Will the Newtown killings be a tipping point in the gun control debate?

• I personally hope that the Newtown killings will be a tipping point in the gun control debate.

I personally hope that the Newtown killings will be a
    tipping point in the gun control debate.
    It’s about time that we as a country come together and do something to
    stop all of the gun violence in America nowadays. If we all help pass stricter gun control
    laws, we can save a lot of lives.

• The Newtown killings will be a tipping point in the gun control debate.

The Newtown killings will be a tipping point in the gun control debate. This should be a topic that is used quite often and we do not want to see a repeat of the school tragedy. I think that instead of taking guns away, which criminals will have regardless of any law that we should allow the staff to carry protection.

• Yes, and it's about time we had more gun control.

Yes. The Newtown killings will be a tipping point in the gun control debate, and that's why the Second Amendment fetishists have been screaming nonstop, trying to get people to believe that it was a hoax killing set up by the government. That's completely ludicrous, of course. Gun control is on the way, and all the NRA's lies won't stop it.

• Yes, I truly hope they will.

If the murder of innocent children, and their teachers, while in school isn't the thing that makes this country wake up regarding gun control, then we are in trouble. At least two Senators who have very publicly been pro gun rights have come out and spoke in favor of gun control. Why do the gun lobbyists fear gun control? Why can't we try to regulate who has legal access to guns and require gun owners to act even more responsibly?

• Yes, the Newtown killings will be a tipping point in the gun control debate.

Gun control has been an issue in the United States for a number of years. Sadly, the Newtown shooting has brought the issue back into the limelight. I agree something needs to be done, but am fearful the restrictions may get out of hand. Tougher gun laws are inevitable. I am just hoping they do not decide to take them completely.

• Yes, I think the Newtown killings will be a tipping point in the gun control debate.

I think this latest shooting will be a tipping point. Due to the young ages of most of the victims, people are more outraged, more horrified, and more ready to take action than they were before. I think we all keep seeing the faces of those poor babies, and become angrier as the days pass and the pain subsides. I think this tragedy will bring about true change in our gun laws.

• The Newtown "shooting" was a hoax.

Just go to veteranstoday.Com and you'll see what I mean. The kids are still alive, they even sang at the Super Bowl in 2013. Their parents are obviously crisis actors. Look at how Robbie Parker was laughing when he gave a statement about his dead daughter. What about all the tweets that went out before the event? And the R.I.P Victoria soto Facebook page set up on December 10- 4 days before. Don't let it fool you. Gun control doesn't work.

• No, it wasn't.

People were very concerned about the violence and the killings at Newtown Elementary School, but nothing became of it. They couldn't even get the gun show loophole passed that was supported by the majority of people. Congress is gridlocked because of the Republicans in the House and Democrats in the Senate and can't get anything done.

The shooting rampage in Newtown should be a tipping point in the gun control debate. Lawmakers should realize that this tragedy should be the last of its kind and they should finally implement measures that will make it impossible for the mentally ill to acquire large numbers of guns and ammunition.

• No, there's too many arguments on both sides

I don't think Newtown is going to change anything in the gun control debate. Many people are saying that the shooter should have had restricted access to those weapons. Just as many others are saying that if the school had armed guards or if the teachers had carry permits, the shooter could have been controlled before there were so many deaths. The topic is still too divided for any kind of "turning point".