Will other universities follow Raymond Burst's generous action to raise wages for minimum wage employees?

• Wages will be raised

Other universities will follow Raymond Burst's generous action to raise wages for minumum wage employees. Wages are being raised in many states around the country. Many low income employees will push for their wages to be raised as well. As long as their are people wanting their wages raised their will be places that will raise it.

• Yes, other universities will raise minimum wage.

Yes, other universities will raise minimum wage due to the recent outcry of the public. Minimum wage used to be something that you could live comfortably on, and now you cannot live at all working one Minimum wage job. I foresee many employers following suit in the relatively near future.

• Yes,I think the minimum wage movement has allot of momintum that will effect other universities.

Yes,I think the minimum wage movement has allot of momentum that will effect other universities. I believe that allot of universities will follow the lead of this one and take better care of their workers. I feel that minim wage is going to rise in allot of different sectors of the economy both public and private.

• No, not many university presidents are going to take a pay to fund raises for low paid workers

No many university presidents are in the financial position of Mr. Burst, personal net worth exceeding $100 million, and can afford to take a 25% pay cut to increase the pay of minimum wage workers on campus. Cuts in state and federal funding and the need to keep tuition have put extreme financial pressures on colleges. So unless the federal minimum wage is raised I don't expect the will salaries anytime soon.