrition, maternal mortality, infant mortality and morbidity, poor sanitation, virtually no waste management in urban areas, hungry animals wandering about the roads, water and electricity shortages all over the country. If you read the figures and numerous social commentaries on any of the above, the evidence is clear that it is not a developed country, and it has an awfully long way to go to become one. It is not a stable economy and if I lived there, I would want to leave and go to a developed country, where the above problems don’t exist. Yes the problems probably stem from a combination of factors including colonial exploitation, overpopulation and corruption, but this is no excuse for the chaotic mess the country is in. It is the people, who lack civic sense and social responsibility. The change has to come from within the people, for the people.

• Bad attitude of indians

According to me indians are the people with the least good manners. They have a bad attitude to anything that helps in serving others. Also india has the largest concentration of poor in the world removing poverty from such a large country is almost impossible. Another big problem is that most newly graduated students do not want to stay in india. They want to migrate to countries like australia or us or uk or canada. Despite its vast resources india has not been able to become a developed country as there is corruption in india everywhere. Indians should respect women and take pride in doing activities that contribute to the economy of the country.

• Unwillingness to change

Majority of Indians do not want to change the very basic wrong habits such as throwing anything anywhere. Indian mindset needs a huge transformation. Anger overshadows silence and peace. This snatches the power of right thinking. Change at grass root level can change India. Hope sustains life . . .

• Its the Mindset !

Its a resounding 'NO'! The answer is rather simple contrary to the mind-boggling number factors (1.5 Billion, I think) - the Indian mindset is that of me-and-only-me!!
    As long as I am the richest, the most educated, the most .......Etc. Therefore, as a Nation it cannot develop , of course you have the odd Indian who has made it big but that is an underachievement for a population of 1.5 Billion.

Bottom Line : The Indian mindset lacks the collective-benefit mentality. Therefore, as a Nation it will never develop, dosen't matter what the economists say. I have lived there - so I should know.

• Because of its population India has a low possibility of becoming a developed country

India is still has a fast growing economy. But because od really high population, it's GDP per capita is really small, and India has really bad literacy rate. And India also has problem with politics too, if India becomes a developed country, it will take many years to make it developed

• The inactiveness of politicians.

The inactiveness of politicians are causing the rate of development of our country. For example , once Dubai was a land of sand and nothing was there. But now it has become the land of buseiness and have very good system. Though India was a developing country at the time when Dubai was a deserted place it couldn't develop. Therefore I conclude my talk that India cannot be a developed nation.

• Poverty & Illiteracy

I think 60+ % of India is still poor, i don't know the number just an assumption comparing to top global economies. Following reasons supports my argument
    1. Eliminating poverty in 6 years from now isn't plausible
    2. Educating people in 6 years from now isn't plausible
    3. Providing health services in 6 years from now isn't plausible
    4. Lack of patriotic awareness

• Tradition and Culture

India will probably never be a developed country, and if it does I hope it doesn't become one with the current mindset of the population. Problems too many to list but here are some: corruption until this is sorted out India can never TRULY have a democracy, discrimination of minorities, arranged marriages with society looking down upon divorce, literacy rates, fiscal distribution of the government is all wrong, religious lunatics, and sooooo much more. I love India but I am so glad that I was not born there.