• Yes, in the end price is king.

The concept of hiring or buying American will have a lot of pull with some Americans. However, in the current economy, the deciding factor will always be price. Even someone who would prefer to buy an American product will buy an imported one if they can get it at half the price, and businesses will continue to hire employees for the lowest wage they can manage, even if that means hiring workers from overseas.

• In a global economy, economic localization plans are not feasible.

While it makes people feel good to buy and/or hire American or locally such plans are neither feasible to sustainable in a global market. People pay lip service to the idea of supporting the country or local economy by sourcing from the US, the bottom line is that consumers will gravitate towards lower prices and lower prices are exactly the opposite of what happens when you buy or hire American exclusively. Developing nations have a lower overhead and thus their goods and services cost less than those produced in the US.

• Americans like to do their part.

Those who struggled during the recent economic downturnt and housing market collapse are motivated to do what they can to prevent that from happening again. If they believe buying American made products is going to help the economy and contribute to jobs, they will get behind a "Buy American" campaign.

• No, I don't think buy American policies will fail.

I think that while the "Buy American" policies that some places have tried to implement have not seen that much success I believe that the concept is solid and with the correct incentives and policies then these policies could be successful, I think that buying domestically benefits everyone involved in the community.