Will the US have to enact Martial Law due to the uprising over immigration?

• Obama Announces that he Will Rule Without Congress on Immigration

In the same Rose Garden where two years ago he announced his unilateral plan to stop enforcing existing immigration laws in favor of handling deportations on a case-by-case basis, President Obama announced on Monday that he would, in the following months, be taking action without the approval of Congress to address illegal immigration and immigration reform issues.

Noting that Speaker of the House John Boehner does not intend to vote on immigration reform legislation this year, Obama stated,

• No, I don't believe they will.

While the situation has gotten completely out of control I don't believe that martial law is the answer. We need better boarder control and more military members sent to stop the buses of people that are entering this country every day. We also need faster deportation processes so that the immigrants realize that coming here illegally will only get them sent back.

• No, I do not think it is needed

At this point in time, I do not think Martial Law is needed. I think although the issue of immigration can cause some tension and disagreement. I do not think it is bad enough at this point to enact it. If there was riots and violence going on then I would say it would be needed.

• We just need to enforce the law.

No, the US will not have to enact Martial Law due to the uprising over immigration, because people are using their First Amendment rights to say how they feel about the immigration situation. Why not enact martial law in order to return the illegal immigrants to their home countries? Rather, you try to quash descent. Let people speak their minds.