• Eventually it will.

All music as it is now will fade or evolve from the mainstream media in time. Not just rap but all major categories of music now will morph or die out. Look at classical for example. While it has stood the test of time, only a handful of artists from that time period are even still heard, and even fewer people can pick out which famous groundbreaking composer created each symphony. The same goes for all music, however I feel that rap Is especially susceptible due to its strong reliance on vocals. Eventually non of the cultural references made in rap will be valid, and the category will be looked back on as a stepping stone for music. While it will probably still exist, it will be dead in the eyes of the average person.

• Yeah. . . .

Might not die but wont be as popular and that is why it will go away. . . .. . . .. . . . .. .. . . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . .. . .. .. . ... . ..

• It will eventually

Rap like any other music eventually dies. Like how 50s music and classical and heavy metal. It is just a phase, now the generation defines themselves by it and there is a pretty wide range of genres now. Rap will pass on with history. Think how some kids say that they think Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra are the best singers ever, than apply that to future kids. They will say "Snoop dogs wrote the best songs 20 years ago!" and then everyone will ignore them as they go back to listening to the next genre. Maybe something like TREBLE DRIFTING by changing the depth of sound so everything feels like an echo.

• The sound of narcissism

No rap fan will argue it's the music of pure narcissism. The whole point of the lyrics is to portray yourself as the biggest narcissist in the universe. Truth is no one loves narcissistic crap more than pampered white people. It's the most annoying thing in the world seeing a peppered lily white niricissist indulging his addiction to self entitlement by dining on the latest jay z album. Then these people explain how progressive they are because they support black culture.

• Boring bull shit!!!

Sampling real music and talking over it isn't music... It's bullshit.. Cheap produced crap for the a.D.D generation... Music label's are dead... Hiring some idiot to talk over a sample is a hell of a lot cheaper then signing a real band... Int'l the next generations of music lover's get a taste for talent and actual song writing with real lyrics... We're doomed!!!... Fuck rap...Hip hop... All of it!!!

• Terrible rap music

L o l o l o l o l o l . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .

• I can only hope

When rap came out in the early 80s it was fun and different, but their best songs still incorporated actual instrument playing into the music (Listen to Rock Box by Run DMC for example).
    The stuff that comes out today doesn't require any talent to write and all that I generally hear is over-sampled, over-processed crap that anyone with a moderate IQ can "produce" in a studio or basement. Try playing an actual instrument for once....They aren't hard to find. Listen to just about any song (it doesn't matter what genre) that came out when your parents were young if you need to know what one sounds like.

• Over popularized bullshit.

Its the worst thing ever. It makes my ears shake. I see everyone trying to rap. All of my friends are sucked in to the mix tape generation. They're all a bunch of cocky, useless pieces of shit. They let their computer make this thing they call ''music'' nowadays. I'm dead.

• Over popularized bullshit.

• Over popularized bullshit.

• Terrible rap music

• Rap was the worst thing to ever happen to music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god i'm praying that it does die...Back when rap first came along...It killed all the other types of music...So yes i hate,despise rap...I can't even call it music...So finely let us out of this 25 years of hell and pain...Die rap please die and burn in hell...Rap ssuuuxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• No way ever

Whoever thinks it will go away needs to stop. There are many intelligent rappers out there such as Kendrick Lamar and lupe fiasco and etc. I know that they won't last forever but they pass down to the next rapper. We never thought we'd hear anyone as good as biggie but then here comes eninem or Cassidy. There are different generations of rap. Late 80's 90's 00's now 10's you can tell the difference in each generation. It won't die it'll just evolve like it has been doing. One hunnid

• No way, but it needs to evolve desperately.

Rap music ain't going anywhere anytime soon. But I've heard about cars, I've heard about money, fine ladies, rags to riches, violent street tales, all that stuff a billion times and I am personally just about completely finished with it. I don't care about a rappers childish feuds or his compensation, wink, wink.

I am tired of it all, everything, and I do't care to hear more of the same when it was old when I first heard it. So it is a no. But It could diminish if it doesn't evolve. I liken it to listening to only 50s rock and roll. It's good stuff, but eventually I want to listen to the rest of rock history.

• I don't think so

It is a new form of art in the musical genre, so it won't die off completely but there might be a turn where it is not as popular anymore. Disco was popular like crazy in the sixties, but now it is hard to find but not impossible. I think it is impossible for any music to "die" because that means it wouldn't exist in the modern day. There will be some person creating that music somewhere in the world so it can't officially "die". It would be like if I died but just barely existed to walk to talk, it wouldn't be possible because I don't exist. So no, it would not die because that means completely vanish.