• Already did

John Boehner might be the most worthless person that's been in Congress in my lifetime, he watched us head over this and in his free time told Sandy victims to go screw themselves when looking for funding for their destroyed homes. It's a done deal, anybody that is surprised doesn't understand how beyond repair Washington is.

• Probably,

we will head over the fiscal cliff, then give ourselves another year to decide it, and we will return to taxes now, then when the year passes we won't decide and give ourselves another year, thus setting an infinite loop in taxes, and another year of arguing. My final opinion: Yes, we are doomed.

• Yes, without preperation.

I'm not going to pretend that I know the answers to this question, but it must be asked: What can we do to prevent this? This is why i am glad I'm not in politics. Things must be changed in a way that doesn't leave us more screwed over than we are now, question is, will they be able to do it in time?

• Most likely yes

With the fiscal cliff only a few days away and the Republican party dealing with a civil war between the establishment and party leaders, it's unlikely that we'll see a negotiated deal. Further, surveys have demonstrated that if we do go over the cliff it will be the Republicans who take the blunt of the blame and thus the democrats have incentive to let us fall.

However, it all comes down to votes on the Republican side. If the speaker can convince the right wing that not passing a bill will be bad for them in the coming elections then it is possible, but the tea party is not known for its ability to compromise

Posted by: SMT