Will the world end on Dec. 21, 2012 as predicted by the Mayan Calendar?

• The World Is Ending... Again

Countless number of times in the past, throughout human history, people have predicted the end of the world. Still hasn't happened. When I see this like people killing their children or spending thousands of dollars on "apocalypse supplies", and shake my head and groan. It's hysteria. It's detrimental to society. Even if the world were to end, what's the point? What can we do about it?

• Life will go on after 12/21

I believe that the world will not end on Dec. 21,2012. We have had plenty of end of the world scares to know that this is probably just another myth. Our calendar and the Mayan Calendar aren't even in sync. Also we have the international date line, so where would the world end first?

• No! Life will go on as usual.

No! There is absolutely no reason to believe the ancient Mayans over modern day scientists. There is no reasonable evidence that any world ending disaster will be occurring any time soon. Their calendar is just a calendar. It is not some magical crystal ball and they knew even less about the universe than we do today.

• The World Will Not End In 2012.

There's no scientific evidence that shows that the world will in fact end in 2012. In fact, no scientist has come out and even uttered anything that will remotely state that. I feel it's simply an overreaction. The end of the Mayan calendar should not be the sole basis for believing the apocalypse is coming.