Will Obama turn the U.S. into a socialist country?

• Socialism is great!

Look at Europe, the economy is just as dire as the US's, yet the people are calmer. Japan and South Korea have socialized healthcare and subsidies for education and transport...Great stuff! I do hope that Obama can change the US into a livable and likeable country through a good dose of socialism.

• Punishment for the successful

Through incentivized government dependence, decreased accountability, and an overall lack of involvement by the people of the United States, I do believe Obama will turn us to the path so many of us fear. Yet as a country we allow it to happen. We must educate our children of the dangers of ideologies from the progressive left, along with our standing together and defending what has made this country great. Take the battle to them, don't roll over like a dog that has been beaten by his master. We are free men and I intend to retain my freedom at all costs.

• He is already transforming America like he promised. To a socialist country.

ObamaCare mandated laws that they knew would force American citizens by the millions to lose their health insurance. It was an intended consequence to force people onto the exchanges and fund this monstrosity. 1/6 of the American economy will now be controlled by our government. Our privacy with it.

ObamaCare is double to triple the cost of your old monthly premium. It has a high deductible of 80-70% . A yearly deductible from 1-8k a year depending on your plan plus a co-pay. In essence every plan has the above unless you can afford to buy the platinum plan in which then you can skip all this crap and pay a hefty premium per month of at least $900 and upwards.

The bronze plan is the most affordable at $550 per month. It has all the above horrible deductibles
    and does not cover hardly anything and hits the 8k deductible (if not more) then your covered at 70% so your paying that extra 30% plus your copay. Most hospital and doctors will not take ObamaCare at it pays as much as Medicare/Medicaid.

If your thinking ObamaCare subsidy you need to make less then 32k per year for a family of four.
    He has just destroyed the middle class who cannot pay these enormous fee or his forced penalty fee. He has literally killed the middle class with this so that we are all poor.

• Look around you...

America is slowly but surely turning into a socialist/police state. FEMA preparations in region 3, forced home searches, Russian troops on American soil, the patriot act, the gun laws, the list just goes on. I think it'll start off with martial law first, and after that riots will just break out everywhere. I think that's what FEMA has been preparing for, if you don't believe me do your own research and explain to me why they've had millions of bullets ordered to region 3

• We are becoming socialist.

We could soon lose our right to bear arms. Security cameras are being installed everywhere. We've been distracted pretty good from this tyrannical plot. All the news (except Benghazi and the IRS scandal) recently has been about stupid things like JB's new single (common example). We are becoming a socialist nation. I named only a few.

• Redistribution, removal of gun-rights, and dependence on Federal Government.

Everything that he has passed has had something to do with redistribution of wealth (Obamacare, allowing food stamps for illegal immigrants, etc.). Mainly this is the focus of a communist society but the main difference is that a communism redistributes through the use of military force and dependence upon federal government. If you look at what has happened with the debate over gun-control you can see where this is beginning to take shape. Will he do it? No, but he is the one laying the foundation for the next democratic candidate to do so. He has a following of idiots who will do whatever he says and agree no matter whether he is right or wrong and whoever he endorses will be our next president. It's a choice, do you want to be free and have the right to chose your own destiny or let the government feed, clothe, and house you and sacrifice all of your freedoms?

• It's What He Wants!

That has been his plan all along. If you look at his track record, nearly everything he has done has been to push us toward becoming a socialist country. I don't know if he is doing it because he is some sort of idealist and thinks he can make it work where everyone is equal or if it is for other reasons, but either way, it isn't the place I thought I would be living and raising children. If it came to that, I would definitely leave. Until then, I will stay and continue to fight for less government, not more.

• killing our country

The president has a taken a well developed free-market country, and turned it into a socialist communist country. Not trying to say helping the people in need is a bad thing but why should you take stuff from the people who work hard for their stuff and give it to the lazy. Just because you dont have a job the goverment.... Or rather i say our president gives the hard workers/tax payer's money to them. The president is just adding more to his debt!!!!

• Yes, Obama will turn the U.S. into a socialist country

I strongly believe Obama will turn he U.S. into a socialist Country. This appears to of been his goal from the very beginning, and he was only waiting to get re elected to finally go through with it. I think it would be a very bad idea and won't improve the country.

