Will the Amish community abandon their lifestyle in future years to come?

• Not a chance

The Amish have been around since the Protestant Reformation aka a VERY long time. They have always lived by Romans 12:2, "Do not be of this world..." That phrase means do not conform. As you can clearly see, the Amish have not conformed, and as far as I can see, they won't be changing at all

• The Amish community will not abandon their lifestyle in future years to come.

The Amish community will not abandon their lifestyle in future years to come because it is how they are raised. The numbers of Amish people who choose to leave the lifestyle may increase, but there will always be Amish who choose to stay in the Amish community because it represents their values. If they are accustomed to a life without technology, many will not see the need to abandon their Amish ways for it.

• The Amish community will stick to its ways

Even though things have changed in the outside world, the Amish community will remain steadfast in its beliefs and values. The Amish have weathered many changes over the centuries and have remained true to their roots, with only a minimum of concession to modern ways. Although they will make minor concessions from time to time to adapt to the changing world around them, they will not abandon their lifestyle.

• The Amish are comitted to their lifestyle.

I do not think that the Amish community will abandon their lifestyle in future years to come. The Amish community is very committed to their lifestyle. They minimize outside influence on their culture. They do not watch TV or listen to pop music. They educate their children themselves, so they are able to teach them to appreciate the Amish lifestyle.

• No, the Amish community continue to live in a way that protects their Christian values

The Amish community will not abandon their lifestyle in the future. I believe that if they've been able to keep their values and way of life in tact all this time, there is no real reason for them to change. It's possible that some aspects may modernize, but I don't believe they will ever truly abandon their way of life. In my opinion, it isn't a 'choice' to live off the grid but a value that is deeply rooted in Christianity.