• Probably not really

I sure hope so, what does the vatican, pope, and church do other than start up young boy prostitution rings, and overall slow down the advancment and overall acceptance of rational science and keep discrimination and hate alive. We really really need to close human history's chapter on organized religion and the pope.

• I have a strong belief that Pope Fancis will be the last pope.

As our society strive forward for equality and basing our beliefs on science rather than religion of the most popular religious establishments will eventually collapse due to more people becoming less religious. As more people become less and less religious I believe that the Vatican's days are numbered, and it's only a matter of time before it collapses.

• Why does this question even exist?

There's a been a pope for over a thousand years now. You think because some people are complaining they're going to stop now? Get serious. Honestly, this a question that everyone should know the answer too, and yet there are a few whiner babies that are all like, "Oh, Catholic's suck, Oh, religion sucks and I have to bash it because I'm insecure." Seriously, be logical about this.

Posted by: O.Z
  • It didn't falter for the USSR, it won't falter for America and the EU.

The USSR, much like America and the European Union today, was adamantly anti-religious. They were a superpower of their own caliber, rivaling America and showing great prowess above the European Union. Just because the majority/party in power isn't catholic doesn't mean there are not millions who are. If every catholic took up a gun because of religious discrimination, you would know about it. As a matter of fact, you would fear it.

Now admittedly, Catholics are not as numerous as they used to be, but they still exist in great numbers. It is enough to sustain a pope after Francis, and it will sustain enough popes to last for a hundred years I'm sure.

Francis will by no means be the last pope.

• Pope Francis will not be the Vatican's last pope.

Some believe we are in the end of our times and Pope Francis is the 112th Pope, therefore predicting that he will be the last. We are not God, and only God knows when the end will come. Until that time, we will continue to have Popes. Until the church falls, we will continue to have a leader. Since Catholism has been around for so long, I don't see that happening.