• Country is broke

No jobs for our economy and he has had nearly 4 /12 years to fix it. He isn't. He is Muslim too. He wants our country to be poor and look like Pakistan. Uprising in those countries are caused by unemployment and they need money. He is just no good and I will be glad when he is gone for good...His history won't b nice to him for sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• I truly wish he would:(

First let me start off by saying I am a Communist and yes I live in the United States. Unfortunately, Obama is FAR from Socialism let alone Communism. To prove it he would have already destroyed the class warfare that continues to go on in this country. He is indeed one of the most progressive presidents this country has had in a LONG time and I would much rather have him than say that disgrace of a human named Bush, but he still represents the one thing I HATE about the United States...Capitalism!

• No, Obama will not turn the U.S. into a socialist country.

No, I don't believe that Obama will turn the U.S. into a Socialist country. There has been a push from the political right to name much of Obama's economic policies "Socialist" or "Communist", but in reality his policies have very little to do with Communism. The main support they have for this claim is Obamacare, but it isn't actually a Socialist plan by any means, it just helps the unfortunate who cannot afford healthcare get some.

• American will not turn into a socialist country

I wish he would because the UK is a socialist country and it is doing amazing along with many other countries.But it would be nice if it was a flexible socialist country.So health care could be given to you by the government if you had none.This in turn,would decrease mortality rates in the U.S and the less sick and hospitalized citizens the more people who can make a diffrence to solve economic problems
    Report Post

Report Post

Report Post

• American Corporate socialism

America is being run not by our government but by big corporation and they decide what laws are being made by buying off everyone not only at the federal level but on down to state and local levels mostly because for the love of money the greedy have completely forgot about their fellow Americans they could care less this goes for republicans and democrats alike. All bonuses , stock options and any perks should be done away with at all levels in any corporation . Let them live with just a fair and just fair hourly wage not salary and clock in so their presence is monitored also while at work.

• Bernie Sanders Will

No President Obama will not turn the country socialist. I think he should have, but without support from Congress he hasn't a chance. However if/ hopefully when Bernie Sanders is elected, he wants to ensure free public colleges, universal health care, and end massive wealth inequality. That is true socialism and it would almost certainly benefit our country hugely.

• Um it's seems people don't know what they are saying

Ummm this is a capitalist country guys.... I don't know where you getting this crazy untrue Information. The middle class is poor because of greed. Compared to other moder society's we are hella capitalist. Only the US and Papau New Guinea don't offer paid time off for moms. We still don't have universal health care which almost every other industrialized nation has. The rich have gotten richer and richer how is that socialism? Have you looked up its definition?

• The Utopia of Socialism Must be Paid for by Somebody

Free education, we have had Public Schools for a very long time. Paid for by the tax payers dollars who work!
    Free housing, we have Section 8 and many programs to put the poor into good neighborhoods and just pay what they can. Tax payer dollars pay for this.
    Free Food, we have in every city and town Free Food Banks, Food Stamps and Churches feed the poor, Soup kitchens programs run by donations, tax payer dollars and those who work.
    No parties arguing just one Central Government. Am I to believe that those people running the country will eat what we eat, educate their children where ours are educated, live in houses like we live, drive what we drive etc?
    Limited crime because everybody is happy. Really, just like that.

Bottom line in Socialist countries the taxes are so steep that people have nothing left for themselves and are forced to use what the government supplies. They don't have the freedom to pick or choose and they can't change their lives for the better. They are stuck while those governing them live free as they have always done.

As long as we have guns this won't happen.

• You don't understand socialism....

Socialism is a social and economic system characterised by social ownership of the means of production and co-operative management of the economy, as well as a political theory and movement that aims at the establishment of such a system. So, by definition, if we were pure capitalism, things like our streets, railways, bridges, etc would be privately owned, and we would only be able to afford education our parents got, and certain programs like SOCIAL security wouldn't be around. A successful democratic nation (America, England, Canada, etc) incorporates socialist and capitalist ideals where they work best. To say socialism is a "bad" or "evil" thing, is a unwarranted, unsupported claim, and you need to learn of the basis for the operation of the country. In short, if Obama did "socialize" the government, it's necessarily a bad thing.