• The ice caps will melt it just logic

Yes the polar ice will melt as it is already happening whatever we do yes it might slow down the prose down but in the long shot we are doomed . We cant do anything to stop the polar ice caps from completely melting the way that we at now the earth is just doing to get hotter and hotter till are entire Eco system snaps .

• Polar ice caps will melt completely.

Yes, Polar ice caps will melt completely. We have already seen a reduce in size of the icecaps and thus this will continue. The earth is still warming and will eventually see them dissolve, refreeze, and melt again. The greenhouse effect is still a participate in the heating of the atmosphere causing the winter months to be slightly warmer every year. I think this will continue and melt the ice caps completely.

• Yes - it's happened before

In the long history of Earth, there have been several periods where the Earth has been free of polar ice, whether due to orbital cycles, continent arrangements, or degree of greenhouse gas warming. There is no reason to think that the Earth won't someday return to this state, with or without human causes.

And I disagree with @GWL-CPA. Yes he is right about the cycles, but there is now no doubt that human activity does have an impact. And whereas orbital cycles operate over tens or hundreds of thousands of years, the things we are doing now are causing changes within a century, which is far to rapid for most animal species to adapt to.

• It will, definitely

There is not much time left for us to see the polar ice caps melting away completely. There may be countries which may rely upon clean energy these days. But there are countries which are densely populated. In such countries, clean energy may be a far cry. Not only automobiles are a cause, even deforestation causes a tremendous decrease in green cover resulting in decrease of oxygen level which also means the increase in the level of carbon dioxide. All these cannot be stopped nor brought under control immediately. By the time everyone is aware of the consequences, the ice caps would have melted. Further changing the attitude of people is not easy.

• I think it will.

Over time, the air is getting warmer and warmer, and the ice is slowly melting. The decline of the polar caps cause a huge change in our climate. Since 1979, winter artic ice has decreased over 4 percent per decade. I don't think they will melt in our life time, but it WILL happen.

• Yes, I think polar ice caps will melt completely.

I believe polar ice caps will melt completely because of global warming. Although I am not a scientist, I can see that global warming has definitely impacted our planet. In Ohio we have 80 degree days in December, when we used to get snow and temperatures at or below freezing. I think the polar caps will melt completely because earth just seems to be getting warmer and warmer.

• The ice caps completely melt because of natural causes and then they form again.

This Global Warming caused by man nonsense has to stop; you folks have no clue what you are talking about.

The earth has had at least 6 ices ages. The normal temperature of the Earth is actually a few degrees warmer than it is now. The ice caps and the Green land ice sheets all melt when the earth warms up naturally. They well reform with the next cooling period begins.

The warming and cooling of the earth are caused by the earth's orbit around the sun, which goes in 100,000 year cycles.

Astronomer, Milutin Milankovitch, discovered, in the early 20th century, that the Earth’s obliquity, eccentricity and precession are not constant. Over a period of about 41,000 years, the Earth completes one cycle in which it goes from being tilted 24.2-24.5 degrees down to 22.1-22.6 degrees and back again. Currently, the Earth’s axial tilt is decreasing and we are pretty well exactly halfway through our descent down to a tilt of a 22.6-degree minimum, which we will hit around the year 12,000. The Earth’s eccentricity goes through a much more erratic cycle, with a 100,000-year period. The eccentricity of the Earth ranges from being around 0.005 to 0.05. As stated in item 8, it is currently 1/60 or 0.0166, but is currently decreasing. It will bottom out to around 0.006 in around the year 28,000. He conjectured that these cycles cause the ice ages. When the obliquity and eccentricity are particularly large, and the precession is such that the Earth is tilted directly away or directly toward the Sun at aphelion, excessively cold winters result in the hemisphere tilted away from the Sun with too much ice to thaw during the spring or summer.

Bob Carter's "Ten Little Facts" about global warming

2. We need to link much more closely with the climate emergency.

There is no “climate emergency”; the term is a deliberate lie. Global average temperature at the end of the 20th century fell well within the bounds of natural climate variation, and was in no way unusually warm, or cold, in geological terms.

Earth’s temperature is currently cooling slightly.

But thanks to morons like Al Core, you folks now believe man-made Global Warming is real; it ain't!

• No, I highly doubt it

I think it is highly unlikely that they will all melt. It gets harder to melt as more of it is gone. This is because it lowers the salt concentration in the ocean around it and therefore raises the freezing the point of the water around there, making some of it refreeze. It eventually will reach an equilibrium.

• A Public Scare...

While I do believe and we have evidence to back up the fact that many of the ice caps are much smaller than their former selves, I do not believe that we will reach a temperature high enough to obliterate them completely. As previously stated by another poster, we are becoming more aware of the environment in general and, hopefully, will continue to work that goal. Just as we've had ice ages, we will have warmer ages but I find it extremely difficult to believe that the temperatures will rise enough to cause the caps to melt completely.

• We still have time...

I've found in history, it takes a crisis to get the world into action... As the problem gets worse... I think you will see a lot more countries heavily investing in clean energy. They already have other incentives to do so... The US, one of the leading causes of environmental pollution. Which, I am simply stating as a fact. As a citizen, we all try to chip in to save the environment... But taking the power away from OPEC has been the goal of the US government for many a year. All it takes is a little funding and a lot of human ingenuity... But I believe we can have most of the developed world 50% clean by 2030... As a future adult and voting citizen, I pledge to devote myself to finding new ways to cease our dependency on fossil fuels and save the world and I believe you should do the same...

• Depends on the seasons

Just stop using fossil fuel or it will get worse. Besides,just use a windmill,some solar panels a giant hanster wheel and make a lake for extra electricity.So stop using fossil fuel AND NEVER USE OIL OR GAS EVER AGAIN. OR ALL THE POLAR BEARS IN THE WORLD WILL DIE AND FLOODING WILL BE HAPPENING MORE OFTEN AND IT WILL KILL MORE PEOPLE

• Rytr tyre tyr

Yu yrt urt ru utr yu yrt urt ru utr yu yrt urt ru utr yu yrt urt ru utr yu yrt urt ru utr yu yrt urt ru utr yu yrt urt ru utr yu yrt urt ru utr yu yrt urt ru utr yu yrt urt ru utr

• Rytr tyre tyr

• No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dummys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y are u stupid my not friends bun bun,, you are dummys la la

• Global warming sucks alot

Le Chatelier's principle baby, we can burn those fossil fuels, and the globe will forgive us every single day no matter what were actually doing. This includes driving around in a old car for twenty four hours a day, so all you silly scientists who think that global warming will cause the zombie apocalypse can go jump, YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!

• Global warming sucks alot