Will modern technology be the downfall of mankind?

• We are being programed

Coperations want to contol us. They try to distract us with this sherade of social media trying to become their definition of "perfect" which is imposible. They are trying to make us homoginzed and make sure we don't realize their flaws. We can not allow them to control us like this.

• We are addicted to social media

Since the day when social media such as Instagram, Facebook, twitter and etc., we started to change. We are constantly addicted to our smartphones and desperately need to check on our status. I know the positive impact of social media, we get to communicate online and show pictures of their daily lives and such. I get it, I am also an addict, which is ironic. Anyway, there's a distance where I cross the line and say "stop." We are so addicted, we have to constantly take a selfie and constantly have to update every social media. It became a routine. Every ten minute, you have to turn on your phone and take almost 10 minutes to like all the pictures and comment all of them and then you are done. Then after another half an hour you do the same thing again. What a waste of time. Kids and adults these days are desperate for internet connection (If they need it) and now there are few restaurants with internet which is unnecessary. Sometimes, if our batteries die, some people can turn into a monster (Yes, it's true) and some can't live without out the social media. It's unhealthy, bad postures and some many issues related to this subject. Social media interferes without daily aspects of life. Seriously? The point here is that we should shorten the time we spend on social media and turn our phones off. I just one to say that I'm saying that social media is bad, okay?

• Without Social Media

I have been without Facebook, snap-chat, Instagram and/or any other networks for over a year now. I am a 19 year old female. I have noticed so many people that i have encountered really do not have any idea how to carry a conversation or speak over serious things as a group. Even people older then myself. The people will joke or talk about themselves other than talk together about hobbies or real life situations. When my boyfriend and I reach out to friends they decide their phone is more important than the fun things we have spent time and money on to provide. Not only have people became rude, they have lost their ability to learn because of the simple satisfaction of hand in phone contact. In my College class everyone around me plays on their phone while the instructor speaks. I have failed the same class twice and the one year i get rid of social networking, the class feels like kindergarten. Information on the internet is also false 99% of the time. The government allows all the entertainment to American citizens because it causes distraction from real life situations in effect the government gets to retaliate and do whatever they please. Technology causes laziness. Its as if laziness is a disease.. And technology is the main carrier. Once everyone is affected by the disease there is no hope because no one will care and everyone will be lazy about ANY situation at hand. For example, doctors will turn to there phones, which has 99% wrong information. Would you want that kind of Doctor working on your body? Think of this If our whole country is attached to their cell phone and some country elsewhere is readying themselves to make themselves stronger, what would happen if they tried to fight us? Another example i like to tell people is this; Say you put a rat in a cage with a cell phone, junk food, a tv and mirror. In the other cage you have a rat with a running wheel, healthy food, books and two other rats. The first cage will get fat, lazy and self absorbed. The other cage will be healthy, fast, smart and will have relationships built upon strengthening and motivating each other face to face. Now were going to set these rats free in the woods. Which one will survive longer..? Now imagine them as countries... Which one would fight better?....

• Yes and no

3rd world countries will save the common sense ones you no the ones that actually drive their own cars and not so much on relying on a computer to do the driving the third world countries always are and will be throwback players in this virtual world so don't be so mean to a homeless man he may have more common sense than the million are who brags about his car that can parrelel park

• Yes very soon everyone will be gone

Weapons, robots, media brainwashing are all reasons. Weapons: destroy you and everyone around you easily. (atomic weapons not firearms).
    Robotic technology: will be designed to hurt humans
    Media: you only see what the gov wants you to see. This world is going to hell in a handbasket and no one can see that

• This shit will be end of youmanity

Omfg this shit will it will it will it will if anybody wants to fuck and girls or guys just call (951)-527-2602 alright lets fuck guys anal or blow job ok guys im waiting for that call guys alright we need to fuck all night ok if your a girl i will suck your pussy

• Yes technology will be the end of us!!

There will come a time when something will happen and Technology will not be available. For those of you that are dependent on it, that will be your wake up call!! I choose to have survival skills and live and use common sense to deal with situations. Thank goodness I was born in a time before computers and cell phones!! Only those of us who were born in that time will understand!

