• Yes, tensions between China and Hong Kong will eventually go away

A central source of tension between China and Hong Kong has historically been the lack of control that the Communist Party has over the Hong Kong economy. China is becoming more and more capitalist and westernized over time. The communist roots of the modern Chinese government are fading away. As such, the economic independence of Hong Kong is becoming less relevant.

• Yes, as with all things natural and political, the tensions between China and Hong Kong will eventually end.

In my estimation, nothing lasts forever and that includes the political tensions between mainland China and the sovereign territory of Hong Kong. It is possible that the conflict will persist until both sides can reach a consensus that is mutually beneficial. Until that point, as in many other contested territories the world over, the tensions are likely to last until resolved.

• China and Hong Kong have lasting tensions

China and Hong Kong have been in conflict with each other ever since Hong Kong became such a prosperous, westernized, commercial city. Hong Kong is almost a beacon of the possibilities of capitalism around the world, and they have became very successful by accomplishing that, they have a great deal of independence. For communist China that is an act of defiance and betrayal, and they run into trade conflicts all the time.

• No, I do not think that the tensions between China and Hong Kong will end.

No, I do not think that the tensions between China and Hong Kong will end because I don't believe that China will ever grant Hong Kong its full autonomy. China is a communist nation and uses oppressive tactics to bring its citizens and the territories it controls in line when it needs to.