• Just look at Mortal Kombat 9

This series has had it's fair share of bad games but after 9 it's finally on a good start again. The media hype around this shows that this is wanted by the fans and critics alike. It will live up to past versions, mortal kombat 9 had innovative features and improved upon the almost basic violence of the originals in comparison, it can only get better . It can still improve anyone who says otherwise is not a fan of fighting games or prefer to love in the past and are blinded by nostalgia.

• Mortal Kombat X will be just as popular

Mortal Kombat has always had a wide following and due to it's shocking nature, it has a cult following. It is therefore very likely that Mortal Kombat X will be just as popular as previous versions as fans of the game will seek to try the new version and experience the latest graphics.

• Needs to top mortal kombat 9

MK 9 was an excellent game. Great story mode good gameplay and fresh ideas, from what I can see from this gameplay, it looks boring. I hope the story mode is good but I wish the next gen console would bring with it some new gameplay or some fresh cinematic gameplay... Example being streetfighter when Ryu does his special ... Why can't mortal kombat do this??

• No, I don't believe it will.

The last couple of versions of the video game have let down a lot of die hard fans. I believe this game was great on some of the earliest game consuls because of how unique the graphics were and the game seemed ahead of its time. Now technology has passed this game by and there isn't much more they can do to improve it.

• New Versions are never as good.

No, Mortal Kombat X will not be as sought after as the past versions, because the sequel is never as good as the original. They are just trying to piggy back on what was already popular. The only franchise that has been able to do that successful has been Star Wars. But Mortal Kombat X will not be able to live up to past versions.

• Sequels are only exciting for so long

There comes a point with video games, as there does with movies, where remakes and sequels become unexciting and boring. Mortal Kombat X will do well, but the originals were somewhat of classics; when comparisons are made between the old and the new, odds are that the new will tend pale in comparison.