• We have a great history, had great civilizations, and our history will not stop here!

I honestly believe that for this to work however we as Mexicans need to have more faith in our government. We need to stop blaming the government for all of our problems. We live in a "democratic" republic, not a socialist one. We cannot expect the government to feed us. We cannot keep pitying ourselves and our position in the world. We need to embrace our identities. I have no doubt that some of us would sell our country out to another more shameful fate. Finally, our people need to also find the value in education and when added to Mexican tradition and culture in general we already have the foundation ready to rid ourselves of all our problems including the drug war we are fighting now. But isn't this the problem for most of our countries??? However, the colonials destroyed the Aztec empire which despite a few evils like human sacrifice was quite admirable. We have long experienced foreign occupation and suffered humiliating defeats by foreign powers. And yet we are still standing and while there are still those of us who yet believe in a brighter future worthy of the name "México" we will rise again. Of course this is just my personal opinion.

• Yes, Mexico will make a comeback.

Mexico is a wonderful place for vacations, spring break, and honeymoons. They need to get their drug activities under control, as well as the murders that have plagued them lately. I think if their government works hard and put their minds to it, Mexico can once again become the beautiful place it once was. They do need to work on their water though.

• Yes, If The USA Helps

The ongoing drug wars in Mexico can be won by the Mexican government, but they will need help. The proliferation of guns in America has lead to a lot of death, murder, and mayhem in Mexico. Both countries need to enact policies on both sides of the border that will help quell the violence.

Posted by: rpr
  • Mexico will not recover.

As sad as it makes me to say it, I believe that Mexico, as a nation, is beyond saving. It has been ravaged by the drug war and the drug terrorists for far too long. Its political institutions and businesses are rotten to the core and are beyond a recoverable state.

• I do not believe so!

Mexico is beautiful, but full of corruption. The police department and every government agency can be bought by the highest bidder. For Mexico to be a decent place to live, there needs to be an overthrough of the Mexican government. Crime in Mexico is one of the highest in the world due to drug trafficing and other hanus crimes.