Will Obamacare Require Insurers to Offer Coverage for Substance Abuse?

• Substance abuse coverage is standard for most health insurance.

Obamacare will require insurers to offer coverage for substance abuse. But this type of coverage isn't really anything out of the order. Some sort of substance abuse coverage is standard for many insurers. So in offering substance abuse coverage Obamacare is not offering anything that is out of the ordinary or special from traditional employer sponsored health insurance.

• Obamacare Requires Substance Abuse Coverage

Fortunately, Obamacare does require insurers to offer coverage for substance abuse. They don't have to offer this coverage for free, though. Such coverage is supplemental and costs extra money for policyholders. However, simply requiring this insurance is a big step since many insurers wouldn't offer such coverage in the past.

• Obamacare Wants to Help Addicts

The Affordable Care Act of 2010 has drug addiction and substance abuse as one of its "ten essentials" for improving the care of individuals. Aside from lower health care costs, Obamacare wants people to be free of drugs and alcohol by making access to rehab cheaper for all Americans. Drug addiction is one of the greatest maladies facing America today.

• Obamacare will require insurers to offer coverage for substance abuse.

Obamacare will require insurers to offer coverage for substance abuse. I am so glad Obama came up with something that nobody wanted and nobody can afford. During this time, he should be focusing on rebuilding the wealth in this country and not with how he can line his cabinets pockets.

• Yes it will

Obamacare will require insurers to offer coverage for people who struggle with substance abuse and it will make coverage that much more expensive. For the people who struggle with substance abuse, this new healthcare system will make them less likely to sign up for health care because it will be too expensive for most.

• No I do not think so

No I do not remember anyone saying that they will cover those types of expenses that are related to substance abuse and if I might add they should not be required to cover those types of charges because it should be covered by the person who needs the substance abuse rehab.

• It definitely should not

I have not looked too deep into this whole Obamacare epidemic; however, I was under the impression it is just for basic health care. That unfortunately, should not include substance abuse. That is what they have rehab for, and I highly doubt, or at least would be shocked, if Obamacare covered that.