• Im with y'all

Hellllllllalaaaaaaaaa yassssss hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes hellllllllalaaaaaaaaa yassssss hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes hellllllllalaaaaaaaaa yassssss hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes hellllllllalaaaaaaaaa yassssss hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes hellllllllalaaaaaaaaa yassssss hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes hellllllllalaaaaaaaaa yassssss hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes hellllllllalaaaaaaaaa yassssss hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes hellllllllalaaaaaaaaa yassssss hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes hellllllllalaaaaaaaaa yassssss hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes hellllllllalaaaaaaaaa yassssss hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes hellllllllalaaaaaaaaa yassssss hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes

• We are all robots!!!

Technology, as amazing and progressive as it is... Is the downfall of society, not only because of the pollution it ultimately creates, but the fact that it boasts social media competitiveness, especially in the younger generation, who will eventually become the working class civilians. Because of the fixation on their online world, people are letting reality slowly slip out of their grasp as they become increasingly disconnected from the real world. Eventually "real world" issues become irrelevant to them and all that matters is their ego and how good their Instagram profile looks. People will be less likely to help each other as they are too caught up in themselves. And this is how the downfall begins

• Hell to the no.

I still am adamant that technology is now a necessity and nothing to judge an entire generation on. The application of technology has advanced our standard of living, boosted every industry, led to the growth of businesses, created more careers, introduced faster modes of transportation, and allowed new ways of communication. It has changed every sector; be it medicine, tourism, education, entertainment, or any other. Technology has altered every form of life, making it easier, better, and different. Technology has changed living.
    To express this new way of living, there is an example of when I was on the Metra in Chicago, sitting across from an elderly lady. To pass by the 55 minute train ride, I pulled out my phone and started texting my mom. I admit that my nose was in my phone for a good ten minutes before I looked up, but when I did, I noticed the judgemental look from the old lady. She quickly looked away in embarrassment. Stunned, I put away my phone, and started thinking. What was I supposed to be doing in that moment, in her opinion? Should I have been walking around with my hand out, introducing myself to all the random people on the Metra? Was it really that disrespectful to prefer to talk to my mom using a smartphone than to strike up a conversation with someone who does not interest me but just so happens to be sitting next to me? I think people should be able to interact with whomever they please without being judged by people for using a smartphone to do so. This is one simple example of the never-ending judgement this generation faces everyday for using the devices we have been lucky enough to own.

• No, it is helpful.

No, modern technology will not be the downfall of mankind, because technology brings us closer together. Technology has helped people live longer than ever. Technology has helped people reach out to disaster victims and meet their needs. Other civilizations that have had technology have fallen as well. Technology is not to blame for the downfall. Civilizations rise and fall. That is history.

• Humans Are Smarter Than Their Equipment

We must always be smarter than our equipment. Modern technology won't be our downfall--it hasn't happened yet and won't happen in the future. Why? Because humankind is a master over its machines. At this moment in time, we control what machines do. Cars don't drive themselves, human doctors use tools to perform surgery and human mothers care for their babies. Humans will only destroy themselves. If machines and technology is the downfall of mankind, humans have only themselves to blame because humans create machines in the first place.

• Technology will provide amazing advances.

Every since our first ancestor figured out how to kill an animal with a sharp, pointy rock instead of his bare hands, we've been using technology. We are a technological species, and that means we depend on it to survive. Given that rather simple fact, the belief that technology will be our downfall is unsound and untrue.

• Technology saves, not destroys.

Unless we are living in the universe of the Terminator, I believe that technology will not be the downfall of mankind. I believe that technology will instead provide safety and progress for humankind all over the world. We will be able to forge new horizons with our technology in the future.

• I Doubt It

Given that nothing catastrophic happens to us in the future, I doubt technology will be the downfall of mankind. If anything, the creating of technology will one day give us the advancements to populate other planets and possibly move from this one, when it will no longer be viable. Technology may be what allows us to survive.

• Modern Technology is Helpful to Mankind

Modern technology has allowed mankind to advance in every field, including communication, medicine, transportation, environmental protection, agriculture and more. As we work together better as a global community, the rate of advancement increases because there are more people putting effort toward the development of even more helpful technologies. This trend is a positive one for society as a whole, and although not all technology is good for mankind, these helpful technologies outweigh the negative ones such as weaponry.