• Most likely it will...

I think it will. It's always adapted. We've gone from extremely hot to extremely cold in the Earth's past. I don't think there is much of a question whether or not the species on Earth can adapt.

The better question is, if a species can't adapt, why does it deserve to live? Our planet has always been ruled by the survival of the fittest. If something can't adapt, too bad for you. That includes humans. In the life of the Earth, individual lives are absolutely meaningless. Species as a whole is fairly meaningless as well. In the end, the Earth will not be able to hold life. So what does it matter anyway?

• It always has!

George Carlin said it best- the earth does not care about styrofoam, it will suck it all up- it does not care about warming, what is a few million years to recover. People will be gone and some other life form will be here. Seeds will survive and plants will grow. The oceans will flow, the mountains will rise and fall, somewhere life will survive in water, germs will come and go.

• Survival of the fittest

The earth has always gone through climate change, the Ice age, ever heard of that one? We are still here aren't we, and so is a ton of life. Global warming is a natural cycle that everything on the earth will adapt to, I am sure that this earth has seen a lot worse in its time.

• Yes, I believe so.

I do not believe that Earth's ability to adapt to global warming is in question; the habitability of other planets in our solar system has not bearing on their planet-hood so climate change on our own world is irrelevant to that world's continued existence. This said, I think that there are serious questions to I do not believe that Earth's ability to adapt to global warming is in question; the habitability of other planets in our solar system has not bearing on their planet-hood so climate change on our own world is irrelevant to that world's continued existence. This said, I think that there are serious questions to be asked about our ability to survive on an earth radically altered by climate change.be asked about our ability to survive on an earth radically altered by climate change.

• I think so!

I believe that the planet will adapt, and the species that adapts with it will survive. I feel that we need to help the planet by being more energy efficient. If we can help the planet, then we can ourselves adapt to the climate changes. If we do not evolve, then the planet will survive and create other life for them to live on planet Earth!

• It will

The planet will adapt, it's seen plenty of climate changes over the countless years. We on the other hand might not be around to see the transition take place if we don't at least make an effort to make the transition a more gradual one. The planet will survive with or without us.

• No the plant will not, and expecting it do so will doom it

No the planet will not adapt to global warming. Any reputable scientist who has expertise in this area shares my views and every scientist that has been bought by special interest groups disagrees with me. The planet simply cannot keep up with the stress human beings put on it. Maybe if human beings disappeared for a few hundred years and came back it would be able to, but that is not happening.