Will the Boston bombings negatively affect our country's view of Muslims?

• I'm scared of what Islam is capable of

This is really hateful, but radicals are too powerful since they can come into countries without a detection and living in a condensed populated city, scares me in a way that it can't be prevented. Just like Boston bombing which happens to be associated with Muslim are radicals targeting many people on a day that is suppose to promote positive awareness. I can't imagine walking on the street in my daily routine just to get blown off by a radical.

• Unfortunately, that already is the case..

As a Muslim myself, I feel that there is pre-emptive judgements made upon many Muslims in various places other than America. I'm in the UK, I have been born here and lived my 19 years here with only a few racist encounters by either some one relatively drunk or someone I wouldn't give the time of my day to conjure a response to. But, I have seen other Muslims suffer rather more post 9/11. It is the ongoing war in Afghanistan and the illegal intervention of Iraq that had caused the some what amplified 'Islamaphobia' to create hatred for not Muslims but the religion itself. In my personal account, I have chosen to follow Islam from my own accord, something that people have a hard time believing too. The fact that events such as 9/11 had caused me to question my own religion also reminds me that others will inevitably question it too, and rightfully so. However, my studies in politics & International relations has allowed me not to be a sheep to mainstream bias in the media, which usually informs on the basis of ones national agenda, not on really enlightening me with information I may require to make informed decisions on matters such as terrorism and religion. Unfortunately, it is the case way before the Boston bombings that has made many Americans to disregard Muslims, it is much bigger than terrorist attacks, it is also the media and the ongoing conflict from the east versus west façade.

• Yes, and it should

No other religion has been so intent on targeting and killing Americans as radical Islam. The time has come for the moderate Muslims to put their money where their mouth is and overthrow the radical Islamists. They need to stop being scared of these murderers and take control of their own lives. This is the true 99 percent versus the 1 percent, and we need to support the 99%.

Posted by: TN05
  • Yes, I believe so

Our country already looks at Muslims and judges them, assuming things just based on the fact that they are Muslim. The Boston bombers were initially identified in the news as two white males. It was later that it came up that they were Russian immigrants, and then the fact that they were Muslim as well, and I believe that is what people will latch on to.

• Most likely yes.

Every day more and more people are opening their eyes to the outside world as they grow older, and right now there is a generation of kids who dont remember where they were when 9/11 happened like most people do. When that generation sees acts of terror done by people who happen to be Muslim, then many people from this new generation will start hating them and join the ranks of those who already despise Muslims too.... Poor Islam just cant catch a break.

• I agree, our country already judges Muslims.

It is a shame to judge all Muslims because the act of a few. It should not be, Muslims are bad,' it should be , 'some people are evil.' We don't have the right to judge anyone, especially for their religion or color of their skin. I already hear the judgement of people because they are Muslim. For instance, that female doctor was attacked because of her faith. It's sad that the acts of a few, hurt many.

• Americans have already made up their minds.

Those Americans who decided to judge all Muslims based on the actions of a few after 9/11 will continue to bear an irrational hatred toward Muslims, and the Boston bombings will likely fuel their hatred. Reasonable people will blame the perpetrators themselves, while continuing to accept people individually, and will not make sweeping generalizations about any religious group.

Anonymous says2013-06-27T01:53:34.967
That's because Jihadism is involving in this country. Jihadism must be eliminated as Neo-Nazism and Zionism came to conformity of a planet. I suggest to have more Intel for these conformist groups.